What do your current employers give to you for the holidays?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Do they have a holiday party? If so is it at or after the workday?

Do they give gifts or bonuses?

Just curious...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A decent scenario is letting us actually do our work so we don’t have double down before and after the break.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
A decent scenario is letting us actually do our work so we don’t have double down before and after the break.

I try to take the last week of the year for this very reason (I am this year)...Dec is a silly busy month for us, everyone and their dog wanting everything done "before the end of the year" (after sitting on it all year long). Last year was the first time for my taking it off...and I'm glad I did.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
There's a holiday party but I never go. That's it.

This year they're shitting on us especially hard. We're getting basically a full truck every single day and there's no space to put any of it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My boss sometimes will toss us a gift card, but that is out of his own cost center. I am based out of a home office, so no holiday party.
Occasionally we have a local get together of some of the field team. Managers usually approve the expense.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

+1

my manager told me that i must go to this christmas lunch thing next saturday. i told him that if i was to go, who would do all the work that needs to be done?. told me not to worry about it which means i still have to do it all after i came back.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Holiday party and a bonus (varies based on position but generally in the low-four-figure range).

I've had other jobs that gave out $100 Visa gift cards or classy pens/paperweights. I had one job that would throw crazy open-bar parties at nice restaurants but there were only like 15-20 people in the US office so the bill was only like $3-4k even with people drinking scotch and doing shots of Hennessey. The CEO would come out from London and get shit-hammered with us. A lot of unprofessional shit would go down at those parties.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Christmas party , 2.5 weeks paid leave off over December/January , sometimes a $500 bonus or booze vouchers something to that effect. It's really pretty damn good!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Most of my old jobs were just gift cards ranging from $20-$100...My biggest christmas bonus was a company i work for 5years. They gave $500 for each year you worked & i got $2800+ my last year working for them.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Usually a food item from one of our catalogs, a small appliance or kitchen utensil, also from our catalogs, an article of clothing, and some sort of random company branded item.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
We used to get a frozen turkey, but the bastards took that away when the economy was shitty. Now all we get are long hours and a kick to the balls for Xmas.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I try to take the last week of the year for this very reason (I am this year)...Dec is a silly busy month for us, everyone and their dog wanting everything done "before the end of the year" (after sitting on it all year long). Last year was the first time for my taking it off...and I'm glad I did.

This is exactly what I’ve been gping through the past month; five bloody projects including a whole site relocation before Christmas - I am rekt (taking a sick day today because I can).

That said though, they took us out to dinner at $70 a head and we ate and drank well. I’m off for 3 weeks over Christmas but this just comes out of my accrued annual leave.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I joined the telecoms industry back when mobile phones were still growing massively. The companies were almost printing money, and my first christmas party there the company hired out an arena and had a huge band at the time (here) play, it was either Take That or Robbie Williams, can't remember which, but that kind of shit.

The next year the government auctioned off the 3G network licences, all of the telecoms companies overpaid and the money was gone. That christmas we had the party in the car park, a few free cans of beer and karaoke.

Year after that they asked if people wanted a party or a gift voucher and people voted overwhelmingly for a gift voucher. They made it redeemable only in the staff shop, which meant you could only buy crap like phone covers or a tenner towards a hands free kit.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
A holiday party which I wont go to

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
A holiday party which I wont go to
Same here. Everyone going is expected to buy each other a $15 gift. I think of all the years I've worked, I went to one holiday party and didn't like the company.

Way I see it...I work with these people and rather not spend my free time with them ;)

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
$15 voucher to local supermarkets

Some individual departments have parties.

December is generally slow for me (I start performance evals in October), budget is October, and we push mandatory ed and other requirements in November. By mid-December i'm pretty much done with yearly requirements and it's just day-to-day stuff. I take the last 2 weeks off every year.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
A 25 dollar gift certificate to the store I work at. It's a shame I have to use it all at once, but at a grocery store you can easily rack up that much in no time at all.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I work in a factory. This year we get Xmas Eve, Xmas, day after off as well as new years day. Holiday pay. A ham plus whatever gift they decide to give us. Don't know what the gift is this year, but past gifts have been blanket, lunchbox, mini bluetooth speaker. Two years ago they gave out a steak dinner since the company made a production milestone. I actually got it twice since I was working a overtime shift for someone.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We get a $25 gift certificate to a local grocery chain. I swear one time it was $50 but I don't remember.