What arcade stick do you own?

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Oh no... before anyone invests in some leverless controller Capcom Cup just nerfed them pretty hard with a rule change that makes all current SOCD cleaning banned: link here.

Just by chance I ordered a Razer Pantera stick because I found some of the inputs on Alpha 2 to be too difficult on a HitBox due to the tight input timing required.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Oh no... before anyone invests in some leverless controller Capcom Cup just nerfed them pretty hard with a rule change that makes all current SOCD cleaning banned: link here.

Just by chance I ordered a Razer Pantera stick because I found some of the inputs on Alpha 2 to be too difficult on a HitBox due to the tight input timing required.

Brook released an update almost immediately to comply with the new rules which only really affects charge characters. Instead of D + U = U, or L + R = L, they're now neutral.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Normally, I’d just pass by, but I appreciate that specific stick as my first real fightstick.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Normally, I’d just pass by, but I appreciate that specific stick as my first real fightstick.
For some reason when I find a decent stick at a decent price I buy them.
Hekk, I have a stick for the Wii.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for Switch/Evercade/Mini compatibility? I have both the 8BitDo and RetroBit dongles already. Is the unfortunately NES Advantage looking 8BitDo the choice, or is there something better?

HellioN

20 Year Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for Switch/Evercade/Mini compatibility? I have both the 8BitDo and RetroBit dongles already. Is the unfortunately NES Advantage looking 8BitDo the choice, or is there something better?
For a wireless stick or one that will just work?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I have a wired xbox soul calibur 6 stick. Works great on the switch with a magic ns adapter.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I use the 8bitdo. Swapped out the sticks and buttons awhile back. It does a good job for the most part. I like it because it just works and no wires. Anything better I would have to go wired. The mayflash sticks I hear are good but require a controller hook up to the stick or some sort of dongle.

HellioN

20 Year Member
I use the 8bitdo. Swapped out the sticks and buttons awhile back. It does a good job for the most part. I like it because it just works and no wires. Anything better I would have to go wired. The mayflash sticks I hear are good but require a controller hook up to the stick or some sort of dongle.
I have an F300 from mayflash.
Out of the box it works on Mac, Win, Linux, Switch, PS3, Neo mini/ASP, and some others I think.
You only need the passthrough/dongle to make it work on Xbone/series or PS4.
It also works on the PS5 but only if your playing PS4 games.
If you're going to buy an F300 get the elite version, it's got sanwa parts out of the box.
If you want a physically bigger stick that does all that get the F500, an elite version of that is also available with sanwa parts.
Otherwise mayflash and brook make all kinds of converters.
Brook also makes a universal board that works with almost everything and also a wireless board if you want to go the diy route.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Normally I prefer to play fighters with a 6 button pad, but I picked this one up a few years back because it was stupid cheap. I don't use it much, but I feel like getting it out since I have so many fighters on PS2. It has a nice weight, and the stick feels amazing, really nice micros, but the buttons are convex and don't have the best feel. Can anyone recommend a nice button upgrade pack for it?

20230523-102550.jpg

HellioN

20 Year Member
Normally I prefer to play fighters with a 6 button pad, but I picked this one up a few years back because it was stupid cheap. I don't use it much, but I feel like getting it out since I have so many fighters on PS2. It has a nice weight, and the stick feels amazing, really nice micros, but the buttons are convex and don't have the best feel. Can anyone recommend a nice button upgrade pack for it?

20230523-102550.jpg
Sanwa or siemetsu(SP?) should swap into that without much trouble.
Both of those are convex.
If you're looking for concave buttons you want Happ or iL buttons but they may not fit in the case.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Sanwa or siemetsu(SP?) should swap into that without much trouble.
Both of those are convex.
If you're looking for concave buttons you want Happ or iL buttons but they may not fit in the case.

My memory is pretty bad but if i remember correctly, these sticks were a pain in the ass to mod back in the day. You actually had to remove these metal tabs that were blocking the button holes. Also if you plan to replace the art, it left a huge glue residue all over the stick and took forever to remove.

HellioN

20 Year Member
It probably does have a tabbed hole but a sharp half round file or a Dremel make quick of them.
The real question is it worth your time.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
My memory is pretty bad but if i remember correctly, these sticks were a pain in the ass to mod back in the day. You actually had to remove these metal tabs that were blocking the button holes. Also if you plan to replace the art, it left a huge glue residue all over the stick and took forever to remove.
I also seem to remember the PCB being soldered directly onto the buttons.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Yeah, I did some research on it yesterday. The buttons are actually soldered to the board, and the holes have tabs that require removal by sanding/dremeling. Really more trouble than it's worth for my purposes. There used to be a company called Tek 5 or something like that, and they had manufactured a board/button swap set specifically for this stick which would have been perfect. But sadly, they're out of business now.

No matter though. Like I said, I like the weight and feel of it. The micros feel nice with the stick. I'm just not crazy about the buttons is all, but they work fine. The stick only cost me like 20/25 bucks a few years back, I can't complain. It's in perfect condition too, I doubt the previous owner used it much.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Desolder the buttons and the micro switches of the stick and replace them if needed and call it a day. It's pretty similar to the Hori Wii Fighting Stick.