What are you listening to at the moment?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
M, Europop is a great album. I love Eiffel 65. I remember when I saw the music video when it came out I thought it was fucking awesome. I can't understand why, since I was playing PlayStation a lot and the CGI quality in the music video is barely acceptable by comparison

Anyway, its Cheap Trick tonight

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
IMG_20210526_174258183_34.jpg
New CDs.

It's going to take FOREVER to rip those 11 Madonna CDs for the MP3s [I've already got both of her greatest hits albums, but, there were still more of her songs that I like but didn't have ("Dress You Up in my Love" and "Hung Up" in particular), which is why I bought this huge box set].

Likewise, I've got the Jackson 5's greatest hits and MJ's Bad and Thriller albums, but, there were still hit songs of his that I was missing, so, I bought this 2-disc set to fill in some gaps.

Working on my Katey Perry album collection as well ("California Gurls", "E.T.", "Last Friday Night", and "Firework" are the songs I wanted off this Teenage Dream one).

Needed some Byrds and Dido tunes too (I love "White Flag", and both "Thank You" and her collaboration with Eminem on his "Stan" are on here as well). I got the 100 old wartime memories songs collection just because (those 5 discs are probably going to take an hour to rip for MP3s too).

Naika

Street Hoop Star
It's Friday Night, so I might as well post my anime music video featuring the citypop song "FRIDAY NIGHT" featuring the JADOES. Enjoy fellas!

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
20210529-155346.jpg

What I've been listening to this week:

Johnny Ace - The Memorial Album ("Pledging My Love" has been repeated a quite a few times this week)

Daft Punk - Discovery (Played this one a ton when it first came out, but decided to revisit it recently. I particularly love spinning "Something About Us" at night with the lights dimmed)

A Date With the Everly Brothers (recent pickup, only knowing their hits, I'm digging the deeper dive. "Love Hurts" and their cover of Little Richard's "Lucille" really stand out)

The Feelies - Crazy Rhythms (a New Wave cult classic, I love the percussion on this album)

Weezer - OK Human (surprising record, very orchestral, Pet Sounds-esque)

The Best of the Ronnettes ("Be My Baby" makes me feel gooey, so heavenly)

Grateful Dead - Dave's Picks 38 (9/8/73)

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
20210529-155346.jpg

What I've been listening to this week:

Johnny Ace - The Memorial Album ("Pledging My Love" has been repeated a quite a few times this week)

Daft Punk - Discovery (Played this one a ton when it first came out, but decided to revisit it recently. I particularly love spinning "Something About Us" at night with the lights dimmed)

A Date With the Everly Brothers (recent pickup, only knowing their hits, I'm digging the deeper dive. "Love Hurts" and their cover of Little Richard's "Lucille" really stand out)

The Feelies - Crazy Rhythms (a New Wave cult classic, I love the percussion on this album)

Weezer - OK Human (surprising record, very orchestral, Pet Sounds-esque)

The Best of the Ronnettes ("Be My Baby" makes me feel gooey, so heavenly)

Grateful Dead - Dave's Picks 38 (9/8/73)
Nice! I need to get Discovery on vinyl

prof

Just realized how much bigger the font is in my post from the other day. Sorry about that. I was typing it on my phone, so it was easier to do so in the notepad app and then copy and paste it into the forum, but apparently it formatted weird. Good to know for the future.

@M

20 Year Member
IMG_20210603_170259447_40.jpg

New CDs. It's kind of a funny coincidence that all of the ones that came in the mail today have black and white covers.

I LOVE "Weird Al" Yankovic (I will NEVER get used to him without a mustache though), and own several of his cassettes, but, no CDs until this 2-disc set came today, and they're loaded with 38 tracks of his best material. I just got Elle King's Love Stuff album because I adore her "Ex's and Oh's" song, hopefully the other tracks are good too. I own several of R. Kelly's songs on various compilation albums, and he generally does very good work, so, I was willing to try a 2-disc set of his stuff. I know and love Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl" (I used to have a friend named Jessie that I teased about it too--I kidded him that he was required to find a girl that lived up to the one in this song) and "Don't Talk to Strangers", but the others are unknown to me. "Rock the Casbah" is the only Clash song I know offhand, and it's pure awesome, but, I'm sure there are other winners out of the 41 tracks as well.

Have any of you ever seen a CD jewel case like this Clash one? Inside, the two discs are stacked on top of one another, not on different sides of an interior tray--I've gotten many multi-DVD sets arranged like that, but, never CDs until today (and I own a LOT of CDs). You have to press in on the side to open it too, and the pivoting spine has a unique design I've never seen before--I'm guessing this might be a European thing (it's a Sony UK release)?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Has gotta be one of the best solos in a video game. Guitar & Sax, timestamped

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
View attachment 49979

New CDs. It's kind of a funny coincidence that all of the ones that came in the mail today have black and white covers.

I LOVE "Weird Al" Yankovic (I will NEVER get used to him without a mustache though), and own several of his cassettes, but, no CDs until this 2-disc set came today, and they're loaded with 38 tracks of his best material.
I saw Weird Al live soon before the pandemic hit. I grew up listening to him religiously, watching his TV show and UHF. Listening to some of his old work live hit me in the feels a little bit. Great guy and a great entertainer.

prof

It's a ridiculously hot weekend, so I told the kids I'd clean the pool and get it ready for them. So I picked out a few discs to play on the deck. You'd think I'd play some Bob Marley, Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffet to get the summer vibe going, but somehow this happened. Haha
I doubt the kids will be amused.
20210605-150059.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
LoneSage told me I should get and listen to some Dio instead of Dido, so, I did. Problem is, I'm me, so, I says to myself, I says, "You know what would go awesome with Dio? Barbara Streisand!" My logic and taste in music are infallible, I tell you!
IMG_20210605_142002806_34.jpg