Whac-A-Mole Machines Sabotaged with a "virus”

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Reports say Wimberly actually told two people at the company he'd done it, but it took months of technical work to prove. And, police believe, he even had a website, bobsupgrades.com, as a possible way to make more money fixing the problem he's accused of creating.

Dumbass would be raking in the dough right now had he kept his mouth shut.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Like that police guy said in the "Don't talk to the police" thread, people like to talk. What a dumbass.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Microsoft gets away with RROD, but this guy goes to jail. Double standards?

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
"...AND HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO; IF IT WEREN'T FOR THOSE MEDDLESOME KIDS AND THAT STUPID DOG!"

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
That's complete bullshit... I hope the guy does go to jail. You know, if you're not happy with your job, get another. What type of person sets out to sabotage the company so he can stick around? Isn't that a bit counterproductive? I've worked with people that do stuff similar. Not flat out write to fail, but make things overly complex so they're the only ones that understand it. They're told to knock that shit off, they usually make a stink about how their way is best, then they're let go for being the shit employees they are. Anyway...

PS: I also thought this was going to be more of a real virus, as in you whacked it and it sprayed a viral solution into the air. See what this whole terror-administration has done to me ;)

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Video game related news ftw!

Marvin Wimberly! hahaha what an awesome villainous name.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
That's complete bullshit... I hope the guy does go to jail. You know, if you're not happy with your job, get another. What type of person sets out to sabotage the company so he can stick around? Isn't that a bit counterproductive? I've worked with people that do stuff similar. Not flat out write to fail, but make things overly complex so they're the only ones that understand it. They're told to knock that shit off, they usually make a stink about how their way is best, then they're let go for being the shit employees they are. Anyway...

PS: I also thought this was going to be more of a real virus, as in you whacked it and it sprayed a viral solution into the air. See what this whole terror-administration has done to me ;)

They're the only company that makes these things anymore and he was the only one that knew how to program them, so I can see where the desire for job security came in.

Still, all I can think of is this:

nedry.jpg

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
They're the only company that makes these things anymore and he was the only one that knew how to program them, so I can see where the desire for job security came in.

nedry.jpg

Wayne, if they're the only company that makes these things, and he the only programmer working on them... wouldn't that already imply he had job security? I think this guy is just a dick trying to make himself look like a smarter programmer than he actually is. Then again, if he wrote the shitty code that broke, it makes him look like an idiot to start with. Also, I doubt whack-a-mole logic is that hard to duplicate/maintain/re-write. I'm big on peer review for code changes, though, so this would have probably been caught as soon as he checked the source in... What? They don't have source management? It's all on a flash drive in this guy's desk? Anyway... dot dot dot.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Glad the company I work for or the one I do business with don't carry Whac-A-Mole or any of Bob's Space Racer games.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper

nedry.jpg

If you read the book, InGen really fucked Nedry over. He's actually a sympathetic character who got into bad situation where he was in over his head, unlike the stupid, clumsy, fat-fuck that he was in the movie. InGen management were a bunch of criminal scumbags (especially Hammond).

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
If you read the book, InGen really fucked Nedry over. He's actually a sympathetic character who got into bad situation where he was in over his head, unlike the stupid, clumsy, fat-fuck that he was in the movie. InGen management were a bunch of criminal scumbags (especially Hammond).

Yes and in Congo the main character was a badass corporate spy, crash landing a plane and tearing ass through the jungle to get to this treasure.

That's neither here nor there.

Nick: Yeah that is apparently how they had the operation set up. Cant be a lot of demand for whack a mole nowadays. Its like how theres only one pinball company left really.