What do you make of this?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Anybody ever get one of these from a local USPS office? There was no stamp on it, it was just a folded and taped piece of paper with my address, but not my name, written on the outside, and left in my mailbox. The phone number to call is legit (I've called there before, to check on package deliveries, so, it's in my contacts list on my phone). The tracking number they gave does correspond to one of the five packages that I received that day, but, they added 8 numbers to the front of it that aren't on the shipping label and the weight isn't accurate (it was a 15.87 oz. package, not 11.80 oz., according to the label). Seems fishy, but, on the other hand, if it is a scam of some sort, I fail to see how it could work, unless the postmaster is the one doing it, which, while not impossible, is VERY unlikely. They left that line on the form blank, but, said package also came from a "Joe Doe" in Illinois. While it was what I ordered, it was originally bought and shipped from China, not Illinois. So, assuming it is legit, I suspect USPS is really fishing for information and it's not QC as they claim?

Screenshot_20221129-064830-984.png

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Only 5 packages a day? They are disappointed and want you to buy the whole aliexpress stock.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If you call you get an extra special package delivery in the middle of the night.

• Eggplant
Reactions: @M

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
JFC you are busy today.
Ignore the phone number on the sheet of paper. This has scam written all over it.

Call your local post office directly if you are really concerned.

@M

20 Year Member
Oh, boy. I got a text from China, while I was asleep, from the seller, telling me that the package was at my local post office and to go pick it up! I already confirmed delivery on the 23rd (Ali sellers don't get paid until you do) and gave them a 5-star review, so, I don't know what their problem is. They gave me USPS' 1-800 phone number to call for help too. 🤣 I don't think they're trying to scam me, something on AliExpress probably got messed up and they didn't get paid. I didn't respond to the text, but, I messaged them back in Ali's app and sent them photos of the envelope and its' contents to show them that I got it.

I did call the local post office, yesterday, that left me the note, told them I had received the package, but that the tracking number they gave me had additional numbers added to it and the weight was different. The clerk just told me that they'd let the postmaster know. I now presume that they also got a call from China and that's why they left the note.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
JFC you are busy today.
Ignore the phone number on the sheet of paper. This has scam written all over it.

Call your local post office directly if you are really concerned.
The problem is he isn't busy.

@M

20 Year Member
Says the guy who spends hours re-reading old posts here. 🤣

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I have never received a note like this. I go out of my way to not buy things from China though.

@M

20 Year Member
This was the first time in my life I ever received such a note too, that's why I asked if anybody else had ever gotten one.

The seller got back to me and told me that their logistics company told them that I didn't receive the package and told them to contact USPS about it, so, that's how this whole thing started.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Also smells like bait - like they found something illegal and want to pin it on you, so they need you to show up in person. Like sending "Free TV, just pick up at this address" flyers to people with warrants out. :ROFLMAO:

@M

20 Year Member
It did strike me as fishy, kind of a shoddy way for USPS to contact me too (like I said, USPS' note didn't even have my name or postage on it). But, it was legit in the end.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Also smells like bait - like they found something illegal and want to pin it on you, so they need you to show up in person. Like sending "Free TV, just pick up at this address" flyers to people with warrants out. :ROFLMAO:
naw. customs sends a very formal letter when they find something. They dont have time to investigate. They seize and send a letter.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
naw. customs sends a very formal letter when they find something. They dont have time to investigate. They seize and send a letter.
i was kidding, but you are correct

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
La loca vida

Kernow tells him to trim his nails, he does (a bad job by the way)
Then a racoon bites it and all in the span of a few hours.

@M

20 Year Member
I took, and posted, that nail pic before this thread, and it's the other thumb to boot.