What was your SAT score?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Im pleased with where I am in my career.

The test scores don't contribute much to where I am in life. For instance, even though I had great SAT scores, I decided to go to a low tier college on scholarship rather than pay full freight at a place with an elite reputation. So... I can't say that my test scores put me into a great school that then resulted in me getting a great job... even if I'd done mediocre on the SATs I could have still gone to the low tier college and taken the same classes, done same internships, made the same friends, which all more directly resulted in where I am in life and career today.

That’s exactly the sort of communist propaganda I’d expect from someone who didn’t even get into Harvard.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Kind of crazy but I applied for a job in my 30s and they wanted to know my SAT scores (as well as GPA in college).

Insane that you can have years of work experience but some people think a test you take when you’re like 16 has any relevance/meaning at that stage of life.
I have recently discovered that no one gives a flying fuck about my standardized test scores or degrees and basically just wants experience. Can't say that I disagree with the logic there but it's still a bit of a pain in the ass.