Weird Accessories And Hardware.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Anyone here ever have the Namco JogCon or NegCon? I used to have both of them CIB, and man, they were trippy to use with Ridge Racer 4.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Anyone here ever have the Namco JogCon or NegCon? I used to have both of them CIB, and man, they were trippy to use with Ridge Racer 4.

I might still have a JogCon. Never grabbed a NegCon though. Didn't ever use the JogCon much.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I snagged a NOS N64DD last year. Got a DC keyboard for Typing Of The Dead. DC fishing rod for Sega Bass/Marine Fishing. Kinda feel like the DC has a lot of specialty accessories...

Still wanna grab a Steel Battalion setup at some point.

In some ways, the Dreamcast was a proto-Wii. It was white, had a ton of weird accessories and for a short while at least, reinvigorated Sega.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I had a DBZ datach famicom card game thing, lol. It looks like this:

s-l400.jpg

I always liked the weird adapters that were on lik-sang.com back in the days, like the n64 tristar adapter.

s-l300.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Damn, $899 for the only one on Ebay. At least it's new.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I had the U-Force for my NES. That was probably the weirdest accessory I owned. We got it cheap when they had a stack of them at KB toys on clearance.
We had some fun with it, but only because it was ridiculous. We set up our own challenges like how far could we get in Mario or Contra with this giant IR sensor pad.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
This thread has absolutely not disappointed.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Jog con and twist con for ridge racing...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Rez trance vibrator on the Dreamcast was definitely the weirdest for me.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The Rez trance vibrator on the Dreamcast was definitely the weirdest for me.

You always gotta wonder...If I buy this used....Was it cleaned??

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
You have to wonder what was the intended purpose if not for ....that

Don't know if this is true but apparently it was meant for your girlfriend to sit on so she is entertained while you play.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah...the GBA player for the GameCube was also awesome. To this day, I think the GBA is one of my favorite gaming systems, there were some seriously awesome titles made for it.

sucks that the gameboy player doesn't offer the Super Game Boy enhancements for those games though (Donkey Kong, Kirby 2 etc.)

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
sucks that the gameboy player doesn't offer the Super Game Boy enhancements for those games though (Donkey Kong, Kirby 2 etc.)

Yeah it's weird they left that out. That's why I have both Super Gameboys. Especially for Mega Man V

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah it's weird they left that out. That's why I have both Super Gameboys. Especially for Mega Man V

it's because the SGB uses the SNES hardware to display the border and the other enhancements such as the sound, and the Player just doesn't emulate those parts. neither do most emulators except higan.
I actually prefer the first SGB due to its slightly faster speed (and nicer borders), they corrected that on the SGB2.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
it's because the SGB uses the SNES hardware to display the border and the other enhancements such as the sound, and the Player just doesn't emulate those parts. neither do most emulators except higan.
I actually prefer the first SGB due to its slightly faster speed (and nicer borders), they corrected that on the SGB2.

I'd actually have to agree with you there. The original is indeed a bit better. And definitely has a much better border set. I've still got the SGB book Nintendo sent out to Nintendo Power subs. I really enjoy being able to change the color palate in different areas of Metroid 2. It was packed with palate codes for different games. It's also really fun to experiment with different colors yourself and see what you can come up with. When I first got my Gameboy Player I was really disappointed that all those features were not present and everything was one dull color scheme that could never be changed. And as I remember some people showed of some incredible Borders in Nintendo Power. I mean they went all out and could never be saved. So if you did not take a photo you're sol.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
yeah I still got the booklet that came with my SGB, I think it's the same thing (if you mean the yellow one). Some of those color examples are pretty wack.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
yeah I still got the booklet that came with my SGB, I think it's the same thing (if you mean the yellow one). Some of those color examples are pretty wack.

Some are bonkers. There is some really good ones for Super Mario Land and Metroid II.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
I don’t have much, but my favorite weird peripheral that i own would be the Famicom 3D glasses. You can still get them NIB for under $100. I’d like to get all the games for it one of these days. Top 3 I’d like to get would be the Power Glove, Virtual Boy, and a Panasonic Q.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I don’t have much, but my favorite weird peripheral that i own would be the Famicom 3D glasses. You can still get them NIB for under $100. I’d like to get all the games for it one of these days. Top 3 I’d like to get would be the Power Glove, Virtual Boy, and a Panasonic Q.

Oh man, I forgot about the 3D glasses that the Famicom and Master System had. I have a set of Master System 3D glasses but as usual one side has broken off.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've got one! SNKnostaligia sent me one when I had a hand injury awhile back! It works great. I even played through Resident Evil With it!