Weekly Roundup

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS5
Crisis Core Rebirth - for better or worse, really sticks with the structure of the PSP version. Combat is fairly simple, the DMW system is toned down a bit. Feels really easy but Zach is still an engaging character

GB
Link's Awakening - wanted to play a quick game because I'm burned out by Horizon and Bloodborne. Onwards to temple 3.

PS4
Tengoku - playing for SOTM when i can

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4
Elden Ring-- First impression is that it lives up to the hype.

Misc. Arcade
Real Bout 2
SSVP
Last Blade 2
Dai Ou Jou BL
Muchi Muchi Pork
Akai Katana

Pinball
Judge Dredd
Stranger Things
BS Dracula

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS5
Crisis Core Rebirth - right before getting to the Nibelheim mission.

GB
Link's Awakening DX - beat this one, still a tight experience and good for a pallette cleanser.

GBA
Klonoa Empire of Dreams - fun puzzle platformer, my first klonoa game and I'm a fan.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Switch - Still TMNT - SR
Series X - More Call of Cthulhu
Steam - the OG Goat Simulator plus all the expansions/DLC went on sale for about $5.
So I bought it and proceeded to play for the next 5 1/2 hours.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - Resident Evil 2 (Leon)
Just got to the garage, meeting the licker for the first time was pretty cool, definite Alien Isolation feeling walking around on tiptoe so it doesn't hear me.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
About to go through the first 3 Gears of Wars on 360. I love these but burnt myself out playing them so much. Haven't played since 2013 since beating 3 on insane I think that's what burnt me out was the last boss. I still love the first one the best.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Go Go Match, a marine-themed Candy Crush clone in AliExpress' app. You can win coins, for discounts on real world item purchases (which only amounts to 1-5% off), but, I already have thousands of said coins that I'll never use up anyway, no matter how much shit I buy, so, it doesn't matter.

Screenshot_20230109-221618-216.png

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Atari 50 on Switch.

*jeebus* the Jag games are horrid. Atari Karts looking like a half finished GBA game.
Was expecting Race/Hard Drivin’ esque fun w/ Club Drive…looooooool, nope. Cybermorph was worse than I remembered.

Any hope of a palate cleanser, w/ some Atari 400 River Raid or Zaxxon, was dashed as there are NO Atari 400 games.

What a waste of my night, this steaming pile of a comp.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Atari 50 on Switch.

*jeebus* the Jag games are horrid. Atari Karts looking like a half finished GBA game.
Was expecting Race/Hard Drivin’ esque fun w/ Club Drive…looooooool, nope. Cybermorph was worse than I remembered.

Any hope of a palate cleanser, w/ some Atari 400 River Raid or Zaxxon, was dashed as there are NO Atari 400 games.

What a waste of my night, this steaming pile of a comp.
Just play Tempest 2000. That's the only good Jag game on the compilation and one of the only good Jag games, period.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Joe & Mac - SNES. I rented this game as a kid a few times and loved it. It's a Data East classic. It's a very upbeat and blue skies game. The audio is still great. I think this might have been the first time I beat this, maybe? It's a lot easier than I remember it being. Also, the SNES version is the definitive version, better than the arcade. I wouldn't have minded if the game was longer, sad it had to end.

Sonic Blast Man - SNES. Just like Joe & Mac, I rented this a few times in the early 90s and really liked it. Coming back to it now, it's easy to see how basic it is. But the little flourishes of how the guy is like a comic book superhero helps it out. Putting in the arcade game in between the levels was great.

Sonic Blast Man 2 - first time playing this. I had heard how it's better than the first, and I can see how they fixed the complaints of the first - it's faster and easier, as well as adding two more characters. But the sprites are smaller and the graphics look worse. I prefer the first over this.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Battle Flip Shot.
Does Pong, better than Pong. New favorite go-to for the kids on the Neo 25.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - Resident Evil 2 (Leon)
Still this, now at the point where I need to use the crane to smash the mutated scientist with the crate, really tedious boss fight :E

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS5
Crisis Core - beat this one, many tears were shed by my wife

Xbox One
Halo MCC - Halo CE - co-op playthrough with the wife, we've only played reach together so it will be interesting for her to see the main series.

SNES
Final Fantasy V - just for Ifrit and a fire ship, going to crescent Island

Switch
Gunbird 2 - SOTM

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Elden Ring- About 30 hours in and while It's really good I think I like Bloodborne more. This feels kind of sloppy, like it's too big and unfocused. Lacks the tightness of their more linear games. Still an exceptional game.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Sega Genesis Mini II
Shining Force CD-this game is on my bucket list i never completed it when i had a original copy so now is the time.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’ve been playing Retrobowl on the Switch whenever I want to play a game. It’s like Tecmo Bowl without playing defense (Although you do pick defensive players for your roster).

I did pick up some shooters as well that were on sale last week (Moon Dancer, Missile Dancer, Raging Blasters), but I haven’t put too much time into them but Raging Blasters played like a Star Soldier PCE Game which I like so far.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Colecovision

Robotron - A new release that wasn't tested properly and has a few bugs. I mentioned it on Facebook and the guy who did the port reached out to me so I'm helping to test new revisions.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Shredder's Revenge, I just passed the 11th stage of the story mode. Just want to unlock Casey.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
SNES
Super Bomberman
Final Fantasy V - no progress, just grinding out job points

Switch
Gunbird 2 - I suck at this game

GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - another playthrough of this one, haven't played it in 10+ years.

Xbox One
Halo CE - on mission "Keyes". Fuck the library.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
XBOX

-Wreckless, the Yakuza Missions

Part of my quest to find good XBOX games other than JSRF and Orta.