What are you playing for Halloween/October?

When I first played it, the part where the group encountered the skewered snake creeped me out a lot. It was the sense of awe at Sephiroth's raw power.

I'm just passed the point when Sephiroth kills Areis. The whole area leading up to that scene, even all these years later, still gives me the feeling that something terrible is about to happen. That's brilliant game design.

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
I'll be playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night ..

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Staying with Castlevania theme, I´ll do my annual run of Super Castlevania on da sd2snes. Then I suppose I will continue Last of Us. (I´ve kind of stalled progress on it due to other interests but what better time to get back to it)

Staying with Castlevania theme, I´ll do my annual run of Super Castlevania on da sd2snes. Then I suppose I will continue Last of Us. (I´ve kind of stalled progress on it due to other interests but what better time to get back to it)

As much as I try, I just can't get into The Last of Us. I bought it day one, played for a few hours, and I never went back. I really want to like it but something's holding me back.

snkjoe

New Challenger
Snes
Castlevania 4
Ps1
Resident evil 1-3
Silent Hill
Turbo duo
Castlevania x
Ps2
Silent Hill 2-4

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
What I've been runnin' so far this month. Pics I put on IG

SFC_DB_zps04f6a617.jpg~original

SFC_DracX_zps0ad84460.jpg~original

complete2_zpsdf04908e.jpg~original

SFC_Nosf_zpsa0498667.jpg~original

MD_VK_zps9031de64.jpg~original

PCE_DracX_zpseb74ce04.jpg~original

PCE_DC_zpsd37c050a.jpg~original

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I don't really get to play much in October due to hectic college & work schedules, but here's another good one:

kingofdemons.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I have been playing some X68000 Akumajō Dracula (Castlevania) lately.

The goddamn clocktower level boss has my blood pressure set to boil.

20140913_232928.jpg

20140913_233106.jpg

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Aria of sorrow

I loved this game and Dawn of Sorrow (maybe not the touch screen parts). Being the first Castlevania games set basically in the present, they felt really fresh and had some challenging boss battles. I also liked how they mixed in the ability to use guns...even if swords were still the better options. Plus, Alucard is in them in a suit.

Last edited:

MaxAsh

n00b
Just finished Castlevania on my Playchoice-10, brought back a LOT of memories (and a few frustrations). Wishing I had Ghouls and Ghosts.

cowise

n00b
I'm planning to go through Silent Hill for the first time this month, along with Costume Quest 2.

I just swapped Vampire Savior 2 into my cab for play all month, as well as being the featured game at my Halloween party. :buttrock:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
other than the obvious Rondo of Blood. I think I may play Musya on the SNES and Psychic Assassin Taromaru on the Saturn. I also really need to play the DS Castlevanias.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
The Evil within is out today should be good... that and some doom64

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
I was gonna fire up my PCE and play some Splatterhouse, but after seeing StealthLurker's pic, I don't think that's enough anymore.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'll be playing through Resident Evil 3 finally. I just finished RE2 for the first time in about 14 years last month, and I finally beat Resident Evil ReMake on hard mode...I think the last time I played it was about 10 years ago. I forgot how good and freaking atmospheric that game is.