What are you playing for Halloween/October?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
While the winter seems to be a good time for games like skyrim etc, October is a great time and excuse to play some particular games.

castlevsotnArt23.jpg

This month I'll be taking on some castlevania games I never got around to back in the day.

Circle of the Moon
Rondo/Drac X
Harmony of dissonance
Aria of sorrow

You guys have anything lined up this month?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I think there's a thread for this already, but I'll bite. Just finished playing SOTN for the first time and greatly enjoyed it. For this month, scary-ish games I'm playing are:

The last of us - seriously those clickers freaked me out the first time I saw them

Zombies Ate my Neighbors - great game with a cool 90s style and hard as balls

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles - on a SOTN kick.

Dead Space - never gets old. Absolutely in love with this game.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the snes offcourse!

Gonzo

n00b
Am thinking of buying a copy of Ghouls & Ghost for Snes or Genesis (or both) and want to try Alone in the Dark for Dreamcast since I never playeded before.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Some good suggestions in here so far, arrg I really need to make some time for ghouls n ghosts......

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Damn, well in that case might as well shut this one down.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
This is what I have lined up in my cabs right now....

Deathsmiles
Nightmare in the Dark
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Zombie Revenge
Alien

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
SFC
Clock Tower
Super Castlevania IV

Famicom
Sweet Home
Castlevania

Wii U
RE Revelations

I thought about taking out the dc again for some RE2.The same can be said for the cmvs on NITD.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
This is what I have lined up in my cabs right now....

Deathsmiles
Nightmare in the Dark
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Zombie Revenge
Alien

Bitchin' selection right there. I'm playing a good deal of Night Warriors and Vampire Savior on the PS2 Darkstalkers collection lately.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Should've been the first reply ;)

I would have thought so too.

Bitchin' selection right there. I've playing a good deal of Night Warriors and Vampire Savior on the PS2 Darkstalkers collection lately.

Thanks! It's pretty sweet having all those going at the same time. It really gets me in the Halloween mood.

And yeah, you can't go wrong with anything in the Vampire series at this time of year that's for sure :)

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I do have NITD on a multi, no excuse not to get some rounds in.
Good suggestions.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Suda 51 is a good place as any to look....

I might fire up Dark Knight Sword or Shadows of the Damned while I wait for little gaffers hitting me up for candy.

I'm really into Final Fantasy 7 at the moment. The last time I played through it was back when it first released. Super Mario 3D World and Baseball Stars 2 are getting some heavy play as well.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm really into Final Fantasy 7 at the moment. The last time I played through it was back when it first released. Super Mario 3D World and Baseball Stars 2 are getting some heavy play as well.

I guess those games have very vague ties to Halloween, monsters, darkness, etc. Whatever floats your boat.

I guess those games have very vague ties to Halloween, monsters, darkness, etc. Whatever floats your boat.

I find FF7 to be very creepy in areas. No real blood and guts moments, but the atmosphere does a great job at making you feel uneasy. Baseball Stars 2 in honor of MLB Playoffs. Nothing beats October baseball!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I find FF7 to be very creepy in areas. No real blood and guts moments, but the atmosphere does a great job at making you feel uneasy. Baseball Stars 2 in honor of MLB Playoffs. Nothing beats October baseball!

When I first played it, the part where the group encountered the skewered snake creeped me out a lot. It was the sense of awe at Sephiroth's raw power.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
FF7 does indeed have a fantastic creepy atmosphere in that sort of way the Japanese always have seemed to be world class masters at...

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I'm almost to Splatterhouse in my Halloween queue. ReMake comes first, but i'm just about to Disc 2, there. But in my queue, I've got;

Resident Evil (GCN Remake)
Doom 64
Splatterhouse
Castlevania Bloodlines