What you eat after you've been ill

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
So, after visiting the doctor for tonsillitis I managed to pick up stomach flu from some fucker and have just spent the last four days projectile vomiting and pissing foamy lava from my anus.

Just eaten my first morsal of food since tuesday, and realised I always eat the same thing as a first meal after every illness, no matter what the illness has been.

potnoodle.jpg

Ah, good old chicken and mushroom pot noodle.

Anyone got any foods that when they're feeling shitty are the only thing that will do?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
mrs grass. WITH the flavor nugget.

WYLERS-MRS.-GRASS-QUICK-SOUP-CHICKEN-NOODLE-12-5oz.jpg

for when you need to get back on solid foods.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Those noodles are so full of preservatives that just .. lol. :oh_no:

When you have the vomit thingy + the leaky anus ... you go for toast with feta cheese + mint tea with honey. Calms down your stomach + relaxes the stress on the back door exit.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Saltines and ginger ale. Didn't know there was another option.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
mrs grass. WITH the flavor nugget.

WYLERS-MRS.-GRASS-QUICK-SOUP-CHICKEN-NOODLE-12-5oz.jpg

for when you need to get back on solid foods.

Chicken noodle soup is a good shout.

I'm not sure they needed to copyright the phrase 'flavor nugget' though, it sounds like a highschool name for a fart.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
White castle

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
when I had my appendix out in like sixth grade they came from Hardees but any Bacon Cheeseburger will do.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup
Saltines
Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Popsicles (Cherry/Grape/Orange mix)
Orange Juice

And lotsa drugs.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
The most I've had being ill was after oral surgery (wisdom teeth removed, crowns, tooth being pulled), so I end up eating some Progresso soups and whatnot, frozen yogurt when I wanna sate my sweet tooth (the cold certainly helps it).

After I've been sick like a dog from flu, I usually end up wanting fried chicken and rice.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Thai curry and rice. I suppose I like the fat and carbs, and I also want to taste something then that my nose works again.

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
Pho-Beef-Noodles-2008.jpg

To feel pho-king better!

The hot broth with the fat in it, the noodles, it's easy to chow down on while the warmth helps me breathe better which always is an issue when i'm sick.

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
To all those that mentioned soup and saltines and the like, do you call your mommy and tell her you don't feel good too? Men who concur the flu go on the hunt for greasy meat. Those who mentioned White Castle or burgers you would be correct.

BK has what you need. Double Whopper w/cheese and a BK original chicken sandwich no lettuce heavy mayo with a large order of onion rings and the biggest Orange drink they got.

You'll thank me later.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
For me, I guzzle Minute Maid Fruit Punch while I'm sick. It's my comfort food, not sure why.

If I have a need to clear my sinuses, I load up some pho with lots of hot sauce. Works like a champ, and I actually enjoy eating the tendon. Yummy.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
If I have a need to clear my sinuses, I load up some pho with lots of hot sauce. Works like a champ, and I actually enjoy eating the tendon. Yummy.

I just take a shot of soy sauce and heavy wasabi for when my sinuses are wreaking havok. Clears it for the rest of my work day.

I may have to try pho when recovering. It's really nice on a day that's wet and cold, though.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
To all those that mentioned soup and saltines and the like, do you call your mommy and tell her you don't feel good too? Men who concur the flu go on the hunt for greasy meat. Those who mentioned White Castle or burgers you would be correct.

BK has what you need. Double Whopper w/cheese and a BK original chicken sandwich no lettuce heavy mayo with a large order of onion rings and the biggest Orange drink they got.

You'll thank me later.

I've never seen your face but I'm sure you're a fat fuck if that's what you eat when you're sick...