"What Was Briefly Yours Is Now Mine": The PC Port Thread

Yoshi

20 Year Member

Just about everything comes to PC these days, but some older games are still trickling over, perhaps most notably Sega/Atlus's efforts like Yakuza and Catherine, and some newer games take longer than they should. This thread is intended to keep my fellow PC gamers up-to-date on such developments.

To kick it off is the former Switch exclusive Octopath Traveler being rated on PC by the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You know, they don't have to do every Neo Geo game.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
The GOG version is probably inferior in this case. DotEmu was responsible for the GOG release I think.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I can't imagine they had different developers handle two PC versions that came out the same day.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Mea culpa they updated the GOG version, so it's also the enhanced release.
GOG said:
Update: SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL
5 days ago
SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL has just received a big update.
The new version of the game is based on highly acclaimed PlayStation 4 edition. New features include multiplayer, achievements support in Galaxy client, tournament mode, and more. The update is free for all game owners.
The updated version of the game is available for Windows only. The original version for Mac and Linux will still be available for download as a bonus goodie.
Important notice: Along with this update, the price of SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL is increasing. Due to this fact, the game is no longer discounted during the Summer Sale Festival.

https://www.gog.com/news/update_samurai_shodown_v_special

Whippy

Banned
Halo Master Chief Collection coming to Steam: Date TBD
https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

I thought it was all bullshit and lies. Most likely it will require Windows 10, so I will have to decide what is important to me personally at that point in time. I have never played Halo outside of the 2 games on the OG Xbox, so this has the potential to be a really nice way to get back to where I started. Co-op mode would also be nice, as I have kids that would love to play through it together. Halo is casual as fuck, but there is no doubt at the power of the early series to bring in $$$$$$$. I do miss the old Halo 2 matchmaking, and wish M$ never got rid of their online service.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Awesome news! Cant wait to give this a crack.