What anime are you watching?

fluxcore

Another Striker
Re:Zero is secret best anime of the season btw. If you like Steins;gate you'll probably like Re:Zero.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Haven't finished, I'm probably about 3 or 4 episodes in but I recently discovered One Punch Man. It's pretty funny.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
just finished watching when marnie was there. i don't really know what to think of it. it is one of the best ghibli movies i've seen in terms of atmosphere and animation. but most of the film suffers from over the top melodrama. people love each other to the death for no real good reason. and every ones crying and hugging each other while saying things like how they would rather die then live a life without one other in one scene, and in the next, it's like " oh so, what was your name again?". it was just way to inconsistent and the emotion put on screen was unnecessary . the worst ghibli film i've seen with the best animation. still worth watching purely for the animation and atmosphere.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I caught Marnie a few weeks ago. I agree it's not top-shelf Ghibli, but I thought it was a decent laid back flick. Not as good as Arrietty but in that league.

Some more recent views for me:
A Certain Magical Index - bad writing, barely watchable
A Certain Scientific Railgun - good to excellent in most parts. I'm surprised how many reviewers put Index over Railgun. Index is nowhere near it.
Psycho Pass movie - It's ok, but not what I would have expected. It doesn't really have the thriller-esque feel of the first season.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I'm only really watching Jojo.
I re-watched FMA Brotherhood while doing some data recovery work that took like a fucking week, so that was nice. I also got around to seeing Erased. That was great.

I've been hearing good good things about Re:Zero, might check that out as I loved Steins:Gate.

Anything else I missed this year that's worth watching?
Macross Delta any good?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I just subscribed to Crunchyroll for the new Berserk series, so I thought I should watch something else to get my moneys worth. I'd heard a lot about Jojo over the last few years so I've started watching that. I'm only 5 episodes in but so far I'm impressed. I was surprised by the amount of violence. I was expecting a typical Shonen anime like Naruto or One Piece, but straight away there is a lot of gore and violence. I think this could be a series I really get into.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I'm going to be watching The girl who leapt through time.

one of my favourite anime of all time. don't want to spoil it for you, so won't say much about it. but you won't be disappointed based on the animation alone. every anime fan must watch mamoru hosoda's movies. many see him as the next miyazaki as do i. be shore to watch his other movies, summer wars and the wolf children as well. the wolf children has to be one of my favourite movies of the past twenty years.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I have the full set of Mysterious Play (Fushigi Yuugi) on VHS and I finally got around to watching it. The intro song was a blast from the past.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
A made my boyfriend watch GoldenBoy tonight. It may be a little immature, but it's a classic.

If you like it, you like it. There's no shame in it.

As for me, I'm watching:

Berserk (of course)

I also tried watching Madan No Ou To Vanadis but three episodes in I decided it's a shit anime with terrible art and is yet another excuse for a shitty harem anime that skimps on budget in favor of boobs and moe retardation. Fuck this genre.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
If you like it, you like it. There's no shame in it.

As for me, I'm watching:

Berserk (of course)

I also tried watching Madan No Ou To Vanadis but three episodes in I decided it's a shit anime with terrible art and is yet another excuse for a shitty harem anime that skimps on budget in favor of boobs and moe retardation. Fuck this genre.

Wut, That anime has awesome artwork. I have to agree with it being "another shitty harem". But the characters are very well drawn, and very colourful.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Wut, That anime has awesome artwork. I have to agree with it being "another shitty harem". But the characters are very well drawn, and very colourful.

No.

It looks like shit.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Please explain to me how this animation looks like shit.

Spoiler:

vanadis-3-eps-rule-5.jpg

SallySubs-Madan-no-Ou-to-Vanadis-10-BD-720p-AAC-AEA60E86.mkv_snapshot_12.58_2015.12.19_03.00.13-1024x576.jpg

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Pretty much this whole season looks generic and dialed in. If it weren't for Berserk and Days (I'm a sucker for a good soccer show) so far, this season would be a write off for me. That said, I'm hopeful that 91 Days will be interesting (the prohibition era setting means I've got to check it out), and I'll at least give the first eps of Tenkyou no Alderamin and Mob Psycho 100 a shot since they're done by Madhouse and Bones respectively, but based on their synopses...ugh, I don't know...

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Really hoping Berserk is good but yeah, this season seems like a big passeroo for me as well.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I think that whatever visual shortcomings Berserk has for some because of the CGI, the story is working off the best blueprint in manga and I think we'll all be satisfied as fans by the end just for that reason.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Any recommendations for shows on Crunchyroll while I have the subscription (as long as Berserk is running)?

My favourites, to give you an idea of my taste, are Berserk, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, and also DBZ and Naruto. Apart from Berserk I usually like a bit of comedy in my anime.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Berserk and Jojo's is all I really watch these days.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I just finished with Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. It was incredibly cliched, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Got these to watch over the next few weeks/months.
They all come highly recommended.
Any of you fella's seen any of these, to give me a few pointers.
Future diary.
Another.
Deadman wonderland.
Hellgirl.
Paranoia agent.
I started watching deadman wonderland last night, it's mental, but in a good way lol.