What's the best city you've ever lived in or visited?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
The other thread is really bumming me out.

I have only lived in one general place but I try to travel and here is a short list of places I have really enjoyed in no particular order:

Dallas/Fort Worth
Nashville
Key West
San Francisco/Bay Area/Big Sur
Chicago
NYC
Frankfurt

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Savannah, GA
New Orleans, LA
I’d like to add Mackinac Island, MI to the list one day and maybe Point Roberts, WA.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The other thread is really bumming me out.

I have only lived in one general place but I try to travel and here is a short list of places I have really enjoyed in no particular order:

Dallas/Fort Worth
Nashville
Key West
San Francisco/Bay Area/Big Sur
Chicago
NYC
Frankfurt

This is cheating.

Kansas City and Austin are pretty close for me in the USA. International would be hard to choose.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Is it weird that I like quiet, uneventful cities like Indianapolis?

There is nothing special about this city, but I really enjoy visiting it for Gen Con once a year.

I haven't been to a ton of cities, but I never get tired of Chicago.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Im a bit of a homer and i like these places local to me.

Fridays Harbor/Orcas Island, WA
La Push, WA
Seaside, OR

For other countries, these were really nice place to visit.

Boracay, Philippines
Macau
Bocas, Panama
Tsukuba, Japan
Victoria, Canada

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I hear a ton of good things from people about San Diego. That it is beautiful all year round.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Tampa, FL represent! The city is not without its problems but I really like where I live.

Every city has good and not so good parts. It usually boils down to the area you reside in.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Tokyo, no question. That city is amazing. I'd love to visit it again someday.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I like visiting Boston, SF and NYC, but probably could not live in any of them. NYC I could've done when I was younger and Boston is retarded with the streets. Chicago more or less has the same grid layout as NYC so it's easy to get around. San Diego I did consider moving to a few years ago, so I would add another vote there. I liked Seattle, but haven't been there in awhile and I guess gummy hates it now and says it's all hipsters.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I've got a friend that works on the [Mackinac] island. It's good for a visit.

It does sound cool. I like walking and cycling everywhere. Not having to concern myself with distracted people operating two tons of steel sounds like paradise.

J-P

NEST Puppet
I've moved around a lot. Some of the places I've enjoyed living in:

London / Bristol, UK
Edinburgh, UK
Darjeeling, IN
Utrecht, NL (lived in Rottedam too, wasn't much of a fan of that)
Freiburg / Stuttgart, DE (notably high quality of life here)
Hong Kong, HK
Fujisawa / Enoshima , JP
Montreal, CA
New York, USA

Some of those places have changed greatly since I departed. HK is a very different place now to how it was in 1998. Enoshima was a very nice place to live in Japan, quite different from Tokyo or Yokohama.

London was a great city to live in (still have family there), always something going on. It's too pricey now to live centrally though. Edinburgh is a great place, and the west coast of Scotland in general is pretty stunning.

I grew up in India, split between Tamil-Nadu and Western Sikkim, both spectacular places. Germany was probably one of the most 'sorted' places, with the highest quality of life for it's citizens.

Oman ranks pretty high in the 'nice places to visit' list. As does Madagascar and oddly New Zealand. I was on UN deployment in Kinshasa years ago - aside from all the shit going down, it was a stunningly beautiful country as was Senegal.

I've rarely been to the USA or it's territories, only camps in S.Korea and Okinawa. Will be visiting soon though. Can't imagine it's very different from big Canadian Cities (Toronto etc.)

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
I like visiting Boston, SF and NYC, but probably could not live in any of them. NYC I could've done when I was younger and Boston is retarded with the streets. Chicago more or less has the same grid layout as NYC so it's easy to get around. San Diego I did consider moving to a few years ago, so I would add another vote there. I liked Seattle, but haven't been there in awhile and I guess gummy hates it now and says it's all hipsters.

Seattle is a hobo paradise. Between the hipsters and the homeless, there is human garbage everywhere.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Are there any great cities with reasonable housing prices?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Seattle is a hobo paradise. Between the hipsters and the homeless, there is human garbage everywhere.

He only likes Seattle because he was stalking Kelsey owner of Pink Gorilla.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I begrudgingly admit that Paris is the only city I've been to that took my breath away. Of course it has its shit areas, and a dogshit problem, and the people are awful, but I can't fault the architecture.

Have never been to San Diego but it sounds perfect to me.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Tokyo. Its slightly ghetto sister Osaka wasn't bad either.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Are there any great cities with reasonable housing prices?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
https://www.redfin.com/city/35765/OK/Tulsa/luxury-homes

I only laugh at what our high dollar houses look like. Compared to what a normal house would cost in San Francisco so to say.

I have visited over half the US, and I just can't get over where I already live. The only other place I would like to live compared to here is Indianapolis.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Tulsa, Oklahoma
https://www.redfin.com/city/35765/OK/Tulsa/luxury-homes

I only laugh at what our high dollar houses look like. Compared to what a normal house would cost in San Francisco so to say.

I have visited over half the US, and I just can't get over where I already live. The only other place I would like to live compared to here is Indianapolis.

Interesting.

What's the weather like? Any months it's too hot/cold/wet to be there?

Good food? Any jobs?

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Well our weather is crazy it could be 30 degrees out one day, and 80 the next. Spring and fall is the best time keeps around 70 to 80 most of the time. During July, and August is the hottest days of the year. Also doesn't rain much during that time gets to around 100 degrees.

There is lots to do here what do you like to golf, gamble, watch live shows, sports, enjoy great food, awesome gun shows. A little bit of everything is here.

They're good jobs and bad jobs just like any other decent sized city.