What's that game/cover art? Win a free MVS cart!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
thought I would take another quick search.

So far this is the closest thing

e1f8508cfe94bebf098033041478abe6.jpg

or

athenaad.jpg

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
sorry again! have to put
because Rastan... music.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
You guys are killing it with great art. I wish I knew what thread I posted it in, but somebody replied asking something along the lines of where do I find such cool or crazy stuff. Ironically, I found the game art in a post on NG. I've checked my attachments, no-go so it was a url IMG tag. Maybe manhatten project bootleg fami cart? I recall there was no name shown on the art, but it could have been cropped.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
attachment.php

26ea189b86a8799d0ade2c0e7bfd97dc.jpg

If this isn't it then I don't know what to say.

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Wow, this last one matches the descriptions extremely well!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
oliverclaude, these look so great it really makes me wish they were official! One of my favorite aspects of this thread is how it's unintentionally turning into a celebration of Mega Drive box art, haha.

Chempop

Wow, this last one matches the descriptions extremely well!

I couldn't believe it myself. A google image search for 'fantasy art video game triceratops' led me to discover it on pinterest or something.

Where do I claim my prize? :make_fac:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
That's Boris Vallejo too, jsiucho! He ended up illustrating a rather large amount of Genesis covers. Ecco and Turrican are possibly the two most puzzling examples of this!

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
My entry:
50140_front.jpg

Revengers of Vengeance (or Battle Fantasy in Japan) for the Sega/Mega CD.

BASED ON A TRUE STORY!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
My entry:
50140_front.jpg

Revengers of Vengeance (or Battle Fantasy in Japan) for the Sega/Mega CD.

BASED ON A TRUE STORY!

That was a badass game on the SCD. I think I played it when I was young a couple of times.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
26ea189b86a8799d0ade2c0e7bfd97dc.jpg

If this isn't it then I don't know what to say.

You win! Where did you find it? What title/console? Please PM me your addy for your prize!

So pick your poison:

$15USD

Mystery MVS missing label

Used panties

1-off Skuttle Docross Sofubi (looks at your avatar:eye::eye:)
View attachment 38516

Chempop saves my day yet again, I swear this guy could find both hen's teeth & a needle in a haystack!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Well a little research thanks to modern technology has shown that it isn't even game art at all (unless featured on a bootleg which is possible.

View attachment 38529
Clyde Caldwell - SPELLBINDER
19.5x29
Acrylic on Board
Used to illustrate the contents page of the April, 1980 edition of Heavy Metal Magazine. Also collected in "The Art of Clyde Caldwell" (SQP Inc., 2002). Formerly of the Frank Collection.

Chempop

HAHA Awesome!!! Wow, the full version is incredible :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Like I said:
A google image search for 'fantasy art video game triceratops' led me to discover it on pinterest or something.
I also searched genesis box art for a while but realizing that was a dead end I had to be more creative.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
HAHA Awesome!!! Wow, the full version is incredible :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Like I said:
I also searched genesis box art for a while but realizing that was a dead end I had to be more creative.

Ok, so I understand that you want the panties, but I don't have your addy. ;)

Thanks again, Chempop! Now I'll sleep easier at night without having to wonder about that mysterious image.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
md_cadash_front.jpg

I remember playing this action/RPG in the arcades years ago. Wasn't there a PC Engine/TG-16 rev that had 4 players, while the Genesis version had 2pls?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
HAHA Awesome!!!

Congrats, Chempop! I love happy endings ;).

I remember playing this action/RPG in the arcades years ago. Wasn't there a PC Engine/TG-16 rev that had 4 players, while the Genesis version had 2pls?

That exactly right. The Genny version misses the Ninja & the Priestess. This cover I posted is actually the PC Engine one. It was reused for a Japanese-styled bootleg. There was no Japanese release of Cadash on the Mega Drive, there only was an Asian version.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
This thread was amazing. I'm a little sad the image was found because it ended the flood of amazing fantasy art...

Chempop

Prize arrived W0000T Finding the pic ResO was after was enough satisfaction, but her generosity to swap the prize with not one, but two outstanding kaiju, I am rather speechless. I wasn't expecting the 2nd one and I love them both!

29182038536_17731b3b3f_c.jpg

ResO, you seriously made my day. I'll cherish them both and treat them right. THANK YOU :emb:

Chempop

[edit] double post ffs

Last edited:

Chempop

[edit] TRIPLE POST LOL

Last edited: