What anime are you watching?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Cowboy Bebop
I'm watching Akira tonight.
I have no idea why I don't have Akira on DVD or VHS. I'll need to pick up a copy someday, library might have it.

Lately I've been watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress as well. It's a fun anime that's available on Amazon Prime. I'm always looking for new (to me) anime on Amazon Prime or hoopla. I plan on seeing the Utena movie next.

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I recently picked up The Slayers box set, and have been watching through that.
been years since I first saw that on a bootleg VCD from Chinatown.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Got these to watch over the next few weeks/months.
They all come highly recommended.
Any of you fella's seen any of these, to give me a few pointers.
Future diary.
Another.
Deadman wonderland.
Hellgirl.
Paranoia agent.
I started watching deadman wonderland last night, it's mental, but in a good way lol.

Future Diary - Skip
Another - Awesome
Deadman Wonderland - Decent ( Funimation fucked up the localization of the dub though... Some parts are cringe worthy )
Hellgirl - Never seen it
Paranoia Agent - Never seen it.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Just finished Zero no Tsukaima F. The whole series was silly and fanservicey but I enjoyed it.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Future Diary - Skip
Another - Awesome
Deadman Wonderland - Decent ( Funimation fucked up the localization of the dub though... Some parts are cringe worthy )
Hellgirl - Never seen it
Cool Niko49, i'll finish watching deadman wonderland and i'll go with Another next.
Thank's for the feedback.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
raoh the conqueror!!!!!

i'm watching fist of the north star: the rise of the dark king. only a few episodes in and i'm loving it. if your looking for an anime where the bad guy is the protagonist, then this is it. it shows the rise of raoh and how he came into power. i love raoh's Portrayal in this, he's very generous and kind to his friends and a complete nightmare to his enemies. there's one scene where he tells his friends to call him by his name and not call him king when they're not in public, and even risks his life to save one of them when in trouble. he doesn't even care about wealth or power. he believes the only way the world would find peace is if it's united by one man who all evil fears. the only way to stop evil is by making evil fear you.

raoh is such a bad ass. quite easily my favourite hokuto no ken character. the action is fantastic and what you would expect from fist of the north star. raoh is soo powerful and demonstrates great power even more than ken could.

the animation is what i find a little week. probably my only complaint. it resembles a naruto more than fist of the north star. and some of the facial features could look very comedic. but over all i would give this series at least 7 out of ten.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
New season of Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans is out! Also, started Occultic;Nine

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Finished up the Monster manga a few months ago and am only just now starting on the anime, which is basically a scene for scene recreation, but it's fun revisiting a great story in animated form, also downloaded the Master Keaton anime and am hoping to watch it with my mom who likes mystery type shows

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Future Diary - Skip
Another - Awesome
Hellgirl - Never seen it

I disagree with your assertion that he should skip Future Diary, I had a lot of fun with that show though I'll admit it leans toward the melodramatic side of things. I liked the combination of a romance story within the confines of a death game story, but everyone else's mileage may vary. As for Paranoia agent, well that one is fucking great, a complete mindfuck on the level of something like Twin Peaks but with a good dose of anime weirdness. PA is far from the most cohesive story Satoshi Kon ever did, but it's still worth anyone who likes his movie work's time

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I have been watching Magi. Finished the first season then I watched the subbed adventures of sinbad. And now I am on season 2 about half way through. The series is pretty good, but may end up being drawn out, because I have no Idea where it is going.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge (4-part OVA). Really digging it so far. And seasonally appropriate. Shame the TV series was crap.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge (4-part OVA). Really digging it so far. And seasonally appropriate. Shame the TV series was crap.
I remember seeing the OVA a long time back and thinking it was decent. I saw the TV series back then as well with some friends in the room who were demanding 20 minutes of their lives back after just 1 episode. Edit: I just remember, that TV series had the line (paraphrase) "Morrigan's a what? A succubus? You bet she does!"

What I'm watching lately:
Heroic Legend of Arslan (remake) - Not terrific, but not as bad as I'd heard, definitely watchable.
Yu Yu Hakusho - Decent retro shonen. Not top shelf stuff, but it could hold its own with anything on afternoon tv back in the day. Supposedly it really picks up around episode 40, but I haven't gotten that far, only 20-ish episodes in.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I remember seeing the OVA a long time back and thinking it was decent. I saw the TV series back then as well with some friends in the room who were demanding 20 minutes of their lives back after just 1 episode. Edit: I just remember, that TV series had the line (paraphrase) "Morrigan's a what? A succubus? You bet she does!"

What I'm watching lately:
Heroic Legend of Arslan (remake) - Not terrific, but not as bad as I'd heard, definitely watchable.
Yu Yu Hakusho - Decent retro shonen. Not top shelf stuff, but it could hold its own with anything on afternoon tv back in the day. Supposedly it really picks up around episode 40, but I haven't gotten that far, only 20-ish episodes in.

Yuyu hakusho is great up until the dark tournament. After that the series geta weird and dragged out.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
The only anime I've been keeping up with is JoJo and even that has been hit and miss.

Anime in general just has horrendous pacing problems. I usually stick to 70-90's OVA's and movies these days since they don't have as bad of pacing problems.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I lucked out and got Bubblegum Crisis on ld. Watched the first ep and have that hurricane song stuck in my head.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
One Punch Man. Got me back into Adult Swim!

One Punch Man is a lot of fun, I'd been aware of it since the webcomic originally went viral but didn't get into the anime for the longest time due to the huge fandom that sprang up, but I'm glad I eventually jumped in. Definitely worth it

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yuyu hakusho is great up until the dark tournament. After that the series geta weird and dragged out.

lol dafuq. dark tournament was top. it was the next saga after that where humans with lame powers suddenly got as strong to fight as top level demons.and then toguro's only a B-class demon?fucking gay

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
lol dafuq. dark tournament was top. it was the next saga after that where humans with lame powers suddenly got as strong to fight as top level demons.and then toguro's only a B-class demon?fucking gay

Thats what I mean dark tournament then crap. Rest of the show is not even worth watching.