Weekly Roundup

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Finished A Plague's Tale: Innocence this week, which was ok. I like everything about the game except the gameplay, it is a chore to play due to sneaking/crappy combat, but the presentation/production is amazing.

Started to play Vampire Survivors immediately, and it is very addictive. I highly recommend this.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
TMNT Shredder's Revenge on switch.
It's somewhat repetitive but still fun and the nostalgia hit keeps it going.
I'm definitely liking it more than SOR 4.

Also a little Ultra Street Fighter II Final Challengers.
Feels like they redid the AI on this one, I don't remember the game being this easy.

Picked up Syberia from Steam for like $1.30 last week or so.
About 6-8 hours into it.
I remember when this game came out back in the early '00s and wanting to play it but never bought it for some reason.
As a long time fan of the point and click adventure game I missed out.

Maniac Mansion & Day of the Tentacle fans represent!

Of course still plugging the random E-pinball when find an empty moment.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Tiny Tina’s Wonderland - Not enjoying this as much as I thought I would but when the humor is good it’s really good. An interesting spin on the franchise and there is a lot to like. Not really sure what it is I’m not caring for. I’m playing through the game with a friend.

Hitman Trilogy - dove deep in to the game about 6 months ago but burnt myself out. Currently running through Hitman 2 and really enjoying it again. Just great satire and deeply cynical of human behavior without being too over the top. I don’t go too crazy on all the challenges. I play through each story missions and then usually just try to get 20/20 mastery on each map. This game really is a masterpiece.

On the multiplayer front been doing some Overwatch 2 and now Warzone 2.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS5
Horizon Forbidden West - fun game and easy to get lost in the open world just figuring out what's around the next corner. There's some jank, and the controls can be somewhat finicky but overall I'm enjoying it.

Switch
Dark Souls - making an Unga Bunga strength build and fighting Great Wolf Sen.

PS2
.hack infection - this feels like a PS2 game for sure. Interesting premise, just haven't gotten to play much beyond the intro because of travel

HellioN

20 Year Member
Finished Syberia.
Still playing Shredder's Revenge.
Found a copy of dos SimCity and played that for several hours.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
DarkTide
Officially launched this week, but I would still call it Early Access by steam standards. I was a huge fan of Vermintide, so this was very exciting news. So far I think I prefer the level design and feel of Vermintide, but I'm excited to see where this goes. Soundtrack is also amazing, so I have that on order.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC

Melty Blood: Type Lumina
Final Fantasy I - pixel remaster
Persona 5

I just ordered a Steam Deck. Super excited!!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

KOF XV- It plays great, looks bad and the new music is terrible. It's not on the same level as the newest Sam Sho but it's not bad.

Still plugging away at Bloodborne as well, took a break for awhile so as not to get burned out.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Looks bad; however, it’s leagues above 14. Wish they could get their shit together…SamSho 2019 really gave me hope the winds were blowing in the right direction.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Live-A-Live
Finished all the character stories and am now doing the final chapter with ninja, shifu, Sundown, and Pogo.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: Nioh 2
Almost done with this, only two optional missions left in the First Samurai DLC, both being bullshit endurance ones. All in all, great game, the art direction and style is kind of basic but the gameplay is solid and a lot of fun. It does suffer from the Japanese disease of overt micromanagement via the smithing etc.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Live-A-Live
Finished all the character stories and am now doing the final chapter with ninja, shifu, Sundown, and Pogo.
Is this in the top three of best SNES rpgs?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Is this in the top three of best SNES rpgs?
No, definitely not. It's unique and worth playing, but it's not up there with the FFs and DQs. It's kinda self aware and doesn't take itself too seriously, which I like a lot. But since it's a bunch of short stories, it doesn't really have time to build up to big moments.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Switch
Mega Man Legacy Collection,just finshed mm4 despite it having input lag now i'm playing mm5.Once i finish the first mega man collection it's off to elden ring asap.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS5
Horizon Forbidden West - we decided to narrow down what exactly we were going to focus on with this game, since it's insanely easy to have ADD and try to get a ton of stuff that ultimately means nothing for progress. I'm enjoying it a lot, but after playing through Bloodborne twice in a row for the platinum, i would rather just play a short game.

Switch
Dark Souls - just beat Ornstein and Smough, off to Ash Lake.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Switch
Mega Man Legacy Collection,just finshed mm4 despite it having input lag now i'm playing mm5.Once i finish the first mega man collection it's off to elden ring asap.
Man I hated 4 for a long time. Now I kinda like it. Go figure.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Man I hated 4 for a long time. Now I kinda like it. Go figure.
I'm kind of mixed on part four not the worst but towards the end it drag a little to long.Still this month is mega man 35th anniversary i wonder if capcom will have anything too announce.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
PS4

Castlevania Requiem - Playing through SotN... Shame they decided to use to voice actors/dialog from the PSP version. Plus this game has the worst implementation of rumble of any game I've ever played. I had to go into the PS4's system settings and shut it the fuck off. Also the game crashed randomly as I was playing. Not a great port, people should probably avoid it.
Soul Caliber VI - Saw this on sale and thought 'Oh, what the hell.' So far, so good.

SNES

Tetris & Dr. Mario - Just a few games of Tetris here and there.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - RE 0 never played this before. seems cool.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Smitch
Live-A-Live: Beat the game with the incomplete ending and good ending by just reloading the game before the final boss dungeon. After that, you can play through one more scenario where you're at the end of the game but as the antagonist, which was super cool. I definitely recommend it if you like 16-bit Square stuff.

Sayonara Wild Hearts: Played through each level and got bronze on most, silver on a handful, and a few golds. I really like the character designs, but in a lot of sections it's just too fast to know what you're doing and try to get a huge score.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
PS4=
Trackmainia Turbo. Holy late to the party, Batman! A fun splice of Daytona USA, and slot car racing. @ratson …you might really dig this.

Great sense of speed, smooth control, can’t find a fault with this one.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4
More RE0, now at the training center/Spencer mansion 2.0, the item management is a bit of a chore, also the fact that you can only place four items in one room, lugging the shotguns and grenade launcher around becomes irritating.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch
Legend of Heroes Trails from Zero - beat it finally and enjoyed the combat and very serious story.

Dragon Quest Treasures - an ARPG featuring Erik from 11. It's growing on me. I normally don't like DQ spin-offs.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Series X
Indivisible - I see the appeal but it's not clicking with me so far.
Call of Cthulhu

2DS
New Super Mario Brothers 2 - for like 5 min

Last edited: