Punisher
Street Fighter Hyper Fighting Ken All Day

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
A few games from the last few weeks

PS4
Horizon Zero Dawn - played the story and the DLC, pumped for the next one

Detroit Become Human - this was a coop playthrough to see what choices each of us would do. I know not many are fans of David Cage, but the choices here were handled well, much better than Heavy Rain.

Diablo 3 - new season this week,no laying as a monk

Borderlands 3 - played the guns and tentacles DLC, fun one. May go through the rest soon

GBA
Pokemon Emerald - got the 8 badges and am at victory road. So much grinding it's nuts. I miss exp all

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
ps2
virtua fighter 4 evolution.

super famicom mini
super street fighter 2.
yoshi's island.
mario kart.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Half-Life: Alyx
Finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 100% (I'm 100% them all chronologically)
Finished Prey 2006
Finished Shenmue, moving on to Shenmue 2
Gekirindan, still going for the 1CC on and off

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
PS4

Marvel's Avengers-Cap and Black Widow are ridiculously fun to play. The grind and multiplayer are an insult. Story is so so. You have to assemble the Avengers after an accident at the beginning of the game leads to five years on the run after thwyre framed, split up and go into various forms of hiding. Because when I hear a game called 'Avengers' is coming, I definitely DON'T want to play the Avengers at their height. I also don't want to have them all accessible from the start, nope. I want to play the new Ms. Marvel Kamala Kahn....

PS3

Gundam Side Stories-I like it. I wouldn't describe it as good. Feels rushed and is a nostalgia trap. I don't care. I'm learning Japaneae kn Duolingo and I'm starting to get to the point where I understand bits and pieces of the specific conversations. It's also helping me relearn my hiragana, which is bad right now.

Switch

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis For Switch-Asian version with all the DLC right on the cart. Magnificent love letter to UC Gundam fans.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Since I letterbombed my Wii

Mario Kart homebrew I forget what the site is actually called.

Bunch of games on other systems.

Series X

Borderlands 3 is getting a Director's Cut so mostly boss fights to prepare.

Dead Space

Yu Gi Oh lotc

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
DC

Cannon Spike- Overrated, controls suck
Gunbird 2- Up there with Sengoku Balde and Dragon Blaze as the best from Psikyo
Fast Striker- Blah the NGDEV stuff just never feels right and will never escape the euro vibe but always have kick ass STs
NeoXYX- More blah

PS4

Rise of the Tomb Raider- It's not Uncharted good but it's good. I forgot how insane the death sequences are.
DOA6 Ultimate- It was free, scratches the itch for a shiny quick 3D fighter. Most retarded story ever.

Eat a dick lonesage.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Taiso does it right, he doesn't just list the games HE ACTUALLY TALKS ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS OF THEM. Take note, flyboys

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4:
Nier Automata
Like I already said in the war room, a really good game; this is how you make an action rpg, not the Spazfest that was Ni No Kuni. I didn't find up it's own ass, most of the philosophy etc. references are pretty tongue-in-cheek. Some high school nihilist dialogue here and there, nothing too cringy though.

KoF 2000, apparently a port of the PS2 version. Also one of the easiest KoF's, hadn't played the game for five-six years and had no trouble plowing through it on level 8. I also hadn't heard the AST before, so there's that as well, vastly prefer the cart music though, there's an option for that.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Diablo 3 - very brief spurts of play, got the little dragon and occasionally join the gf in rifts. Playing as a monk for this season, I don't think I'm going to go for the conquests as they take a lot of time.

SNES
Terranigma - made it through reviving mankind. I enjoy the fluid combat and gameplay, feels much more refined to Illusion of Gaia.

Arcade
Messed with a arpicade and some boards.
CPS2 - Street Fighter Zero 3, X-men vs Street Fighter
Random games - Sunset Riders, Alien vs Predator, Demon Front

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
PS4

Nier: Replicant-a solid remake of a middling title that was big on ideas, like most of Yoko Taro's games, but lacking in execution. Saddled with fetchquesting, backtracking, farming and busywork that felt ancient 15 years ago, this release benefits from an improved framerate and game engine that makes the experience more bearable this time around. I also think that a Marketplace programmed to engage with games like this in a certain way may have missed its narrative subtleties. Nier: Automata somehow executed on its premise with greater affinity because of a vastly superior combat engine that was far more satisfying and a less subtle and more poignant implementation of its philosophical ideas. Automata was less impenetrable and it also benefitted from an online community that was efficiently able to discuss its concepts. The previous version of Nier on PS3 and XBOX 360 just didn't have an audience so whatever it was trying to day, not that many people were hearing it. The game feels faster and smoother now, and doesn't feel like it's wasting as much of your time now.

SWITCH

SD GUNDAM G GENERATION GENESIS-still unlocking stuff, still having a blast, still losing dozens of hours and not minding. And approaching it forewarned with my experiences from the PS4 version means I get to be more efficient and strategic about it this time around.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I downloaded and played the first 17 levels of the Soda pop version (co-developed by GregN?) of Candy Crush to earn fifty cents at a dumb online survey site that probably won't even pay me that half dollar. It was all right, but, barely any different from regular Candy Crush Saga.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4

Nier: Replicant-a solid remake of a middling title that was big on ideas, like most of Yoko Taro's games, but lacking in execution. Saddled with fetchquesting, backtracking, farming and busywork that felt ancient 15 years ago, this release benefits from an improved framerate and game engine that makes the experience more bearable this time around. I also think that a Marketplace programmed to engage with games like this in a certain way may have missed its narrative subtleties. Nier: Automata somehow executed on its premise with greater affinity because of a vastly superior combat engine that was far more satisfying and a less subtle and more poignant implementation of its philosophical ideas. Automata was less impenetrable and it also benefitted from an online community that was efficiently able to discuss its concepts. The previous version of Nier on PS3 and XBOX 360 just didn't have an audience so whatever it was trying to day, not that many people were hearing it. The game feels faster and smoother now, and doesn't feel like it's wasting as much of your time now.
Thinking of getting this myself, never played the PS3 version. On topic: Finished Nier Automata, got all the main endings, and some of the random ones, plus beat the Emil clones. Best game I've played since Bloodborne, 4/5

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Outriders PC
The game is quite fun. It's got an non-Western story. Pretty gritty for sci fi. Borderlands-esque loot collecting.
I'm approaching the end. My main complaint is the lack of variety in enemies. You have 3-4 alien mobs and 3-4 human mobs. The bosses are a little more unique, but they are infrequent. It'll be interesting to see if this game has an endgame outside of the loot grind.

I like the challenge of the difficult rating. It pushes you to want to play on harder and harder difficulty levels. I've never seen a game make you want to level up the difficulty. Great system. Currently on difficulty 10 of 15. Trying to unlock more and more as I play.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Outriders PC
The game is quite fun. It's got an non-Western story. Pretty gritty for sci fi. Borderlands-esque loot collecting.
I'm approaching the end. My main complaint is the lack of variety in enemies. You have 3-4 alien mobs and 3-4 human mobs. The bosses are a little more unique, but they are infrequent. It'll be interesting to see if this game has an endgame outside of the loot grind.

I like the challenge of the difficult rating. It pushes you to want to play on harder and harder difficulty levels. I've never seen a game make you want to level up the difficulty. Great system. Currently on difficulty 10 of 15. Trying to unlock more and more as I play.
I've thought about this game as my next online adventure. I hear mixed things about the online connectivity and enemy variety, but if the gameplay and looting is there then I'm in

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've thought about this game as my next online adventure. I hear mixed things about the online connectivity and enemy variety, but if the gameplay and looting is there then I'm in

The servers were pretty unstable at launch is what I heard. It was their #1 priority to fix. I play on PC, but I plan to cross play with my brother who uses PS5. I had no server issues playing on PC, and I grabbed it a few days after launch.

I have played solo for 95% of the game, but it is an always online game. Only way to stop gear hacks.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Sine Mora- I knew this game existed and that it had involvement from a lot of people whose work I have enjoyed but I just never bothered with it. It's okay hasn't knocked my socks off considering I was expecting Progear as interpreted by Suda 51 or something along those lines. I feel like there is some sort of basic scoring mechanic that isn't making itself apparent to me. The story mode sucks ass and I hate the trend in newer chumps to add a bunch of useless dialogue and in game cut scenes.

Nier: Automatia- Only a couple hours in but I dig it. I played the first one when it came out but don't remember anything about it so I'll get Replicant eventually.

Bastion- Masterpiece. Now I need to play Transistor and Hades.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Series X

Borderlands 3 Director's cut new missions and loot.

Phoenix (Colecovision on roids)

Arkanoid, Venture, Donkey Kong, Elevator Action, to name a few.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4

Sine Mora- I knew this game existed and that it had involvement from a lot of people whose work I have enjoyed but I just never bothered with it. It's okay hasn't knocked my socks off considering I was expecting Progear as interpreted by Suda 51 or something along those lines. I feel like there is some sort of basic scoring mechanic that isn't making itself apparent to me. The story mode sucks ass and I hate the trend in newer chumps to add a bunch of useless dialogue and in game cut scenes.
I remember getting this one on switch and not clicking with it either. It was not bad, just boring to me

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm having trouble pushing through the second half of Nier: Replicant. The addition of a ferry for 'some' fast travel does nothing to alleviate the boredom of farming.

And there are multiple endings for this game. Who the fuck both has time AND is so invested in this quirky little niche title to repeatedly play it to see all of them?

The game is fine. But that's about it.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Diablo 3 - close to finishing the season. Need to finish some gem leveling and a conquest.

SNES
Terranigma - I'm at a point whe the action slows down and it's more like fetch quests. Im in a castle about to fight Bloody Mary, and I need to grind like 5 levels to stand a chance.

Switch
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - playing this with the fiance, shes never seen anything like the series and is really into the narrative. I'm not the biggest fan of the updated graphics, but the writing and pacing is intact and thus, it's still appreciated.