Weekly Roundup

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Got my copy of Pockey & Rocky reshrined today.
An update was already downloaded.
Game is harder than I remember, or maybe I just suck. 😅
nah those games are hard.
gimme instant respawn and no checkpoints so i can chill and credit feed.
nobody got time to learn a game nowadays.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Switch
Astral Chain, I am losing motivation to finish this game, it got redundant fast.
Ikaruga
Salt and Sacrifice

PS4
Melty Blood Type Lumina

Got my copy of Pockey & Rocky reshrined today.
An update was already downloaded.
Game is harder than I remember, or maybe I just suck. 😅
I am still waiting for mine, the game is tough.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Switch
Astral Chain, I am losing motivation to finish this game, it got redundant fast.
Ikaruga
Salt and Sacrifice

PS4
Melty Blood Type Lumina

I am still waiting for mine, the game is tough.
Where did you order from?
I initially ordered from Amazon but on release day I got an email telling me there was going to be a delay & they couldn't tell me how long it woúld be.
I ended up cancelling and ordered from GameStop, 3 days later I had the game.
I didn't know Ikaruga came out on switch. 🐐

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Samurai Showdown Collection- It's nice to have all the MVS games and Perfect but jesus is this a lazy collection. A whopping 2 video filters, button layout, wallpaper and 3 screen sizes. That's it. Not even the original options for the individual games. Pretty pathetic.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - Nioh 2

Finally beat the house boss, the one with four tentacles, lady Akihabara or something. The main difficulty with this one was/is just bad design, it attacks from four sides + above and the camera stays behind you making dodging the attacks harder than it actually is. In games like Nier the camera switches to an overhead one.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
7/3/22

PS4
Slipstream

Switch
Tetris 99

PS1 via PS3
Power Instinct 2
Kitchen Panic

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
GBA:
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. Beat Death and got the high jump, nearing the end. Also just
realized I may not be able to play boss rush afterwards, because the X7 only has manual save states and doesn't emulate battery saves. 😟

WarioWare - Mega MicroGame$: Almost done. Reached the boss stage of the final Wario mini game assortment, but, lost my last life at the end.

Tekken Advance. Beat it, but, meh. Never been much of a Tekken fan, but, it's one of the preinstalled GBA titles on the X7, so, I gave it a whirl.

Mobile:
Scatter Slots. Level 1,859, $45 billion in my bank. Unlocked the Will of the (Greek) Gods slot.

Facebook:
Word Blitz with my elderly Aunt.🤣 She beat me twice!

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I recently sold my PS4 getting rid of my last console (gave my switch to my kid). I'm ALL PC all the time now. GG Strive got me back into fighting games and now all these YouTubers and things have me playing these games again.

DNF Duel
Guilty Gear Strive
Just got KoF 15 to try out

If anyone is playing any of these hit me up on Steam, account name: rbjakespecial

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
PSX:
Shadow Tower. From Software King's Field type game and one of my favorites of all time. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally managed to set a PSX game to boot on my X7 handheld, and it actually runs pretty well too. Unfortunately, the X7 only has 2 shoulder buttons, not 4, and L2+R2 are used to look/aim up/down in this title, so, I can't even hit the first enemies on the ground (slimes)! The game lets you remap buttons, but, not 2 functions to the same one, so, the situation is unfixable. Such a shame. It's mystifying that they'd even support PS1 emulation on a handheld without sufficient buttons. At the very least, they should have let you use another button as a shift key to change L1/R1 into L2/R2...

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Night in the Woods- A kind of lazy man's 2D adventure with mini games interspersed where you play as a college dropout who returns home to your crappy small town and weird things start happening. Has the hipster slackerness of Scott Pilgrim and the quirkiness of Wes Anderson with a touch of Blue Velvet. Quite charming and a nice game to just chill out with. My only complaint so far is there is a lot of loading for a modern 2D games.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles - great game, blows my mind that something like this could run on a Wii back in the day. Combat took a bit to get used to, but is engaging in its own right. There's a lot to keep track of, but it's not as overwhelming as it could be. I hear XC2 has a ton of extra anime waifu shit but there's just a lot going on

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
PS4

Night in the Woods- A kind of lazy man's 2D adventure with mini games interspersed where you play as a college dropout who returns home to your crappy small town and weird things start happening. Has the hipster slackerness of Scott Pilgrim and the quirkiness of Wes Anderson with a touch of Blue Velvet. Quite charming and a nice game to just chill out with. My only complaint so far is there is a lot of loading for a modern 2D games.
Unfortunately the backstory of the developer superseded the game. I know it was supposed to get a physical release and that got cancelled for one, shame. I’d like to check it out one of these days.

Very busy with work, tomorrow is my first day off in 21 days, but things are going to briefly slow down, so I’m hoping to play some more House of the Dead and open my copy of Snow Bros, what I played last week was very brief, maybe a track or a level.

7/10/22
Switch
Tetris 99
House of the Dead Remake

PS4
Slipsteam
GG Aleste 3

PS1 via PS3
Jet Moto
Klonoa

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Unfortunately the backstory of the developer superseded the game. I know it was supposed to get a physical release and that got cancelled for one, shame.
Hadn't heard anything about it, I don't pay any attention to industry news. Read a bit and it seems he potentially did some stuff to a woman and then he killed himself...

It's a very good game, Though I don't think it warrants a physical copy, it's definitely a one and done "experience" for most people like a lot of indie games. The dialogue is great and it looks neat but honestly there's no real game play outside of the mini games and those are mostly optional. You just wander around town and talk to people, which is engaging to a point but a bit more platforming would have helped. The bass guitar rhythm game flat out sucks and is poorly designed, that's the only real actual problem with the game. I'd recommend it, it captures the early 20s modern slacker vibe pretty well. Like I said very Scott Pilgrim but without the constant nerd references and over the top/cartoonish stuff.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finished Night in the Woods. I can see why it's got a cult following, it's not because the games is amazingly deep or innovative. It is very appealing to a specific demographic, namely people in their mid-late 20s that can look back for the first time in their life with a little bit of perspective. It's what I would call a pre-life crisis story. Where for a lot of people 19-22ish are just starting to figure out that they aren't exactly an adult yet but also not a teenager and that maybe being an adult doesn't actually mean doing whatever they want and actually kind of sucks.

I compared it Scott Pilgrim before and I think that's a good parallel, they both appeal to white middle class slacker young adults. It's not really a hipster game, it's more like for all the kids that were never really part of any group growing up, the kids that just kind of floated through their teenage years.

It's a solid little story though, worth the 8-10 hours it takes to finish it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Osman - what an incredible work. Unfortunately marred by slow text and a horrible, horrible soundtrack that just does not fit at all. Love the setting so much. Hope the creator is living a good life.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Alien Isolation- This a pretty impressive homage to Alien, lots of details, environments, awesome presentation etc. but it's a fucking awful survival horror game. Just terrible. It's all unlocking doors and crawling around in vents, the highly touted AI for the Alien is laughable and the model looks stupid as fuck in well lit areas. The DLC is neat with the missions that recreate scenes from the movie but the main game is dog shit dookie doo-doo.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
MVS:

Strikers 1945
KOF '98

Taito F3:

Landmaker

Namco System 11:

Dancing Eyes

CPS2:

Vampire Hunter
Super SF II X

CPS3:

SF3 Third Strike

Konami '83 whichever:

Juno First

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
MVS:

Strikers 1945
KOF '98

Taito F3:

Landmaker

Namco System 11:

Dancing Eyes

CPS2:

Vampire Hunter
Super SF II X

CPS3:

SF3 Third Strike

Konami '83 whichever:

Juno First
We don't care. ;)

Jon

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles - very fun game. Standard "anime characters make up a motley crew and use the power of friendship to kill God" game, but overall fun. Took a long time, and a lot of the main story felt like it was deliberately wasting time, like prolonged dialog, mandatory walk sections to link two separate cutscenes together, etc.

Final Fantasy IX - love this game. With the port to switch i can speed up a bunch of stuff and just cruise through a game that feels comfortable

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Steam Deck

Terraria - Tried to start a game and couldn't immediately figure out the controls. Need to sit down and configure things until they make sense to my console lovin' brain.
Castlevania - Looks good on the Steam Deck. Playing through the collection that came out a year or two ago.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
7/17/22

Super Famciom -
Ghost Sweeper Mikami - I’ve been playing this once and a while since January, maybe a level every three weeks when I felt like it. I finally finished it this week.

PS4 -
Slipstream
GG Aleste 3
Crazy Climber 2

Switch -
Tetris 99

Last edited: