What KOF are you best at?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I put the most time into 98, unless we include the Pocket....
because I probably put a few hundred hours into MotM on pocket.

I'm with you there. R-2 and MotM consumed a lot of my time back in the day as well as Gal's Fighters.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
"Best at"... Well I tend to focus on the popular ones because of the player base so 98 and 2002. Although I love to play me some 2003 because of the roster and tag system. It was different in a good way imo.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
Out of the mainline Neo titles, I find 2003 the easiest, but that may be because it's the last. Most devs softened up on the CPU difficulty in fighting games over the years. Even getting the true ending of 03 is breezy. But old titles like KoF94, AoF2, forget about it.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Most of us probably have all the KOF games multiple times. Some we like some we hate, some we only play because other people are playing them. Regardless of your overall fighting game potential, which KOF are you best at? That is, if someone challenged you to a match and you win the coin toss, what game do you pick?

For me it’s probably ‘98 (Ralf, Takuma, Shermie) but I can really frustrate people in 2002. I never got good at 2001. I can’t find anyone who even wants to play 2003 even though I quite like it.
KOF96, with the boss team (Geese Howard) and the AOF team. After that, 94 and 95.

For me it was KOF 96, 98, 2000, 2002, XI, XIII. Sadly was never good at KOF 94, 95, 97, 99, 2001, XII, XIV, XV, although in the case of XV I've been playing that more as of late.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
97 & XI.

Spent the most time in arcades (compared to other years of my life) in the two eras these two were released.

97’s input leniency helped a lot of people get good quicker than normal. XI’s Super Cancels are…erm, *super*.

I play RB2 and Asura Buster more than any fighters these days; however, if KoF ends up on the menu-it will be ‘97 or XI at my meet ups.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's certainly not my favorite, but I'd probably annihilate most people at KOF94.

1: Most people don't play it, I still do from time to time particularly if I have a Neo CD hooked up since it's the only KOF with fairly fast loading

2: No custom teams lead most people selecting a team where they are only good with one person

3: AOF team redizzy combos. If I get a jumping hard kick you're dead pretty much.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
KOF ‘94 on NGCD is excellent. Basically no loads past the first one but you get all that awesome rearranged soundtrack goodness.

NGLad

n00b
For sure 94, and 95. They just seem slower paced and a bit more enjoyable to me.