What was your SAT score?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I got 44.21 witchetty grubs and 213.56 didgeridoos which equates to an overall score of 9441 Crikeys. Not bad for old mate.

Good enough to throw a shrimp on the barbie for the sheilas at State!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Pfft…don’t need that shit for community college, please.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
bro...i want to try witchetty grubs. les stroud made them look so good.
Easy. Next time you're giving a blowjob, bite down before he gets hard.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Sorry, I don't understand the reference here. Are SAT's used to access higher education?
to go directly from high school to a 4 year university, SAT and/or ACT scores are basically required. not the case for community (2 year) college. from community college you can transfer to a 4 year university upon completion.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
to go directly from high school to a 4 year university, SAT and/or ACT scores are basically required. not the case for community (2 year) college. from community college you can transfer to a 4 year university upon completion.
So you take a simple test and can skip 2 years of education? Seems like a no brainer.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
So you take a simple test and can skip 2 years of education? Seems like a no brainer.
No. The courseload for a degree doesn't change. You take the SAT for the privilege of getting your freshman and sophomore level courses at a more prestigious institution. Scores are also taken into account for admission when applying as a transfer student, although admission standards will vary between private and state institutions, and from state to state.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Sorry, I don't understand the reference here. Are SAT's used to access higher education?

I went to a school for a specific trade. I didn’t take tests and borrow $10,000 per year just so I could sit in intro level courses until I figured out what I wanted to do for a living. I didn’t stay an extra year because of a change in major. I paid cash and was done in two years.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I can't remember what it was exactly, but, I was given permission to take a special class that you could only enroll in if you scored high enough on the ACT. I declined, as it wasn't applicable to my major, other than as an elective.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I went to a school for a specific trade. I didn’t take tests and borrow $10,000 per year just so I could sit in intro level courses until I figured out what I wanted to do for a living. I didn’t stay an extra year because of a change in major. I paid cash and was done in two years.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
here's an SAT prep question for all of you:
prosecco is to cheese as zeta is to ???

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
here's an SAT prep question for all of you:
prosecco is to cheese as zeta is to ???
12XX....eh it's been over 25 years, it was probably scored differently then but I remember being hung-over, still got into school...

is the right answer...gloryhole?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
and just look at the social and well-rounded way he turned out!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
1430. 740 verbal, 690 math. I only remember the score because I thought it was pretty good but then two other guys at my HS the same year both scored 1510. I took the ACT in seventh grade and got a 23, didn't take it again before going to college.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You took the act in 7th grade? WTF.
Yeah. It was some varied offshoot of my future high school's AP program or something like that, if you had good grades in 7th and/or 8th grade you could take the ACT or SAT really early at no cost as sort of a preview of what it would be like when it counted a few years later. I don't remember thinking that it had done me much good, but I had one other friend who also took it that early and I outscored him (and also did on the real SAT) and never let him forget it, as he had a bit of an ego to check at times.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So apparently I'm the only one who took the SAT when it was scored to 2400?

And it looks like it's back to 1600 now.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, it's back to 1600 but it's supposedly significantly easier than it was in the old days so the scores aren't really comparable. Something something participation trophies.

I took it twice at my parents' behest. First time was 1340 (720/620) and the second one was 20 points higher but I don't remember the scores. Also took the GREs but I don't remember the score on that either. It was good enough to get accepted to grad school but I didn't want to be in debt until I was dead so I didn't go.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's back to 1600 but it's supposedly significantly easier than it was in the old days so the scores aren't really comparable. Something something participation trophies.

Like everything else in America, asking black students to do the same thing as white students is racist.

Edit: Sorry this thought is a little crass and half baked. My thinking is that the easing of difficulty has everything to do with some institutions starting to either drop or reduce importance of standardized test scores for college admissions. So the company wants to make sure they stay relevant, if that means making the test easier who cares.

So apparently I'm the only one who took the SAT when it was scored to 2400?

And it looks like it's back to 1600 now.

Get Kevums or Igniz or PlayboyCougar or OrochiEddie back on the boards if you want to talk to post-87ers.

I'd say Semmel, but I don't know if he finished high school. ;)

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dang. That's more racist than equating Ghosts of Mars with Ghost Dog, I think