What anime are you watching?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
There’s a Lum remake? Gadzooks!
What your take on it, man? I totally missed this.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
There’s a Lum remake? Gadzooks!
What your take on it, man? I totally missed this.

If what he says is real, let’s please not ask for more details. I’ll be happy never learning about such a thing.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I just watched the first 4 episodes of Chainsaw Man and it is indeed pretty awesome. I like Power more than Denji though, she's insane.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Shinichiro Watanabe On Making ‘Cowboy Bebop’ And What He Thinks Of The Live-Action Adaptation

As for the idea behind the episode Toys in the Attic, that came from Minami’s refrigerator. This dates back to when I worked on Layzner. Minami was also a production manager, more senior to me. One day Minami asked me to help him move house, and when I got there his refrigerator was outside and he told me that it could never be opened. This was because he had left it unattended for too long and he had no idea what had happened to the food left inside. It was wrapped very securely with a lot of duct tape and we never opened it. So naturally, I always wondered what was going on inside it.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I’ve watched all of the Urusei Yatsura remake episodes so far and it is pretty solid. There are some elements that are not as funny as the original and some of the side characters like Megane are toned way down so far.

I don’t know if it will get renewed after the second season. I’m patiently waiting for the blu ray sets of the original 195 episode run to be released in the US which is supposed to be sometime this year.

BTW, the new opening and ending songs can’t hold a candle to the originals. I still listen to those bangers every once in a while.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Can't decide whether I watch the all-time classic Boku no Pico or Otoko no ko delivery tonight.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I never did watch Gunbuster. Always wanted to. That and Nadia.

The only anime I've watched in the past year was when I got a few liters in and put on some 1080p Yuyu Hakusho, and some DBZ.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Yeah. That “movie” is %100 worthless if you have the series. I’m not sure exactly why they made that useless thing.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Netflix going to do a live action~one piece .Probably going to flopped, some anime are just ment to be animated only Like DBZ !

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Yeah. That “movie” is %100 worthless if you have the series. I’m not sure exactly why they made that useless thing.
Yeah while the movie just compiles the ova you have scenes left out because of it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’ve been binge watching City Hunter TV.

1 & 2, are really something special. 3, seems off somehow. The fit and finish is vastly different in a way that is kinda off-putting.

Same director and voice actors as 1 & 2 so I’ll stick with it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Yeah while the movie just compiles the ova you have scenes left out because of it.

I can’t remember exactly how they did it but I’m pretty sure the entire first two episodes were cut. They start the movie version in space…so no school, no push-ups in RX-7s, no character development.

Of all the series to movie compilation conversions it was quite probably the worst.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Memories- Finally sat down and watched this all the way through, I had only seen chunks decades ago on I think the Sci-Fi channel. Anywho I thoroughly enjoyed it though it's quite uneven and I honestly think the segments should be in a completely different order. I'd order them Stink Bomb, Cannon Fodder and then Magnetic Rose. But whatever, they all had their positives and were different enough from each other and I appreciated the anthology format. They were all visual impressive and interesting, though they didn't really feel like they were made by separate people, all 3 were very Otomo. But that's alright. This is on Amazon Prime now so hopefully more people will give it a chance, everyone can use more Otomo.

Side note: There's no way Cannon Fodder wasn't the direct inspiration for Progear no Arashi.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dude I love Memories. So glad it exists. First saw it when I was in grade 6 or 7 I think. Too young to appreciate at that time but watched it again 2 or 3 years ago and loved it. Swear to God it feels like I live in the Cannon Fodder world sometimes, absolutely brilliant.

Honestly I'm a huge fan of anthology movies in general. Agreed with your order btw.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I am dumb late, but there's quite a bit of anime on Netflix. Decided to watch Cowboy Bebop for the first time to see why the live action pissed off so many people

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Cowboy Bebop is great but watching it at midnight when you're 14 is the definitive experience :cool:

I hated the movie though.