What are your thoughts on AliExpress?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I decided to give them a try yesterday for the first time (yes, more fooking Chinese building blocks). I found it odd that I had to pay each seller individually, rather than the whole order in one lump payment. And I had to cancel one item, because they don't accept PayPal if the amount is less than $1 (I've read accounts by several people online to only use that, not a credit card, with them). And, yes, I know that the shipping can sometimes take months.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I decided to give them a try yesterday for the first time (yes, more fooking Chinese building blocks). I found it odd that I had to pay each seller individually, rather than the whole order in one lump payment. And I had to cancel one item, because they don't accept PayPal if the amount is less than $1 (I've read accounts by several people online to only use that, not a credit card, with them). And, yes, I know that the shipping can sometimes take months.
I do around 90% of my online shopping on aliexpress and out of the over 500+ orders I have only had 2 items that have not turned up.

Reactions: @M

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's much more honest than Wish, but it is still cheaply manufactured.
As with all this stuff, you my need to be careful regarding safety and materials. Some of this stuff they are finding rather toxic chemicals.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
As long as you know the items could be cheaply made you're fine.

I've never had a problem with ordering and receiving my items.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I dont get why we have to pay tax to Aliexpress. I've bought a bunch of stuff from Aliexpress and had no issues w/ refunds when needed. They have the same stuff from Amazon but way cheaper. We get a lot of sexy roleplay clothes and wife buys tons of her crafting stuff.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
We get a lot of sexy roleplay clothes and wife buys tons of her crafting stuff.
Do you dress up as the man?

For realz though, I wouldn't mix an AliExpress french maids costume and a candle or they'll be peeling her in hospital like a shedding snake.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
ordered a hard drive contoller pcb there a while ago, it actually arrived.
thanks for reading.

also hdretard probably fits nicely in a french maid outfit with his height of 5'5

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Do you dress up as the man?

For realz though, I wouldn't mix an AliExpress french maids costume and a candle or they'll be peeling her in hospital like a shedding snake.

Yeah, wife wants me to wear those supergay fishnet see-through underwear. NGL, they are comfy and very breathable. Less ballsweat

@M

20 Year Member
I dont get why we have to pay tax to Aliexpress. I've bought a bunch of stuff from Aliexpress and had no issues w/ refunds when needed. They have the same stuff from Amazon but way cheaper. We get a lot of sexy roleplay clothes and wife buys tons of her crafting stuff.
Yeah, I was surprised that they charged me sales tax too. The other two Chinese companies that I buy blocks from don't.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I've had nothing but good experiences with Aliexpress, it's slow as fuck but you'll eventually get what you're asking for after a month, and if you DO have any problems you'll 100% get your money back. As long as you know for a fact what you're buying (cheap chinese shit) you won't be dissappointed and I buy from them constantly. Just don't buy anything name-brand that you think is real or genuine lol.

I've had way more bad experiences with Ebay as a buyer than I've ever had with Aliexpress, and the wait is worth the sometimes astronomical savings you can get on certain things. If I'm not in a hurry I'll order from Aliexpress just to save money on shipping

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I assume that 90% of the cheap crap I get from china on Ebay is actually drop posted from Aliexpress

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I heard a lot of shit you buy on Amazon now might be fake Chinese shit.

@M

20 Year Member
It's strange, but, a lot of sellers will buy Chinese building block sets and rename/brand them as their own product on Amazon. I don't get it. It'd be like me buying a bunch of Great Value pop tarts at Walmart, taking them out of their original boxes and putting them in new "M's Munchies" ones that I made. It just seems like a lot of extra work for nothing, other than stoking your own ego maybe?

Anybody want to buy some M's Munchies? Only $1.50 for a box of 12 and they come in blueberry, chocolate, cherry, cookies & cream, strawberry, and cinnamon & brown sugar flavors. Just buy a box of Great Value ones at Walmart and write M's Munchies on it with a Sharpie. I'm not sure how I'd make any money on that, but, just humor me.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I heard a lot of shit you buy on Amazon now might be fake Chinese shit.
It depends what it is. If it's cheap electronics or clothes then yeah it's usually knockoffs. Stuff like records, games and Blu-rays are usually safe. Just stick to stuff actually sold by Amazon, 3rd party stuff it a minefield of junk.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Been ordering there for a few years, never had a problem.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I got counterfeit KN95 masks direct from Amazon.

I ordered a 10 pack of FDA emergency aproved KN95 masks. They were legit with all the proper seals, documentation and everything exaclty as they were on the FDA site. Clicked the "Reorder" button the same day I got them and the only option was to get them from directly from Amazon. They showed up and were counterfeit.