What has made you a grumpy gamer?

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Being fucking harassed at GAME to pre order games every single time you step foot In the place. "Ooh you'd better pre order that or you won't get a copy". FUCK OFF DICKHEAD!!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Three major things make me a grumpy gamer:

1. Simply not having the time to game nearly as much as I could in my early-mid 20's due to all of the adulting required in life after that. I have a huge gray list in Steam that I don't think I'm going to touch a majortiy of as a result.

2. Nickel and dime DLC practices.

3. Mobile games being ravaged by profiteering assholes who are far more interested in making money, especially off of whales, than making a good game that everyone can enjoy.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Yes the loli shit has been around for ages, I'm not saying that, what I am saying is it has gone to infect even the mainstream titles now and just about everything they release has some sort of loli flair to it because Japanese men are fixated with this shit now more than ever.

The 2nd picture is DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu. DoDonPachi went from this

Spoiler:

DoDonpachi_InstructionCard.jpg

donpachi02.png

To that loli shit you see there. It's now seen in major titles and RPGs, look at the main cast of Final Fantasy 15, they all look like they came out of some fucking night club and are exploring the wilderness and no one else in the world dresses or has a hair style even remote to theirs.

Yes some of that art is highly westernized but that's what the Japanese did, look at all the Capcom arcade flyers from the 80s and 90s, Taito's, Konami's, that was a great era of creativity. Even their PC98 and PC88 box art was amazing. Now it's just fucking little girls galore.
Ah, yea, you're right. also thanks for sharing that DoDonpachi pic... fucking beautiful. Space disco as fuck.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Egos - sooooooo many people get their lives wrapped up in this shit, both gamers(basically just look at nintendoage) and developers. The guy who made Fez quit the industry because people said his game wasn't perfect.
I mean, what the hell dude? That game made money hand over fist, and a sequel would have done the same. but nooooooooooooo, he decided to be a whiny bitch and take his toys and go home.

also, collector's editions. Not necessarily all of them, but the fact that it seems every game gets a collector's edition, and most of them are just ridiculous crap you'd never actually want. If you ask me, a collector's edition that's bigger than 3 DVD cases is probably overkill. A pin or a little trinket? why not. soundtrack? cool. art book? i'll look at that. 36" WIDE WALL SCROLL DEPICTING THE 14 YEAR OLD PROTAGONIST WEARING A BIKINI AND COVERED IN BANANAS? ummm... no.
Curry dish? what? why? Zombie bikini torso? no.... OH! you must want a limited edition where it includes a statue of the whole cast and the box is bigger than your nightstand. no. just, no.

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
Being fucking harassed at GAME to pre order games every single time you step foot In the place. "Ooh you'd better pre order that or you won't get a copy". FUCK OFF DICKHEAD!!

Have you been hearing what's been going on in the states here with GameStop's "Circle of Life" program?

Basically, GS employees are urged to sell more pre-orders, used games and Edge memberships than they sell new games. What we're hearing now is that (in certain stores) on a game's launch day, they will outright lie that they have said new game in stock... then get you to pre-order another one.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
Paying $5 for 3 year old COD Ghosts but then having to pay $50 so the lady and I can co op all the extinction maps on ghosts :mad:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Have you been hearing what's been going on in the states here with GameStop's "Circle of Life" program?

Basically, GS employees are urged to sell more pre-orders, used games and Edge memberships than they sell new games. What we're hearing now is that (in certain stores) on a game's launch day, they will outright lie that they have said new game in stock... then get you to pre-order another one.

I assume they're two sides of the same coin. I can't stand the place mate. Nothing surprises me about the place!

Last edited:

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
1.- Having to wait to play a game on my Xbox one. I hate this installing game crap...
2.- Having to pay for "DLCs" or to unlock content on a game I purchased for $59.99...

I loved the good ol' days when you could just pop a cartridge or CD into the console and start playing...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Another thing I forgot to mention is the re-purchasing of online games. If I purchased a Ps2/Ps1 or Neo game for example on PS3 Psn. Why the hell do I have to pay for it again on PS4 PSN. And why the hell is more expensive to purchase on the ps4?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=manhunt

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Once the industry started making big money like that of the movie industry shit went to hell in a hand basket. Investment firms and Boards of directors that answer to them push everything you guys hate. It's all for the love of the almighty dollar.

It was once an art. The people that made them just needed enough money to fund the next one.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Pretty sure it was always about the money. Maybe not in the minds of the arty folk designing the games but there was always a corporate suit in charge somewhere.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
No Suikoden sequel in fucking forever.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
No Suikoden sequel in fucking forever.

If enough fans gather efforts to show support and interest in the series, maybe then Konami will consider making a pachinko game for them.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

lol i haven't entered a real videogame store in several years (in germany).

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I somewhat agree but western developers are keeping it alive. I don't know if you noticed but the games coming out of Japan lately aren't that great anymore.

Japan went from shit like this:

28009701.jpg

96e784c79c7e8a487881a18a83b7e6d9.jpg

To fucking:

COCC-16920.jpg

ddpdfkBLTH.jpg

Japanese are no longer the dominating great game makers they once were.

I blame ever-increasing radiation levels.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I think when game companies decided to go from making a game in an attempt to make some money, to making a game in an attempt to make all the money.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Fucking DLCs piss me off.

Indie games are the worsed.

The Vita is "Dead" according to sony.

Fucking Nintendo. Amiibos,limited run shit and trying to apeal to a certain group, ONLY.

Collactards and their got to have it now attitude and then never play it...

Flippers gotta sell it now at an astronomical profit. Resellers too.

PC master race... Fuck off with that shit we are all gamers.

Keyboard warriors. Almost everyperson on the internet...

Sega not making consoles... So sad.

Death of arcades... My childhood lost that I wish my sons could enjoy.

Conservitives with video games make you violent. Thats mostly died now.

Fucking twitch and letsplay. These fat sacks will die kill themselves if video games ever not become main stream.

Mainstreaming video games. I was a nerdy kid that played games and could not get a girlfriend. Now its cool to play games!? The fuck man....

Esports... What a joke. Not even a sport.

Free to play, pay to win. Seriously...

And the death of investigative journalism. This one may not fit as well but all anyone does is look it up online so it must be true...