What arcade stick do you own?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
sample-1-800x486.jpg

I made more changes and did the shading. If you're interested in it shoot me a PM with your email and I'll get you the PDF file for printing.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I really liked the green liquid seeping through some of the bricks in AJ's original pic. Just my 2cents. :)

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Hey deception, i had a chance to look around alittle and was wondering if you could make these two image work with eachother

use this one as the main pic coming from the left side of the joystick , add the logo onto the right side underneath the buttons and be hopefully you can change "engergy" to "FKR" . I appreciate your time man, thanks
752aac4913f022dc29301958f8b11e5f.jpg

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ntain_Dew_Energy_.jpg/revision/20141102195540

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
My first, current, and only arcade stick is this piece of shit Hori EX2 for Xbox 360 that I bought like 8 years ago or something.

i3WgXUE.jpg

The terrible Hori buttons began to wear out after only a couple months of use, so I eventually replaced them with Seimitsus. Other than that, the thing has been working fine since. Although the actual stick portion itself could be better, it works well enough for me as it is. Perhaps some day when I'm not lazy, I'll give it a paint job and add some custom artwork to make it look less ugly.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
you can easily throw in a sanwa jlf or seimitsu ls56. You can also just throw in a new jlf spring, 2lb or 4lb and put some fresh grease on there.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
you can easily throw in a sanwa jlf or seimitsu ls56. You can also just throw in a new jlf spring, 2lb or 4lb and put some fresh grease on there.

I'll consider that once the stick starts failing, because that's what it would take to get me to touch the insides again.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I have too many fuckin' sticks to count. I really need to sell these fuckers off. I'll post pics over the weekend.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Yeah I won't buy sticks anymore. At this point you really only need two sticks and some multi console PCBs.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like having multiple sticks...however I like having the buttons needed, no 8 button BS. A 2 buttons, 3 buttons, 2 x 4 buttons, 5 buttons, 6 buttons. Maybe keep one 8 buttons for shits and giggles for Thunder Force V and Einhander, lol.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I like having multiple sticks...however I like having the buttons needed, no 8 button BS. A 2 buttons, 3 buttons, 2 x 4 buttons, 5 buttons, 6 buttons. Maybe keep one 8 buttons for shits and giggles for Thunder Force V and Einhander, lol.

Yeah I just don't see the need anymore. One six button stick per player is fine. The days of two sticks for every console.are long gone, and fuck all the space that shit takes up.

It's all about keeping it slim nowadays man.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah I just don't see the need anymore. One six button stick per player is fine. The days of two sticks for every console.are long gone, and fuck all the space that shit takes up.

It's all about keeping it slim nowadays man.
I'm more concerned about button layouts more than sticks per console. Eventually I wanna have multi console sticks with different buttons layouts. For me, one 6 button set up isn't enough, I need all of the layouts to play different games/systems. I know I'm pretty much alone on that one, most people are content with 8 buttons, to me it adds to the experience having legit hardware with legit button layouts. The NAC 1P 6 buttons layout is pretty handy though, my favorite for sure, it can do it all, I use it for different games as well, specially in the NAC so I know a 6 button layout can do it all, I just like having the Neo layout, the Tekken layout, the GG layout, the 3 buttons good old jamma layout. a 2 buttons layout as well.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'm more concerned about button layouts more than sticks per console. Eventually I wanna have multi console sticks with different buttons layouts. For me, one 6 button set up isn't enough, I need all of the layouts to play different games/systems. I know I'm pretty much alone on that one, most people are content with 8 buttons, to me it adds to the experience having legit hardware with legit button layouts. The NAC 1P 6 buttons layout is pretty handy though, my favorite for sure, it can do it all, I use it for different games as well, specially in the NAC so I know a 6 button layout can do it all, I just like having the Neo layout, the Tekken layout, the GG layout, the 3 buttons good old jamma layout. a 2 buttons layout as well.

I dunno. It's just like the rgb stuff. Eventually you spend so much time worrying about the picture that you don't play the game. I feel the same way about sticks. I don't need sticks with all these crazy button layout, a six button stick is what I grew up using..its all I'll need.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I havent used it yet, just got it today.

GKWNjzavBo7dLb9Afv1nMQEbmaplwLxrapEhpn2otR_YA-5ozLfu05hn0v9UDFzZspbn53OuvfU2E0cr6aIDm4YFa1cwh-dPT3b040OJ7owfiTSh6H-Yoyoomy2flRXqPyypQ1g7FG80D-VHwavABm49WovfvhaHX-RLUpTaXVpVxd2nqXXPlU2n4eiTi2Nk9h8g4bM6r_WtspD7WlahQoUqFOutc6eUFXIwRsVhHESzBHI0q7eujP4WQWwlGO1YA_LvMj5vA7SCVk1_huLiOe4TsSgxgsIB5Xzi781MLuzq-xU72WJ5atoXnwVf5LY8MlYkviOG2gdt6bnGzY2dhJsER6fQfT9VMBCTwDunrqy33z1GwylC0femb3awEp4KmkrOiGOdHc3UkD1bebQhlMWbTVrLSdwnjaMay-_byDp0ecB_Krz6Lsn0uQmtaD-nkxQi157SmtZ7ihtpsjYbrsiwUQ4bcw3FSaiDZwa2l3q1GOwAbu_7pzMBumAu4G3R-qY5hg6iQWIcu6McMcIThBjUbQBVN5gvcH0BbrR4JfRDv2ok9LT8SRr8gKuUQBbkv9EbeQ=w1034-h775-no

rgtgLD-Bn8LXcPXr79pwsx1AdM4Q7BnRac7eGu0FbbHHo-Jm1KYYKGf7BlKZn0csWTayJPNCnQwaL4m2BmJ3VvlNxt-f9WGFFpRO5qnE0NPytSlWExRfbCXIfwXTf-CcmDB74reMDuVKY78LER6E3JxwtO4dnc7T1B3qx9e7hfuPvGgUDTtPXaRxGFx2LrFyMr11Gg0x_-4WtHye5nQ8JqNlukP7o9stcY0tEvjfi6tuMQEuFsALtWoy_YPgQ0xtRC37LL2O7MyyWFstkVCX0SB4C3TyBgxKxvjTmivCEsa3KJZoC0m_j8vkoLTF_yc2Jq4CanO4bJ5nn4FGISa9G1LVpGjhYFoINWsmttJ561CUfxrc6AbYRNpnSA6wz3HlF3TlRCHtF19ATYs-dEax8f9yTrlPrpx0GiTBDXQLU_xXKnTeu4am9ZUrDVaP1EL9nC6SuJSAYBzYG4qvj6WVam5lPKsKuWq3fx2om5-fhAUFlTeuNEGgp-j9ep9Li-5PZ3jtVR4OdyMppy57fvyu6BYvd-ir3JbJ4Jc16m2Saks-M4kOOFFWULNP_crC1VCFcy1_OA=w582-h775-no

I have the Xbone version and it is the best stick I have ever owned out of the box besides my old style AES sticks. I wish they made a PS3/4 version also.
I'm torn between the VLX and Virtua Stick High Grade.

I've wanted a VSHG for about 8 years, I think I'm ready to pull the trigger... If I could find one!

The VLX is too big for my taste, but functionally superior and works on both consoles.

Decisions.
The VSHG is awesome after you take it apart and rewire the button layout. Plus it will work with PS2 games if you have a 60gig PS3 and also with a lot of PS4 titles. I hate the new Hori sticks and buttons.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I played on some of the newer high dollar Hori sticks on a SFV setup a while back. They performed well enough, but I'm not really a fan.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like them, but the Hori HRAP case for the T5 sticks is the best, I do prefer the 2ver. HRAP with the better button layout. Them cases feel like NAC shaped to me. The CP is shaped similar on the NAC. Curved corners with a slight angle, it's just a great look, the CP is awesome.

I got as couple Kai HRAPS for SFV, haven't done a thing to them yet, I hate them 8 buttons, so gay, but I have to admit using the 4 on top one on the thumb at bottom for XRD, I always found the atomiswave/Sammy button layout for GG so fucking odd "Oh let's just remove the middle button...genius!" AArrggh, best is 4 up top one on bottom, perfect for GG. I am going to plug these Kais and add octo gates. Easily done by modding the gate a little, nothing hard at all. I like having the start button right at top, it feels awesome!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
What would you all recommend these days if the idea was to start a custom stick for the Neo? I like some of the setups I've seen from jansens, but I'm also a bit torn between starting from scratch or recycling an older stick into something new. Alternatively, I'd be pretty stoked with a Saturn to DB15 adapter. Shame no one seems to be selling this.