Whats the consensus on Neo Dev games?

Steveotron

n00b
I'm happy that there are still devs making games for the Neo, but the only NG Dev game I like and have played is XYX and I got it on DC. I played the guys PC demo he did in gamemaker first and that's free to download I think from his website. Good game.

Gryzor's Games

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
To me, they feel like pretty amiga games. Other people on these forums have said that as well.

Amiga games on steroids and more than 2 fire buttons = win.
There's nothing wrong with "Amiga" style games as long as they're good.
And Gunlord IS good.

Altough it's no Chris Huelsbeck symphony, the audio tracks are pretty solid/melodic on that game.
I tip my hat on that particular one.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
They are very good games. I look at it this way. I think if it was 15 years ago SNK would probably have granted licences for some of them. Its not like it was not possible for these games to have been made then. SNK would probably request they be cleaned up in a couple of areas outside of gameplay (things like cut scenes and how it flows while not playing) but apart from that they would be more than happy.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I think if it was 15 years ago SNK would probably have granted licences for some of them. Its not like it was not possible for these games to have been made then. SNK would probably request they be cleaned up in a couple of areas outside of gameplay (things like cut scenes and how it flows while not playing) but apart from that they would be more than happy.

Oh c'mon Raz!
SNK let Power Spikes II happen. Why would they bother with a few tweaks here & there? :tickled:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I've been looking at picking up a couple Dreamcast versions of their games but even those seem to be relatively pricey. Not mortgage payment pricey but still creeping towards the better part of $100 for many of them. How much do the DC ports go for new from Neo Dev?

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I've been looking at picking up a couple Dreamcast versions of their games but even those seem to be relatively pricey. Not mortgage payment pricey but still creeping towards the better part of $100 for many of them. How much do the DC ports go for new from Neo Dev?

when I was living back east I would buy from Video games NYC and they charged 45- 60 I think, more for LE editions but I only have the regulars.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Im curious about Kraut Buster, straight metal slug clone but at least its not a shooter