What anime are you watching?

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
It gets better. Though I watched the anime and then read the manga.

Watching Durarara now whenever I can sneak it.

Durarara is an interesting one, all those dengeki bunko (or however you spell it) shows seem to be worth checking out and hilariously they all reference Dengeki Bunko in some way or another with characters actually reading the light novels their show is based on

Sucks Black Bullet probably won't be getting another season

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Finally got to watch Evangelion 3.33 last night. Not as horrible as people make it out to be, but it is a big weird jump from 2.22. Little disappointing after how awesome 2.22 was, oh well, 10 yr wait for final now.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I enjoy watching Durarara haven't watched it that much but will when I get the chance.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
I watched Macross: Do You Remember Love. It was absolutely fantastic. Anyone else here big fans of macross? It was the first mecha show I ever could get into.

I've actually only seen that movie of actual Macross anime.

I have seen a lot of Robotech which was made from hacked up pieces of Macross.

Anyway, the movie is a great encapsulation of 80s aesthetics, music and what the future would bring. It's well worth watching.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I started watching Hai to Gensou no Grimgar (Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash) because of the watercolour background work and Mieko Hosoi's fantastic character design, but I stay because it's deeper than any other fantasy "trapped in an MMO" type I've seen and focuses heavily on character development and the realistic hardships people would face being thrown into that kind of situation where you have to completely fend for yourself in a hostile and alien land. It's a slow burn, but the payoff so far is worth it.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Has anyone seen Macross flashback 2012 flick is it worth getting? I would like to know thank you.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Macross is always worth getting. Watched some konosuba last night, that show is pretty funny.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
working through some backlog watching.

I just realized Hulu had Psycho Pass 2. Something about it just isn't quite up to the level season 1 was at, but it's been great so far nonetheless, I'm halfway through, and I am indeed hooked.

The Devil is a part timer is also one of the funnier things I've seen lately. After I get through those two, I need to catch up on the current season of Durarara.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Has anyone been watching Dimension W? The plot description seems very intriguing, but I'm not sure I have the time to start watching another series on top of Durarara & MSG Iron Blooded Orphans

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Has anyone been watching Dimension W? The plot description seems very intriguing, but I'm not sure I have the time to start watching another series on top of Durarara & MSG Iron Blooded Orphans
Dimension W made its Toonami debut this past weekend. Looks interesting enough to see how it plays out the next few episodes.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I was looking for shit to watch and settled on the pso2 anime. Its actually better than that adterisk war turd from last season.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
sweet! Just saw a trailer for Terraformars season 2, it's going to be called Terraformars: Revenge, I'd post the trailer but I'm on my phone and linking stuff is a nightmare

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i know it's not anime, but i just started watching the teenage mutant ninja turtles second animated series (2003?009) because i recently found out that it was highly inspired by the original comic series which i'm a big fan of. finished watching the third episode and so far, it reminds me of the 80's show more than the comics, but i see the inspiration from the comics in the story continuity. i'm enjoying it so far, hope it holds my interest for a while.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Space Adventure Cobra

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Trying a few of the Winter 2016 shows.

KonoSuba (Kono Subarashi Seikai ni Shukufuku wo!) is an amusing fantasy/comedy about a loser who dies and, rather than go to heaven, he chooses to become part of a MMO-ish fantasy world and drags the mildly annoying goddess who greets him in the afterlife with him much to her chagrin. A lot of jokes about how RPGs work (fetch quests, killing 5 animal quests, etc.) and is genuinely funny at times.

Ajin is an interesting concept (kid discovers he's unkillable which immediately makes him the target of governments around the world) but the animation style is this odd cel-shaded 3D look that is disconcerting. Doubt I'll continue with it.

Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) is an odd story that reminds me a lot of anime from the 90s. No maids or magical girls... just an interesting idea told from a different perspective. A guy can rewind time to fix problems but he has no control over it. When a major thing goes wrong in his life, he gets rewound 18 years to when he was a kid and he has to figure out what to change about his life and the past that would prevent the very bad thing from happening.

Oh... also started watching One Punch Man. That show is absolutely ridiculous. The dude looks like the bizarro love child of Charlie Brown and Caillou. And I kinda like it.

Last edited:

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I just picked up Ghost in the Shell 25th anniversary edition on blu-ray and popped it in to make sure it worked tonight. I was going to check out a featurette in the bonus features or something, but it turns out there are no bonus features at all. Anyway, I watched a few minutes of the movie itself, skipped here and there, and there's a black border around all sides of the screen. It's letterboxed and pillarboxed, it seems. Am I the only one to notice this?

I have overscan disabled on my TV, and I've never had this happen before, except for unfortunately formatted SD channels on cable. Sure, I see the garbage data on the bottom of the screen in old SD shows these days, but this blu-ray looks like it was designed with overscan in mind.

I don't know. Should I turn overscan back on my TV just for this one movie? Is it optimized for overscan? Can you even optimize for overscan at all? The pixels would still be out of whack if overscan was on. This is strange.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
It's windowboxed. Nothing to do about it except maybe turn on overscan. I have the Japanese Blu-ray and it's the same thing there.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Durarara is an interesting one, all those dengeki bunko (or however you spell it) shows seem to be worth checking out and hilariously they all reference Dengeki Bunko in some way or another with characters actually reading the light novels their show is based on

Sucks Black Bullet probably won't be getting another season

Fighting Climax is a really funny 2D fighter.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I hope there'll soon be a Taiwanese or Hong Kong release with "Japanese" video quality and English subs of that one.