what would've been the ideal console to port Neo geo 64 games?

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Just wanna hear members choices me I would say the Dreamcast don't know why just think it could've handled it well maybe they should try porting some arcade perfect titles on the PS4 maybe.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Dunno about what console but I reckon we could port you to another forum.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
FF Wild Ambition was ported to the PS1 and a downloadable for PSP & PS3.

maybe they should try porting some arcade perfect titles on the PS4 maybe.
Who would buy those? Age has not been kind on the graphics, few know about the HNG64, so no kid today is going to get interested and there will benext to no "nostalgia crowd".

Why have you been spamming up this place with such imbecile threads?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The consensus back in the day seemed to be Dreamcast.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nintendo 64 <-- Same number in the name, shit games would fit right in.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The consensus back in the day seemed to be Dreamcast.

This makes perfect sense. The playstation 1 did an "ok" to "poor" job at handling ports of Fatal Fury:WA and a scaled back interpretation of SS64. The dreamcast and the ps2 era consoles would have been the next candidates in line to receive ports if o.g. snk would have survived and ported the titles.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Nintendo 64 <-- Same number in the name, shit games would fit right in.

N64 would have been capable enough to handle those ports pretty decently I think, as long as they used 16mb or 32mb carts.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Maybe and maybe not. The one deficiency of the N64 outside of the cartridge was that it was not made for handing 2D art and sprites, it's a polygon pusher, and in tandem it had an overly low memory buffer to store data as well. The buffer wasn't as big an issue for 3D as much of it is just textures on polygonal structures, but when you get into a full 2D experience you have to account for every background layer, every sprite, all of it. A big reason you didn't see 2D games on N64 was that it wasn't easy enough to do unless it was something more on a basic side like Namco Museum. A few tried it, but not many, yet the only one who did it successfully with good amounts of stuff going on was Treasure with Mischief Makers and Bakaretsu Muteki Bangaioh. Obviously the N64 would do better than the SNES allowed with SFAlpha 2, but how much better I don't know where issues would have popped up. In reality it could have been the crappiest box to shove stuff to to where the point the PSX stuff was acceptable to people.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Wasn't most of the Neo Geo 64 library in 3d?
From the graphics that I've seen of the Neo Geo 64, I do think the N64 should have been able to handle those games. Midway did have lots of success of porting their arcade games onto the system and it's not hard to believe that SNK could have done the same with the Neo Geo 64, unless those games were really as bad as everyone says they are.

And as for 2d tittles on the system? I think there were a number of factors of why we didn't see them but I don't think hardware capability was one of them. It was a combination of things that worked against them including Nintendo pissing off 3rd party devs, PS1 being more successful and using CDs, and finally the console industry fully embracing 3d gaming at that time.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Wasn't most of the Neo Geo 64 library in 3d?

The basic gameplay was all handled in 3D. But character sprites, title screens and backgrounds are 2D on many games. Mind with a 640 x 480 resolution. That's something the N64 could have never achieved. More likely the Dreamcast but by that time the Hyper already had failed.

I'd certainly like to try them out...

Someday... ;)

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The basic gameplay was all handled in 3D. But character sprites, title screens and backgrounds are 2D on many games. Mind with a 640 x 480 resolution. That's something the N64 could have never achieved. More likely the Dreamcast but by that time the Hyper already had failed.

Someday... ;)

The N64 does have a few games running 640x480 resolution and they all looked great for the most part. Though admittedly, most of the time, it was at the cost of frame rate. Games that had the choice of switching between the resolution often ran better in 240p mode. I don't know, I just look at what competent developers were able to achieve with the system and think someone like SNK would have been able to have some level success. The N64 being cartridge base just forced many companies not to take the big risk if their game didn't sell well enough.

The DC would make the most sense since it would have had very little issue with with the hardware side of things but the NG64 died far too early for that.

What about PSP?

It shouldn't be that difficult

Pretty much any 6th gen console and the PSP would have had no issue on the hardware side of things.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
SAY HELLO TO THE CRIMSON EXECUTIONER. for your standards they could probably port it to that fucking melted prototype shit that Dennis Heck is tearing apart as he roams the country side sticking his Alf fingers in every ones b-holes. and he'll roam around some more...... sinking his tiny little teeth into the fruit.... tearing pulp away from an orb and drenching its gashed surface in its ripe juices. hornier than a f****** 12 year old in a XXX theater. thirstier than the barren Nubia. Its dunes run red with your evil blood.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
The Dreamcast would've been the best system to port them to IMO.