What sequel would you choose?

which one?

• Total voters

Robert

20 Year Member
Within those three sequels, which one would you choose and why?

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Shit, I don't know... I would be happy to see any of the three regardless of what they called it/what system it used. I can't imagine SNKP doing a game that uses a FF or RBFF like engine though, so if they did a FF sequel it would probably play more like MotW than the others regardless of what it was called.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hard to choose. Today, it would be Fatal Fury 4. Tomorrow, maybe Real Bout 3. Just for the feeling of the games.

I don't have any desire at all to see a MotW2, although that would be the most likely of the three, I think. One plane, 4 buttons, simple Street Fighter-style super moves that are easy to cancel into. More accessible to mainsteam gamers and Capcom fans. Parrying has become second nature to a lot of people, so I don't think Just Defend would alienate anyone. But the game just isn't as interesting or fun to me, as the RB or FF games are.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
MotW would be the best imho. I truly enjoyed the MotW pretty much all around.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury 4

back to the roots. Southtown please.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury 4.

2 Punches, 2 Kicks. No bar on screen for DMs. Return of the line Sway. Maybe some characters from 2 and Special to return (Jubei, Axl Hawk). Maybe some changed Jin Bros to reflect training with Kim and Tung.

Heck, the AWs fifth button can be used as the line sway. The System begs for a return to Fatal Fury.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
RB :buttrock:

Sorry folks, FF2,3&S are just too old school for me :)

Liked 1 a lot tho

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Real Bout 3 i could use another, FF with crazy combos and a large selection of characters.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
BBH said:
Shock Troopers: 3rd Squad

i'd be afraid of a new one of that.
they'd probably make it shitty 3d the halfassed way

i voted for fatal fury 4.
they need to go back to their roots.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
AoF4 ;)

well... from the list, it's FF4.

Give me a new FF with line sways and the old cast + some new faces... The Real Bout series is very cool, but since RB2 led to MotW, a new Real Bout wouldn't make sense IMO.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
it would be a tough choice for me between fatal fury 4 or motw 2, if ff4 fighters all had their own backdrops and it played more like a fatal fury game than a real bout then i would chose that as i dont really like the real bout idea of the 3rd button being hard punch and kick and its pot luck what happens

however i think a motw 2 would be an awesome title

i will go for ff 4 just

games_sk

Mr. Big's Thug
I would like to see a new Mark of the Wolves! :)

Whether Playmore has the talent to develop it is another question.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I voted for Real Bout Fatal Fury 3 and it should be made for the Atomiswave. :drool: :cool:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
FF4. The original King of Fighters series.

But where's Zupapa 2?? :conf:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Garou: MOTW 2

---if the graphics were on par if not better than the first one and it had a fight roster of at least 20 ppl, counting all the people from the 1st one. But it's never going to happen except in some alterverse where SEGA is still making game systems, SONY crashed & burned, the N64 Robotech: Crystal Dreams game actually came out and was a success, and where in 2004 the third world war began.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
What can I say? MOTW is one of my favourite games of all time. I'd love to see a continuation of that story.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I went with FF4 as I love that series. It would be nice to see another one released.

GAMEFAN

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
This was a tough one, but I went with MotW2. I didnt really enjoy FF3 at all. 2 was great, but MotW was just too solid and smooth for me. It screams Atomiswave.