What're the good 360 online FPS's?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
So on the 360, what's a good online FPS. Halo 2 is fun still obviously but if I'm going to get a 360 I'd like to know what FPS's are fun online for Vs. play.

I generally do Deathmatch. And I <3 Halo 2 if that gives you an idea of the kind of game I like.

Any suggestions?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
slim pickings right now, but GRAW is AAA all the way online, quake 4 is good too, very solid online. CoD2 is good too, but i only rented that. Chromehounds is mecha DM.

this xmas you'll have CoD3, Gears of Wars, Rainbow Six Vegas as well.

my most anticipated is rainbow six and gears of war

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
DashK said:
slim pickings right now, but GRAW is AAA all the way online, quake 4 is good too, very solid online. CoD2 is good too, but i only rented that. Chromehounds is mecha DM.

this xmas you'll have CoD3, Gears of Wars, Rainbow Six Vegas as well.

my most anticipated is rainbow six and gears of war

Yes. GRAW is fantastic and you can take up to three guests with you on Live. COD2 is worth owning just for the off line. COD2 offers a great story mode and amazing four player split screen action. It is very good Live as well, although you can't take any guests on with you.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
the only one ive played online so far is Prey. Didnt like it all, pretty choppy and I just found it hard to see what the hell was going on - so after literally 2 deathmatches, the disc was out, and Halo 2 was booted up.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
GRAW is great, I can't stress that enough. I don't think there are any other shooters on the system with a better XBL mode at this point. It's got all the modes you could want, from straight deathmatch to team territory or co-op. I try to play at least a couple of times a week.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
The sad thing is, most of the FPSs (that actually are released) are pretty good online. While PDO is nothing to write home about, the Co-op is probably the coolest feature it has.

COD, I'll agree, has a very good Single-player experience.

But the real reason is, that GRAW is so darn good, it pretty much blows most everything else out of the water. I really need to get into it with some gamertags who play it regularly. I've been lazy a bit, I need to add more gamertags from here.

JHendrix

I have the GRAW Demo but I can't seem to get into the single player aiming and stuff. I'll try it again I guess.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
MilkManX said:
Come play Chromehounds with me J! :)

I was on last night, but no one from my squad was. I couldn't do much of anything but run solo Neroimus War missions. :crying:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
GD said:
I was on last night, but no one from my squad was. I couldn't do much of anything but run solo Neroimus War missions. :crying:

Sorry about last night, was on briefly to check if there were any new downloads, but I just couldn't stay awake for Chromehounds and had to crash. Tonight? Late maybe; I've got friends coming over so I can hand out some NHL 07 beatdowns, they should be gone by eight or nine o'clock (guesstimation of course). This weekend? No doubt there. I'm short on the loot so I'll be be playing vids and doing homework all weekend.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Nobody was on anyway (it takes 2 members to approve an applicant). More should be online tonight.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
GD said:
Nobody was on anyway (it takes 2 members to approve an applicant). More should be online tonight.

Playin crhome hounds right now (been drinkin cant spell)

gamer tag is abikyokan!

also play quite a bit of Quake4, DoA4, XBLA games

JHendrix

All this talk of Mecha gaming and yet I don't have it! There isn't even a demo to download of the sucker to see if I like it even. :crying:

On the plus side, Burnout is AMAZING and Quake 4 should be here tommorrow. I may break down and do one of those rental deals, just to try out other shooters and stuff. My friends at work are trying to get me to get GRAW. Too many games, not enough time. :(

Battlefield 2, although no deathmatch there is conquest mode and I now prefer this to a deathmatch type game. It is awesome.

Only problem is it suffers badly with voice communication problems.

XBL Gamertag: Charles Lee Ray

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
Playin crhome hounds right now (been drinkin cant spell)

gamer tag is abikyokan!

also play quite a bit of Quake4, DoA4, XBLA games

I'll add you to my friends list tonight.

We play from 6-12PM ish EST though, so I don't know if you're online at that time being on the other side of the world.. it's pretty early in the day for you.