Whats one of the red "Mini" cabs worth?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Local posting near me of one of the red "Mini" cabs, guessing its the MVS-2-13 from the picture posted.

Compared it to one on hardMVS and it looks the same.

Anybody know what these go for?

Listing says it needs "restoration" but then again what well played Neo cab doesn't?

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I have seen a couple go locally around me lately. They are usually seem to go a bit more expensive than a typical big red. Anywhere from 200-400$ I think.

They are quite a bit more rare. I wouldn't mind picking one up just for fun, but the pieces I would find to be a bit more difficult to find would be the CPO and marquee. Everything else would probably be able to be easily found.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You'll have to check if the monitor has any burn-in. That is permanent damage and can't really be fixed.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I have seen a couple go locally around me lately. They are usually seem to go a bit more expensive than a typical big red. Anywhere from 200-400$ I think.

They are quite a bit more rare. I wouldn't mind picking one up just for fun, but the pieces I would find to be a bit more difficult to find would be the CPO and marquee. Everything else would probably be able to be easily found.

Yeah, the CPO and marquee would be a bitch to find NOS or repro I'm sure. And I've already got two Gold cabs to restore which are in the same boat. I actually found two NOS marquees for them, but nobody makes the CPO, which is probably why I haven't done anything with them yet. Not sure I'd want to add another project to that list.

You'll have to check if the monitor has any burn-in. That is permanent damage and can't really be fixed.

I'd probably be sol too, trying to find a replacement 13" CRT monitor, and I don't even think anybody makes an LCD replacement that small. I'll definitely pay attention to the screen if I wind up looking at it.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I crammed a 20" PVM into my 1 slot cab, though, it's a converted cab. Maybe a 14 inch PVM would fit?

Good luck if you go for it.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
A person on here who had a Neo Mini installed a Sony PVM in his and says it looks AWESOME ;) I think it was one of the 14 inch. Actually, the 13 inch CRTs aren't impossible to find, so if it had a little bit of burn, you could get a replacement if you looked.

The CPO and Marquee are really the only pieces that you would have trouble finding something for.