Weird Accessories And Hardware.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I don't know why but I absolutely love weird and strange accessories for consoles. Every thing from R.O.B. to bizarre Stuff like the Dreamcast Zip Drive and 64 DD. Do you have any weird accessories and what is your favorite/ holy grail?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
To me the Capcom CPS Changer (basically their take on the Neo Geo as it was CPS-1 based hardware for the home) is up there in regards to obscure gaming odities.

I cansafely say that the Virtual Boy & Vectrex were more mainsteam oddities that we were fortunate enough to see as regular consumer releases.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I own one of those, along with 7 out of the 10 games for it.

Because I'm a masochist.

I used to own a 64DD, like new condition CIB Randnet starter kit with about half of the games released on it. I traded up for it, and only had $125 cash value into it. I ended up selling the bundle for a price I couldn’t refuse at the time.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
My friend got a 64DD at the annual Nintendo garage sale for employees. He's had it in storage for years. I told him that a US prototype was found, so he said he'd check it out but he never followed up. I'm curious about if it's JP or not.

I have a Dreamcast DreamEye that I found in the wild, but that's about it. I'd like to get the DC karaoke unit and a Satellaview just for fun.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Neither rare nor weird, but I think the Super Game Boy is one of best accessories ever created for a console.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have some weird platforms:
Vectrex
Virtual Boy
Pokemon Mini
N-Gage QD
CD-i
3DO
Jaguar CD
Atari XEGS
Wonderswan Color
Watara Supervision
TurboExpress
Nomad
32X
Odyssey 2
Intellivision
Coleco Vision

Along with all the more common Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Neo Geo, NEC, and Atari systems minus the PS5 and Xbox series.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Neither rare nor weird, but I think the Super Game Boy is one of best accessories ever created for a console.

Yeah...the GBA player for the GameCube was also awesome. To this day, I think the GBA is one of my favorite gaming systems, there were some seriously awesome titles made for it.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Not weird, but the Steel Battalion controller is an absolute beast and costed as much as the system at release ($200 msrp, same as og Xbox at the time).

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The Go controller for a train simulator for the Sega Saturn.

The FDD for the Saturn too. Deza 2 is the only game that utilizes it but you're able to save all your game saves with it. Like gamesharks and action replay saves, you have to transfer the saves to the Saturn before loading a game.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
There are some inflatable controllers for the Famicom.

Top Rider: There's a mechanism where if you lift the bike you'll do a wheelie on screen.

14-Famicom-Top-Rider-Xtreme-Retro.png

Exciting Boxing: Never saw one of these until today. . . looked it up because of this thread. It would make an absurd decoration for a game room:

13-Famicom-Exciting-Boxing-Xtreme-Retro.png

There's one on ebay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exciting-b...245826?hash=item4b800347c2:g:r5cAAOSwNYtcCLu9

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The power glove.

Now you're playing with power.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
PS1 and PS2 are really the only consoles I still collect stuff for, so I don't have too much strange game stuff. Though one of the coolest accessories I have for the PS2 is a Game Elements Integrated Command Center.

Here is a not mine pictures of one.

41IQWBJxf0L.jpg

I think it is pretty cool. It is a 4 player multi-tap with, acts as an AV/s-video switch and comes with a DVD universal remote. Also has all the DVD command buttons on it. Has some other cool stuff it can do.

Kind of makes the PS2 feel bigger and more chunky for people who like that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wish we’d see more custom controllers.

The know the industry probably soured on them with the advent of waggle...err “motion” controls during the Wii era and the simultaneous subsequent glut of cheap plastic guitars when the Rhythm genre bubble burst.

Steel Battalion was epic though, damn.

I guess the driving game market still has good setups.

If I’m not mistaken one of the Forza games supported three screens but you need three xboxes linked together and three copies of the game.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I used to have the PS2 Japan only Space invaders Anniversary set. It came with a cocktail cab replica controller that the Dual Shock 2 sat in. It's didn't work very well but it was pretty cool anyways.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Oh, I do have one weird ass accessory. I have the TV Link for the Watara Supervision. Seems to be constructed of mostly hot glue but it works. It inverts the colors on your screen (they all do that, it's not like mine is broken or from the wrong region or anything) so most games are unplayable anyway. Not that they're playable on the blur-o-vision screen on the handheld in the first place. Definitely the shittiest console I own.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Oh, I do have one weird ass accessory. I have the TV Link for the Watara Supervision. Seems to be constructed of mostly hot glue but it works. It inverts the colors on your screen (they all do that, it's not like mine is broken or from the wrong region or anything) so most games are unplayable anyway. Not that they're playable on the blur-o-vision screen on the handheld in the first place. Definitely the shittiest console I own.

I have a Supervision. It's been broken for almost as long as I've owned it. I like it nearly the same broken as working.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
No mention of the Gameboy Color sewing machine?

Even better, the Rez vibrator:

81f244a2bf882a29a32493c8e2496064.jpg

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The new Mega Man and Street Fighter Pocket Operators.

Those are cool.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I snagged a NOS N64DD last year. Got a DC keyboard for Typing Of The Dead. DC fishing rod for Sega Bass/Marine Fishing. Kinda feel like the DC has a lot of specialty accessories...

Still wanna grab a Steel Battalion setup at some point.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I have a lot of these everyone’s listing lol. Virtual boy, power gloves, steel battalion.

I would love a CPS Changer

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The Wii U

Admittedly, I had a bunch but sold them off because they were never used. RE chainsaw controller, ROB, and. Dragon Quest slime controller for PS2.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk