What is Gangan?

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Do anyone know what this NG CD game is all about?

William

Okay,
Forgive me if my memory is spotty. I've only played this once, and that was enough. It's a fighter, sort of. It is controlled very similar to any fighting game, BUT you fight multiple opponents at once, if memory serves. The character design was "ho-hum" at best. I used this Robert Garcia-Wanna-be. I also remember fighting this muscle-bound, Japanese student looking guy who took off his geta(wooden sandals) and put them on his hands as a weapon. GAY! The graphics were remeniscant of World Heroes, but the players were very big on the screen. One good memory about the game is, if you learned the special moves & combos, you can PUNISH opponents. Like I said, my memory is spotty, at best, but I hope this helps you out.
AOF

I

Iori

Aggressors of Dark Kombat, total garbage. It did have Fuuma from WH, and that was it. For God's sake, don't buy this game.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
And if you do decide to buy it, don't even go more than $10 on it. I very recently picked this up for $10, and I can't say as I'm pissed that I bought it. But I know if I'd given any more than I did, I would've been very angry. I will say this about it, I'd take it over a World Heroes game anyday of the week. Oh, and the SDM's are pretty interesting. Other than that, it can't even touch the lofty standards set by KOF, Last Blade, etc...

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I disagree with your comment about taking ADK over WH anyday. World Heroes 2, Jet, and Perfect are ALL better than ADK (Gangan), hands down. ADK is pretty much garbage, a fairly poor fighter.

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Look like I have to stay away from GANGAN with a 10 foot pole.

thanks for the reviews

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Awwwwww, be nice guys. Agressors of Dark Combat (Gan Gan) did have its good moments. An interesting cast of characters, with some good combos and extremely wacky finishing moves. Fuuma from WH was in it with some crazy 10-12 hit combos, and a finishing move where he would hold you in front of a piece of dynamite, and left you right before it would explode. And who can forget the "Jealous Bomber"? Next to Rasputin's "Garden Of Love" super in WHP, this is one of the funniest moves you will ever see in a fighting game! (We miss you, ADK... make another fighting game!!!!)

Mr. Chimp is right... the game is definitely not better than World Heroes Perfect, but Gan Gan is good for a few laughs. It may take some time to get used to at first, but my friends and I have a good time with it.

Now, Galaxy Fight.... THAT'S a horrible SNK Fighter!!!!
biggrin.gif

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Now, Galaxy Fight.... THAT'S a horrible SNK Fighter!!!!

Actually, Galaxy Fight was made by Sunsoft; the same people who brought us Waku Waku 7. In my opinion, Galaxy Fight wasn't half bad, but the AI was cheesy.

------------------
SIG1.gif

DolphinLord: Plaguing the online Neo-Geo scene since 1997.

Visit #SNK on EFnet IRC for SNK/Neo-Geo chat!

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by DolphinLord:
Actually, Galaxy Fight was made by Sunsoft; the same people who brought us Waku Waku 7. In my opinion, Galaxy Fight wasn't half bad, but the AI was cheesy.

Galaxy Fight did have an interesting cast of characters (Roomi the Rabbit??), as well as some sick combos. Plus, this was the first game I fought where it seemed that there were NO CORNERS, since technically you were fighting on a planet and worlds are not flat (proven by Christopher Columbus in 1492).

Still, against the computer, the game is pretty dismal. And a lot of my friends wrote this game off for being just "too weird". Waku Waku 7 looks pretty zany too, but may play better. Not sure; I'm hoping I can get the converted cart someone is providing in the selling forums.
biggrin.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I agree. I prefer World Hero series as well
(infact, that and FF was the first Neo Geo related game for SNES that I bought way back), though Agressors of Dark combat wasn't that bad--had hard time pulling some of the specials, though. As for Galaxy fight...I really hated the game play and the graphics. Infact, it is in one of my worst Neo Geo game list.

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited December 07, 2000).]

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
GALAXY FIGHT IS A DAMN GOOD GAME!
THE CAST IS REASONABLE THE SETTINGS ARE FUTURISTIC YET STILL COOL, A FEW OF THE CHARACTERS SUCK (WHAT SERIES DOESNT HAVE A FEW CHARS THAT SUCK?)
I LOVED THE SPEED OF THE GAME (YOU NEED A MADLY TUNED CONTROLLER FOR THIS GAME!)
AND SOME OF THE CHARS (ROOMI (TURNS ME ONE OOWWWWW) AND THE NINJA.....FK I FORGET HIS NAME (COOL AS HELL))
THE BOSS IS CHEAP AZZ TOO......LIKE A SNK FIGHTER!

BY THE WAY DOLPHIN, I LOVE THAT GIF OF YOURS!!!!!

DEVIL GUI