What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
My current go to Neo games of the moment are Last Blade, Cyber-Lip (I'm a gonner!), Crossed Swords, and Fatal Fury Special - FFS never leaves my rotation. :)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
My current go to Neo games of the moment are Last Blade, Cyber-Lip (I'm a gonner!), Crossed Swords, and Fatal Fury Special - FFS never leaves my rotation. :)

Great selection yagamikun! I managed to finish Cyber-Lip on one credit a couple of years ago. What an excellent game. I had some problems with the high-jump and the right weapon selection, but once managed, it wasn't that hard. One of the best endings ever and those voiceovers and one-liners are iconic.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
I've been on a Metal Slug kick lately. Playing from 1-4 in a row on my AES with a converter since they are MVS carts.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hmm let's see is CanSmasher a title? No? well fuck this game then!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special was my Street Fighter 2 killer back in the day (like 1994 back in the day, lol). I still play it at least once a week! Hell, it's the reason I'm the SNK nerd I am. Great choice! :)

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Spin Master. 1st playthrough was maybe 8 credits, 2nd was maybe 6. Might as well go for the 1CC. Doesn't seem too crazy...

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Any tips for somebody trying to 1cc Spinmaster?

I don't claim to be a master or anything (I've literally played it for one long evening), but here are a few thoughts:

• Bomb supers get reset to 2 when you beat a stage boss so use them up.
  • I avoided the glove weapon and would take anything besides the glove over the yo-yo. Everything else seemed useful to me.
  • Ninja stars were my favorite weapon, but other weapons were fine.
  • Charging attacks didn't seem worth it vs. just mashing the attack button.
  • Not all bomb supers are the same. For the snake boss, I'd usually grab the fire weapon since the bomb super for that seemed to stay on-screen and do more damage than the bomb bomb super.
  • There are hidden chests with fruit (restore 1 HP), bomb supers, and at least 2 extra lives. I think you get them from jumping in specific locations.
  • Go slow. I didn't notice any penalty for going slow. Enemies don't seem to spawn infinitely.

(bomb super = what happens when you press the :B: button, not sure what to call them since there are normal bomb weapons...)

Where are you typically getting hit or dying? I tried to not get hit at least until the boss of level 2 and not die until at least level 3. With 1 extra life, that was enough for me to get through the rest of the game.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
It’s been a lot of Viewpoint and Zed Blade. I’m always working on single life runs for Zed and 1cc memorization for Viewpoint.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I set up Sam Sho II to check it's PQ on an OSSC versus the 2 slot cab I got, and I got into playing Sam Sho III out of curiosity. I know that it's divisive compared to two and has a more anime art style, but never put much time into it. I've been missing out, the control scheme change and fast combat is fantastic and I found myself enjoying it a bit more than I enjoyed II today. Been sleeping on this one for sure.

svcoco

n00b
Getting my ass kicked on Art of Fighting 2 (this game is hard at least for me), can't pass third stage. Playing on MVS at level 3.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Playing Metal Slug to push myself into a 1cc, and Mahjong Kyoretsuden, both on the CD system.

Mahjong Kyouretsuden on the home version allows your score (and your opponent's) to go negative and it seems that you need to go through way too many rounds before the game decide OK that's enough, holy fuck WHY.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Currently working my way through a chunk of my fighting games, trying to 1cc on the hardest difficulty. Working on World Heroes Perfect right now with Dragon. Love this fucking game - underrated gem. It's surprisingly deep. Also, slowly chipping away at trying 1cc the first loop in Sonic Wings 2.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Magician Lord. I was playing a lot of it on the ACA emulator thing and I could never get to the end of stage 3 without losing a credit... the CD version seems significantly easier so I wonder if it's lower than Level 4 MVS. Made without lousing a life to the bubble boss which always owns me no matter the difficulty setting.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Just updated the firmware on my NeoSD Pro and got some NGCD action. Played through Final Romance Mahjong and 1cc Stakes Winner MVS. Next up are Neo Turf Masters (still need to beat Scotland course), Baseball Stars 2 and maybe some Mahjong Kyouretsuden.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
fdc08d4959afc1a9638dda183636e593.jpg

I ran over some Elephants/Rhino/Wildebeest by accident in Thrash Rally also. Thanks for the accurate portrayals of rallying in ‘92 I guess?

It’s been a great start to Alpha Appreciation Weekend.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Mostly Metal Slug and Last Blade 2 the last week or so. Should probably swap out the other two slots as I haven't touched them in a while, ha.