What anime are you watching?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm a massive Patlabor fan and used to watch the VHS tapes. I got that bluray set too for like under $40 and it's fantastic. One of THE MOST UNDERRATED shows out there.
Very underrated series,don't see much talk of it these days.I don't know why i never bother picking it up in the 90's on vhs maybe due to price or some thing else.I'm just glad the whole series got a release again on bluray a more convenient way to watch it.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Yeah, Patlabor is awesome, one of my all-time favourite series. I imported the US Blu-ray boxset due to lack of UK release.

The Gunsmith Cats Blu-ray set from the Kickstarter arrived a couple of weeks ago, really need to sit down and watch it.

Wonder if there's one going around for Riding Bean at all? I keep hearing good things about it but I never got the chance to see that or Gunsmith.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Watched Stand Alone Complex seasons 1 and 2 again recently, also Solid State Society which I had not seen. I didn't even realise until last month that ARISE was a thing so that's my next thing to watch.

Other than that I watched Berserk (1997), Gunsmith Cats and currently going through the original BubbleGum Crisis series too. I've probably watched more anime in the last month than I have in the last 10 years.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Just finished catching up on the Fate series. Unlimited Bladeworks is fantastic, I cant believe I waited so long to watch it.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Right now I'm just waiting for more seasons of Saint Seiya. C'mon Netlfix, make it happen!!!

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
i'm excited to watch the Lion King remake.

I took my nephew to that, the animation was too realistic. the movie seemed more like a discovery channel special than a cartoon.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Started watching Rising of the Shield Hero, mostly because 'anime media' considers it, like Goblin Slayer, to be 'problematic'.

When media is attacking a piece of media for being too transgressive, it's probably doing something right. More to the point, these instances are where audiences SHOULD take the time to make up their own minds about it.

It definitely touches a raw nerve with the 'believe women' and 'metoo' types from the very first episode. Other...stuff happens later that can 'trigger' other 'social justice' concious individuals.

It's got my interest. Can't say if it's 'good' yet.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Started watching Rising of the Shield Hero, mostly because 'anime media' considers it, like Goblin Slayer, to be 'problematic'.

When media is attacking a piece of media for being too transgressive, it's probably doing something right. More to the point, these instances are where audiences SHOULD take the time to make up their own minds about it.

It definitely touches a raw nerve with the 'believe women' and 'metoo' types from the very first episode. Other...stuff happens later that can 'trigger' other 'social justice' concious individuals.

It's got my interest. Can't say if it's 'good' yet.

I really enjoyed shield hero..... that is, until they introduced Filo. After that the anime turned to shit.

tangemo

New Challenger
Started watching Konosuba and would definitely recommend to anyone that liked Devil is a Part-Timer. Similar sense of humor to me.

Also started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion again over the weekend and have been binging it pretty hard, really pulled me in.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Been happy to rewatch Ninja Scroll on BluRay. It's still amazing.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I decided to check out Kimetsu no Yaiba (aka Demon Slayer) and have not been disappointed at all. Great series so far :buttrock:

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I just started the 7 part OVA Gundam Unicorn from 2010.

Haven’t seen the newer one, or read the books.

Dude.

Hella people died in tear jerking ways, and I haven’t even seen an hours worth yet.

This has me catching War in the Pocket feelings.

I don’t often watch anime, that has crossed the ‘line in the sand.’

You know the line when you see it; jawns that look like they were colored on a tablet, as opposed to hand painted.

Not sure what year this became the norm, but aesthetically-it’s not for me.

I’m working past the visuals rubbing me the wrong way, and really enjoying the story/mech designs (LOOK MA, NO DISAPPEARING/REAPPEARING PARTS TO TRANSFORM), and music.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
*sorry for kcabback posts...

Both Goku: Midnight Eye OVAs are on Prime. That was a fun trip down memory lane!

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
*sorry for kcabback posts...

Both Goku: Midnight Eye OVAs are on Prime. That was a fun trip down memory lane!

Yeah I saw that the other day. The animation is great. I think Golgo 13 :The Professional is still on Prime too.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yeah I saw that the other day. The animation is great. I think Golgo 13 :The Professional is still on Prime too.

The one from ‘83?!

*goes and looks*

JACKPOT!

Thanks, man.

I’m getting all nostalgic. ‘Bout to bust out the Saint Seiya Beta tapes, and ARIEL LDs, lol.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Started watching Konosuba and would definitely recommend to anyone that liked Devil is a Part-Timer. Similar sense of humor to me.

Also started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion again over the weekend and have been binging it pretty hard, really pulled me in.

I saw the Konosuba movie in theatres, it's a great anime. I am gonna rewatch it when a bluray torrent drops.

I recommend Demon Slayer, they are going to have a movie as well.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
@ Taiso-
I used search fnxn; however, it’s not turning up anything.

I would love a link to your Gundam posts. I know we talked about it years ago...I feel like you dropped a lot of gems about Unicorn recently.

Please and thanks.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
@ Taiso-
I used search fnxn; however, it’s not turning up anything.

I would love a link to your Gundam posts. I know we talked about it years ago...I feel like you dropped a lot of gems about Unicorn recently.

Please and thanks.

Howdy friend, local Taiso curator here, enjoy these gems:

Taiso thoughts on Stardust Memory (personal favorite): http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?275594-Hamilton&p=4316365&viewfull=1#post4316365

Taiso reveals who is Gundam's greatest pilot and other stuff: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...The-Origin-I&p=3856175&viewfull=1#post3856175

Taiso thoughts on Unicorn: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...you-watching&p=3794477&viewfull=1#post3794477

Taiso thoughts on Char's Counterattack: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-you-think-)&p=4398552&viewfull=1#post4398552

Taiso secret wordpress with lots of older posts talking about Gundam: https://stillinthegameblog.wordpress.com/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand on that note I'm gonna creep on outta here.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Aaaaaaarrrrrroooooonnnnnn!

*in NBA Jam: HE’S ON FIRE voice*

thank you

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm turning my Origin analysis from my wordpress into a book, actually.

I need to revise some things and make some corrections. The reason I kind of 'gassed out' on it was because I got sick of rewatching the first episode of Origin over and over. But the problem is that first episode is so dense with context and nuance regarding the entirety of the Universal Century that it demands continual mining. I had to take a break.

The blog is on hiatus. It's one more thing I intend to revisit. I'm thinking about turning it into some kind of video thing. I also have a lot of Gundam content on my IG, but it's MOSTLY Gunpla reviews with suit lore. There's other stuff, as well. More rambly. I write better than I talk.

And thanks for linking all that stuff, 'sage. Much appreciated.

Last edited: