What are you listening to at the moment?

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
That is a damn good cup of coffee.

20230425-084230.jpg

How did I not see this sooner? Fuckin FLAVORTOWN.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Listened to this today and then randomly heard it again later. I needed some rims bad, and I knew just how to get em too

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Sometimes the times trigger memories more than the music/movie, etc.

I remember when this song came out I visited LA/ OC for the first time as a child and we heard this on the radio constantly on the trip, so I think of that more than it’s relationship to the movie.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I’ve been rewatching Eastbound & Down and watched this episode yesterday, now i cant get this song out of my head

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
In a hardcore Peter Gabriel mode right now. Melt (PG3) is a masterpiece that I'll never tire of listening to.

He's been releasing his new album i/o in an interesting way. One song at a time with three different mixes from three different producers, the Brightside Mix, the Darkside Mix, and In-Side Mix (for headphones).

So far I'm enjoying them, especially the most recent two songs Road to Joy and Four Kings of Horses. I want to know what magic spell he cast on himself that allows him to sing better at 72 than he did when his mid to late 30s.

Bonus Melt video circa 1980.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

‘Sample’ by Elephant Gym.

Hearing lots of Other Men, fIREHOSE, minutemen, Thingy and Heavy Vegetable (Travis’ songs where he plays hollow body guitar as opposed to Rob’s Gibson + powerchords).

This is Taiwan’s finest export since PGM arcade gaming.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
After watching the bowie documentary moonage daydream on max.
I love the music video they made for The Man Who Sold The World.

Highly recommend listening to the 2020 mix of that album, which is listed as Metrobolist on Spotify. It's light years better than all the 50 years of releases and remasters before it.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
4AD released a lyric video for a song about 30 years old. I actually had (have) this CD, haven’t listened to it a a while. Members of the DC band Unrest.