Weekly Roundup

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Wii (we decided to power through a bunch of light gun shooters over the weekend).
House of the Dead Overkill - best one of the bunch. Such a fun shooter and a good upgrade system.
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - good summary of RE0, 1 and 3. The fiance will not play the games as they are but she enjoys the RE universe so this was a good one to get her into. Weapon upgrades are slow and not usually worth it, that's the only bad part.
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles - much better sequel. Better pacing, smoother gunplay, and weapon upgrades both attainable and make a difference in gameplay.
Dead Space Extraction - fun but glitchy. The aiming reticules, ironically, take up a lot of space and make precise shooting for limbs more difficult. Weapons besides the rivet gun and plaa cutter are more novelties.
Ghost Squad - such an awesome game. Short, sweet, and very arcadey.

[Switch
Crosscode
- just started this one. I like the nods to MMOs it makes, while still having some charm and addictive gameplay. Challenging for sure.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
8/8
Switch

Tetris 99 Zelda skin unlocked

Neo Geo
League Bowling

Astro City Mini
Rad Mobile

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
B80831BD-678A-4F39-8F54-66C0CBF57F65.jpeg

G•Darius V2
Virtual Bowling
Cosmic Smash

Nobody in the mood for fighters; me and the kids each picked an old favorite.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Wii (we decided to power through a bunch of light gun shooters over the weekend).

This is a great idea! Love all the games in your op.

I spent some time w/ the GunBlade/Machineguns double pack for Wii. Really impressive ports.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm just playing Genesis and PC Engine games. None for any length of time. In the mood to play something, just not sure what????

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

KOF02UM
Cotton Reboot (This is really good)
Yakuza LAD

Dld Transistor so I'll probably check that out soon, I've really enjoyed Bastion and am really looking forward to getting Hades.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
This is a great idea! Love all the games in your op.

I spent some time w/ the GunBlade/Machineguns double pack for Wii. Really impressive ports.
This one and house of the Dead 2 and 3 we didn't have time to get to this weekend, but it will be the next game session for sure!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Finally got that...

PS5

Demon's Souls
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
A Plague Tale: Innocence
(mostly watching my nephew play my free PS5 upgrade)

Switch

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge

PS4

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (some friends sort of convinced me to come back and give it a try. Started a new character. Don't intend to really get all that serious about it)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - Resident Evil 7, borrowed a friends PSVR and it transformed a lukewarm horror game into an actually scary one.
Finished it, kind of boring all in all with the final battle being a set piece where you couldn't actually do anything. Got the 1st ending where you save the Mrs. Cba to play it again to get the second one. Tried the free add-on where you play as Chris in the mine, zzz, looks and feels like Quake 4 single player, chicken neck McIncest as a master mind villain and the reformed good Umbrella sucks. -> To the library media donation shelf

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
PCE

Devil's Crush
Ghosts and Goblins
Alien Crush

Genesis

Ghosts and Goblins
Virtua Racing

I have a "Neptune" console and a MSDEXP and trying things. With the Mega SD plugged in the 32x slot, 32X and MD carts can be played but no CD or Mastersystem. Plugging the MSD in the MSDEXP and the Neptune plays CD games but no MD, 32X or Mastersystem games. I'll need two Genesis/MD either way I look at or swap a 32x in one console. What I'll probably do is the Neptune for 32X and Genesis with a Everdrive Pro and a Genesis with a Mega SD for everything else including Gen carts.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
8/15
Astro City Mini
Rad Mobile

Switch
Tetris 99

PS4
King of Fighters 98 um
King of Fighters 2002 UM

Neo Geo
League Bowling
Super Sidekicks 2

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Saturn

Street Fighter Alpha 2
Gekirindan

Was watching some Street Fighter Assassin's Fist last which put me in the mood for some Street Fighter.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Control- This is really good. Wasn't on my radar at all until I came across some gameplay footage, I had assumed it was like Infamous or one of those other open world action games. It's not and it's super trip. Definitely some Alan Wake vibes.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon- Love it.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
PS4

Control- This is really good. Wasn't on my radar at all until I came across some gameplay footage, I had assumed it was like Infamous or one of those other open world action games. It's not and it's super trip. Definitely some Alan Wake vibes.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon- Love it.
Cure of the moon is a lot of fun.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
9/5/21
Worked 30 out of 31 days last month, but finally got some time off

Switch
Tetris 99

Turned my 360 on for the first time in a while
Earthworm Jim 3D - Had so much fun with this until the Pete level which frustrates me.
Virtua Fighter 2
Outrun 2SP - Have to play this everytime I turn on the 360

Astro City Mini
Rad Mobile- Finished all of the stages, I imagine not too many completed this in the arcade there are so many levels.
Alex Kid and the Lost Stars

Dreamcast - Same thing haven’t played this in ages. Side note this is the only system I own that unfortunately has yellowed on me.
Capcom VS SNK Pro - I just picked up the Pro version I never got it despite being a Joe player, have had the vanilla one and 2 forever so was always looking for a decent price which I finally found. Just ran through this, beat Geese.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Bayonetta - beat this one on a casual run through. Combat system still holds up well and I forgot how much fun it was experimenting with combos and weapons.

Final Fantasy XII - started this. Never played the PS2 original, so I'm excited to see how this goes.

Switch
Crosscode - fun and challenging action RPG. Love the soundtrack and graphics. Made it to chapter 5 so far

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Control
Hollow Knight- Lttp on this, damn is it good.
Rabi Ribi- Disgustingly cute with possibly the worst story ever but super solid gameplay and amazing soundtrack.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Dreamcast - Same thing haven’t played this in ages. Side note this is the only system I own that unfortunately has yellowed on me.
Capcom VS SNK Pro - I just picked up the Pro version I never got it despite being a Joe player, have had the vanilla one and 2 forever so was always looking for a decent price which I finally found. Just ran through this, beat Geese.

Pro has been my favorite, since Stop n’ Save Software was the place to buy imports. ^_^

The soundtrack, backgrounds-love love love, everything about 1.5!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
PS4/PS5
Horizon Zero Dawn - Finally got past the intro stage stuff and finally starting to venture out a little bit.

Switch
Sonic Colors

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
PC: Doom: The Golden Souls mod
SMS: Shinobi, Psycho Fox, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, Ghouls N Ghosts, Wonderboy in Monster Land

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4/PS5
Horizon Zero Dawn - Finally got past the intro stage stuff and finally starting to venture out a little bit.

Switch
Sonic Colors
How's the sonic colors remaster? I hear nothing but negativity and wanted to see an unbiased opinion

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
9/12/21

Dreamcast
Dynamite Cop
Fighting Vipers 2

Switch
Tetris 99

PS4
Sonic Colors