What's the difference between scammers and timewasters?

Tsubaki

B. Jenet's Firstmate
When the creepo wants to know your information but doesn't want to pay up?

Hi, what's your address?

What's your account ID?

Pogue Mahone...I wish I had some muck of the Irish to Drink...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
A scammer is someone who has cheated you out of your money and/or goods. Either you shipped the items and the scammer didn't pay, or they took your money but refuse to send the items you paid for.

A timewaster is someone who reassures a seller of a sale, then backs out. This can cause problems since a seller may take the item off the market and put it "on hold" for a timewaster, only for that person to back out causing the seller to miss other possible selling oportunities.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
68HC000 said:
A scammer is someone who has cheated you out of your money and/or goods. Either you shipped the items and the scammer didn't pay, or they took your money but refuse to send the items you paid for.

A timewaster is someone who reassures a seller of a sale, then backs out. This can cause problems since a seller may take the item off the market and put it "on hold" for a timewaster, only for that person to back out causing the seller to miss other possible selling oportunities.

exactly, I cant stand either one of them. :P

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I believe the correct term for timewaster was "funster", which was introduced back in the Kyokugen Star drama.