What are you listening to at the moment?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Soundtrack for your next game of ‘name that sample.’

Mr. Thing, breaking out some absolute bangers.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yeah, Korn is pretty good. I only got their GH album recently, but my younger brother was always blasting them, Marilyn Manson, and NIN when he was younger, so, I became accustomed to them back then. Now...mah bruddah plays gospel music on his guitar at church and doesn't listen to "evil" music anymore. I blame that Jeebus guy. 😃

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Got to see Korn live on XTC a few years ago. Got a shirt from it

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Really not my type of music but I recently ran into one of those obnoxious people at work, so this one put a smile on my face:

@M

20 Year Member
image_36.jpgimage_1_36.jpg

New CDs.

I've been going a bit overboard on these themed 5-disc sets lately (I ordered a country one too, but, they ran out of stock and couldn't ship me one, so, they refunded my money instead). Unfortunately, there's some redundancy on the track selection on these (Lipstick on your Collar & The Best Rock 'N' Roll collections both have Buddy Holly's "That'll Be The Day" and The Penguins' "Earth Angel" for example.)

Got an Everly Brothers 3-disc set too, for the heck of it.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
How much music do you have digitally, M? Including your CDs that have been ripped. I’ve got around 250GB, but I’m sure you’ve got me beat by a mile.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Can't go wrong with anything that's got Eddie Cochran on it, M. I'd buy those first 3 or 4 CDs if I saw them for a couple bucks. In fact I've been casually looking for the "perfect" Eddie Cochran compilation cassette tape for my little tape player/radio unit, for the kitchen and whatnot.

@M

20 Year Member
How much music do you have digitally, M? Including your CDs that have been ripped. I’ve got around 250GB, but I’m sure you’ve got me beat by a mile.
Nope, you've got me beat. Ripped, I think I've got around 40 Gigs on my MP3 player right now, but, I've still got piles and piles of CDs to do yet. I just did my Weird Al and Clash Essentials 2-CD sets earlier. I don't buy digital music, only CDs.

Can't go wrong with anything that's got Eddie Cochran on it, M. I'd buy those first 3 or 4 CDs if I saw them for a couple bucks. In fact I've been casually looking for the "perfect" Eddie Cochran compilation cassette tape for my little tape player/radio unit, for the kitchen and whatnot.
Most of those 5-CD sets run between $8-12 on Walmart's website, some closer to $20. All 3rd party sellers though. The "cases" are just cheap fold-out cardboard pockets too.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Man I have the next Swirlies EP after that one somewhere I got at Repo Records in Villanova circa 1995

I’ve never even been to Repo on South Street, I miss that place. Mad Platter was no Repo or Prex but was a pretty decent store in West Chester when I was at WCU, the store manager took care of me when I went there, I actually traded in CDs there to get money to put towards my OG PlayStation.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Most of those 5-CD sets run between $8-12 on Walmart's website, some closer to $20. All 3rd party sellers though. The "cases" are just cheap fold-out cardboard pockets too.

that's a fucking rip off. you are insane

@M

20 Year Member
that's a fucking rip off. you are insane
I often pay $8-12 for single disc albums, so that's a good deal for five discs of music. A lot of the tracks are filler from artists/bands that I've never heard of, but, that's pretty typical for these larger, inexpensive compilations. The publisher has to balance the licensing costs of the bigger names with lesser known ones that can be had relatively cheaply.

@M

20 Year Member
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but, that averages out to about 10¢ a song on those 5-CD 100 track sets. As I stated, they're not all winners, but, there are also many songs on them that I like too.

I also bought this 2014 Sarah MacLachlan Shine On CD for fifty cents at the thrift store if that's a more acceptable value to you. Jewel case is cracked, but, it's complete and plays fine. 😉

IMG_20210610_104621.jpg