What would you do with a $100 Best Buy Gift Card?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Got one of these a few months back from work. Either gonna sell it, or use it today. Haven't been to BB in a long time. Give me ideas on how to burn this thing. I could drop like 50 on top of the 100 gift card.

Bonus if it's something cool and audio related.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I found one recently in my laptop bag that is good for I think $25. I have no idea what I'll spend it on, maybe a Switch game or something. It's been years since I've been to a BB. With $100 you can scoop a game and controller for whatever your modern console of choice is.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I found one recently in my laptop bag that is good for I think $25. I have no idea what I'll spend it on, maybe a Switch game or something. It's been years since I've been to a BB. With $100 you can scoop a game and controller for whatever your modern console of choice is.

Yeah. I have no idea... Can't use it on a phone. Don't need anything PC related. And I have more monitors than I need.

Amiibos!!!

I don't really do amiibos, cause the only ones I ever want always seem to be expensive. So fuck those things.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
If you have a Canon SLR, you should get the 50mm 1.8.

If it were me, I'd get Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, and Sonic Mania Plus for Switch.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
id buy shitty b-movies and enjoy the shit out of them.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'd be tempted to pick up the high-end Panasonic UB820 blu-ray player because BB is one of the few places that carries them. Though, it appears to be no longer available online and only in certain stores at this point. Shopping at an actual Best Buy location is a nightmare... they think the only way to complete with Amazon is to try to torture you into subscribing to their email spam in the checkout line. Half of the point of shopping brick and mortar nowadays is to avoid that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If I had it I'd put it towards a monitor. Otherwise, wait for Black Friday and get some game deals.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fyi Best Buy price matches other stores and online so if you see a deal on something you want at Amazon, Costco, etc and BB stocks it, you're in.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Can you buy giftcards with it because if you could, I'd buy card for other stores.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's because of people running gift card scams. It happens pretty frequently.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sell it for actual cash.

raise.com

You can also buy gift cards at a discount if you planning on buying from a store. Saves you a few %.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'd wait until at least the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales before you decide to sell it or not; you might be able to get a really good deal on something you want that's over $100 right now.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I considered selling it, but I've ran into issues in the past selling these types of items.

I had the day off work today, so I was really just looking for a reason to get out of the house. I went and decided to pick up a few items on sale, and save the rest of the card.

Found Raiden V Director's Cut on clearance for $16.95. So I scooped that.

Also found Soldam on Switch, which is a puzzle game I have wanted to check out, but was unable to find cheap. Had it at best buy for $6.95. So I scooped that as well.

Finally, I picked up Porco Rosso on Bluray, which I've wanted for many years.

Will save the rest of the card to buy Christmas presents or something.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I considered selling it, but I've ran into issues in the past selling these types of items.

I had the day off work today, so I was really just looking for a reason to get out of the house. I went and decided to pick up a few items on sale, and save the rest of the card.

Found Raiden V Director's Cut on clearance for $16.95. So I scooped that.

Also found Soldam on Switch, which is a puzzle game I have wanted to check out, but was unable to find cheap. Had it at best buy for $6.95. So I scooped that as well.

Finally, I picked up Porco Rosso on Bluray, which I've wanted for many years.

Will save the rest of the card to buy Christmas presents or something.

This is the problem with gift cards. You end up buying random crap.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Just go in to your nearest Best Buy and walk around. If nothing catches your eye, give it away to someone. But there has to be something you'd end up using it on if you look long enough.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Why do people give gift cards instead of money. Why do they feel limiting the giftee in where they can spend money

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Why do people give gift cards instead of money. Why do they feel limiting the giftee in where they can spend money

Cash is seen as tacky, whereas a gift card implies you put some thought into it: "I know ya like yer vidiyergamez so heres ya go."

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

I received this through a rewards system at work, where people nominate you for doing something, and give you points. You use the points to buy stuff. I could have got virtually anything, but the items are way overpriced for the amount of points they cost. For example a pair of $250.00 golf clubs wold be like 4000 points, but a $100.00 Best buy gift card was 1000 points. Best Buy gift cards just had the best point to real value ratio compared to any other gift cards of the same amount, or items. So I went with that.