What's the deal with Ganryu?

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
WTF?? A sequel from outta nowhere :ROFLMAO:

Wow, Visco really just handing over everything to indies huh (right after Andros Dunos 2, I assume a Breakers sequel is next)

How strange... I don't understand why devs want to pick up old IPs and make their own fangames but for money
Well, I know why actually - we're only talking about it because it's a sequel lol. Easy and cheap exposure to just buy and old IP that costs two sticks of gum than try and come up with a new IP

For real, I've thought about licensing some old property nobody cares about for cheap. Even SNK is aggressively offering licensing rights to indie developers (like Metal Slug Tactics). I 100% would make a King of the Monsters 3 or make Art of Fighting/Fatal Fury a belt scroller or something, but the idea of taking someone else's work from 20-30 years ago and running with it seems disrespectful to the original creators if they aren't involved

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
I remember getting it for the Dreamcast on Christmas it seemed a somewhat okay game.
Couple of weeks though I gave it away.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
According to Metal Jesus, Ganryu is a "really great hidden gem!"

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Why would they make a sequel. No one cares about the ip. Probably gonna be a mediocre indie platformer.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Anyone play the "sequel" yet? It ACTUALLY looks like a Neo-Geo game this time around.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
According to Metal Jesus, Ganryu is a "really great hidden gem!"

I mean, who doesn't love having a huge bezel, surrounded by another bezel, with what looks to be an old ass 17" 4x3 LCD screen? And you just know those monitor speakers are top notch.

MJR has some good content, but that cabinet is a horror show and no, Ganryu is not a hidden gem. Hidden yes. Gem no.

The game looks and plays like a souped up version of Taito's Legend of Kage, which means it plays like a mediocre mid-80s arcade game.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Been a minute since I've watched him, but a good example is the US N64 disk drive prototype video.
It was a pretty bad brag reel.
I've sort of enjoyed some of his stuff if only because he has decent production values and a sensible pleasant tone.
But his takes are pretty awefull as with too many of these people.
A few do nail the head time and again though