What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Playing Magician Lord on Neo Geo cd with my lad atm. Really impressed with how it plays on his CRT with no lag and looks plain gorgeous in RGB. The control pad is a joy to use with this game, and we have managed to get to the end of level 3 so far without Again changing to Hell haha :D

Got to say I love the villain in this, some of his Engrish quotes are very memorable and laugh out loud funny.

"That power is powerless in our presence!" haha

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Played some Magical Drop 3 with K-2, some heated matches!

Haha I know what you mean about heated matches Dark Jaguar, my Mrs loves Magical Drop 2 and I can hold my own against her (for a while) unlike Puzzle Bobble where she owns me every time lol, puzzle fighter is a different story tho ;)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Been on the turf lately, trying to solve the annoying first bounce problem you encounter, upon reaching the Green. Memorizing the Roughs & Heavy Roughs is the key.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Been playing rounds of Savage Reign ( very underrated game ) and the first Samurai Shodown.

Thrash Rally has got a lot of love from me last week ;)

beecee

n00b
been having a blast on King of Monsters, not played that since my neo CD 20 years ago.
still clunky as i remember it.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Still RB2 for me. Started playing Krauser in the last time, great fun. Still having issues regarding the Deadly Rave though and I dont like practice mode...

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've been playing KOF '97 again, mainly testing out the component cables I got for my Omega. (which look AWESOME!) I've also been trying to find out all the differences between the multiple bootleg versions of 97 on the 161-in-1. There's like 7 of them, as opposed to the single "plus" version for most of the others. China seems to like this game in particular...

In this time I've been trying to get better with Chin. In the decades I've been playing this, he's one character that I just haven't understood. I think I'm learning though.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
You seriously should consider using MAME for practicing the later levels. Otherwise it will take you forever to beat the game on 1CC - unless you want to uphold the traditional Japanese penance in learning the game the hard way (a.k.a. "the old days" ;)).

You're completely right. Mame can be a great tool for learning to 1cc. I'm not really in a rush though; and I just enjoy the general challenge of the oldschool style playthroughs.

You can do it my Ninja, I have faith in your training!

:buttrock:

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
Playing Sengoku 2 on MVS, God, I've been missing out..
I play it in between calls when I WFH and I'm wondering if I can actually save my game on memory card on this (that I misplaced during my move and gotta dig for).

J-P

NEST Puppet
Been getting back into the MVS recently. Mostly Last Blade - such a fantastic game. I just gave Samurai Spirits III a run and it's a real shame that game gets so much stick. My fave is IV, but even so, the presentation in III is pretty damn decent. Although... "I sall die alone boo hoo" ukyo-engrish is emoriffick.

Gonna try to 1cc Metal Slug over the next month. Goddamn O'Neil.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Had a nice Neo Geo midnight session with a friend. Played through Ninja Commando and Spinmaster, had a great time! After that some Real Bout 2. Neo Geo bliss :)

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
SSVS is in my Omega right now. Before that Time's Up was what I was last playing. And when my copy of Gunlord gets here (was shipped last week) then I'll be throwing that one in. Been waiting to play that for a while now

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Been stuck on shocktroopers.

Roll dodging some bullets then meleeing someone is so god damn satisfying

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Panic Bomber -- the sound is marvelous! Yet, no wonder, since it's 8ing/Raizing. Too bad they didn't make any STGs for the Neo.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Finally starting to get the hang of Sam Sho 3, got a long a way to go but pulling off a win is so satisfying. Just bought a Hori Diamond VLX, hoping to set it up with my Brook converter and play some Zupapa this week.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Finally starting to get the hang of Sam Sho 3, got a long a way to go but pulling off a win is so satisfying. Just bought a Hori Diamond VLX, hoping to set it up with my Brook converter and play some Zupapa this week.

nice one, mate. those hori fightsticks are also on my shopping list. will grab one once i have that sort of money burning a hole in my pocket. and i was playing samurai shodown 3 just yesterday. it's become one of my favourites in the series. love the ai and the game also has my favourite move sets for a lot of the characters.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
nice one, mate. those hori fightsticks are also on my shopping list. will grab one once i have that sort of money burning a hole in my pocket. and i was playing samurai shodown 3 just yesterday. it's become one of my favourites in the series. love the ai and the game also has my favourite move sets for a lot of the characters.

Cheers man, always struggled with the SS games. 3 has really grown on me lately, having fun mastering Ukyo and Genjuro. I guess like a lot of these classics, once it clicks that's when the fun begins :keke:

The Diamond was a big purchase but it should last me a long long time. Will be using it for Neo only as I already own a Premium VLX for SF etc. Love the colour scheme too, it's about as close to owning an MVS-U4 as I will ever get lel