What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
?! Yes, very much so. Simon's Quest, Double Dragon neo geo, Adventures of Link, SamSho RPG are just a few examples off the top of my head of sequels in which the gameplay was radically changed, yet are still clearly part of the game series.
Seems all too easy... how about the CD-i Zelda's? Or Metal Slug Defense? Be it as it may, it all comes down to this: There's always room to discuss to what degree a game (book, film, comic etc.) belongs to a series canon and to what degree it doesn't. You seem to be a fan of easy answers, though, so carry on and don't bother to question pre-chewed definitions, nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
What are you even talking about? Just because Kizuna Encounter has some gameplay differences from Savage Reign does not make it exempt from its respective game series. It’s still set within the same gaming universe, includes the same characters and continues the overall storyline. And furthermore, although as I pointed out in my previous post that this doesn’t necessarily matter, it’s still a 2D fighter. Kizuna Encounter nixed the 2-plane platform mechanic, added a tag feature, and a few new characters. That doesn't mean that it should no longer be considered a part of the Fū'un series. It’s great that you liked the platform system of the first game, and it’s unfortunate that SNK chose to drop it, but that doesn’t change the fact that they created it as a direct sequel to Savage Reign. We can debate the merits of the games, and whether the changes between them are improvements or negatives, but we can’t debate whether the changes negate the game’s inclusion as part of the series, because that’s not up for debate.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
What are you even talking about?
You're confused? Probably because while I was quoting member dspoonrt, you chimed in with a new topic. For me comparing Savage and Kizuna is comparing apples and oranges and if somebody likes either of one but not the other, that's not saying much about the reason why. That's basically what I said to dspoonrt.

Now with this other thing, whether Kizuna (or MotW, or AoFIII etc.) are parts of a series cannon, or even the same series, I'm of the opinion that each case has pro and con arguments. For me the term "gaiden" applies to many of those games mentioned above, not only in terms of story, though. I'd extend it to game mechanics, too.

I'm also of the opinion, that there's always room to debate. You're not, but that's okay with me.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
You and I just have a difference of opinion on this. For me, apples and oranges would be Savage Reign and Puzzle Bobble. I'm no horticulturalist, but I would consider Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter to be more akin to different types of apples, like Golden Delicious and McIntosh, for instance. Well, ok, for me they'd be more like green and yellow crab apples, but you get my point.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm no horticulturalist, but I would consider Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter to be more akin to different types of apples, ...
Look it's just an idiom, I could also say Savage is a two-plane fighter and Kizuna a single-plane one and in that difference lies their proverbial "apples & oranges" incomparability. Not to mention a totally revised engine, different game mechanics and the tag-team structure. For me these differences are profound enough to question whether it's the same game anymore and what consequences this implies.

Incidentally, it's horticulturist and in spite of it all, I feel like the gardening world has lost a great one in you...

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Played a bunch of League Bowling yesterday with friends. Finally broke 200 and got a 230. First 5 frames were all strikes.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Hey, I'm the original HeavyMachineGun.... Before I got renamed to HMG against my will.

You're an imposter!

Hey, I'm the original HeavyMachineGun.... Before I got renamed to HMG against my will.

You're an imposter!
XD
as i can see from your profile you're HMG that stand for: H = Heinously, M = Massive, G = Gonad.
I'm a newer version XD

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I fired up the cabinet yesterday for some quick rounds of KOF98 and LB2.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Ive been playing Metal Slug 1. Thinking I'm gonna 1cc it again. Currently at two continues.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Nam 75 so close to getting the 1CC. I can make it all the way to 5th stage (factory) boss before losing first life. This si a tuff boss with all the other fuckers there alao. As for final boss I almost have Muckleys pattern down. I accidentally roll sometimes when I need to run but I will eventually get this done hopefully this weekend. Such a great game I forgot how well made it was until starting it up last week.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Finally going to try and do it. Shooting for beating the home cart version of Magician Lord. No unlimited continues to fall back on. Always played this game casually, but it's time to check it off the completion list.

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Cleared Pulstar for the first time in a while. The mid checkpoint of stage 6 is the last point where I can die and still beat the game, I can’t deal with losing powerups after that since stage 8 is brutal without them. Recovering at the end boss isn't too bad though since you're given 2 speedups and the blue lazer but actually reaching the end boss is challenging.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Got out of the AES/MVS scene years ago so now I just play the ACA Neo Geo titles on my PS4. This last week has been mostly AoF2, KoF96 & Fatal Fury 3.

Can still 1cc 96 on Lv8 easy. Fatal Fury 3 I fall apart at the twins. AoF2 I can 1cc every time with Ryo/Robert/Takuma but tonight I finally beat Geese without losing a round(Level-4).

Usually I put the options to no continues on all my games, so I HAVE to learn them properly, or cheese them in the case of AoF2!

Any tips for the twins on FF3?