What's the worst household chore?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I fucking hate mowing the lawn.

I leave it too long, because I hate doing it, then it's always damp underneath the long grass which means it doesn't cut properly or collect properly in the grass box so the next day it looks like I'm making hay bales.

To add to the joy now I have a dog I will often find a dog egg that we missed picking up as I carve the fucker up with the blades, breaking the seal and releasing the rich gag-worthy aroma.

No wonder EG was so angry all the time.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Washing the windows or defrosting the freezer.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Washing dishes, god damn I really need to buy a dishwasher.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'd say washing the dishes, but I got a dishwasher. Defrosting the freezer isn't fun, I agree.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Painting the deck.

It’s fucking rubbish, like an anti-anniversary every year.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I hated mowing the lawn but my oldest daughter does that for me now. I would have to say cleaning out the gutters, i only do it 3 to 4 times a year but i loathe doing it. Wife for some reasons love doing household chores, but im not complaining. The only thing she doesn't like taking out the trash, which i do, but soon my son will do that.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cleaning the grotto
Scrubbing the jacuzzi
Feeding the stallions
Brushing my teeth
Putting on clean clothes

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Cleaning the jizz off of floors, walls and furniture. It got so cumbersome I just stopped caring.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Putting clean clothes away... Would rather just live out of the dryer.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I love mowing the lawn, love the finished result, good for my OCD.

I have really high ceilings at my house and spiders lover making little webs up there so I have to get a long pole with a brush and try to get them off without smudging them into the surface. Bit of a tedious chore.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Cleaning cat litter boxes when the litter creates a large amount of dust. I know there’s low dust litters, but it still can suck if you don’t have one.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
"Better to mow the lawn than to sweep the dirt." - LoneSage, 2020

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hanging up laundry to dry outside in the middle of freezing winter with your fingers turning blue. But I agree lawnmowering a dogshit-covered yard is definitely in the conversation for worst chore.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I fucking hate mowing the lawn.

I leave it too long, because I hate doing it, then it's always damp underneath the long grass which means it doesn't cut properly or collect properly in the grass box so the next day it looks like I'm making hay bales.

To add to the joy now I have a dog I will often find a dog egg that we missed picking up as I carve the fucker up with the blades, breaking the seal and releasing the rich gag-worthy aroma.

No wonder EG was so angry all the time.

just hire a company to do it for you. It doesn't cost that much, especially if you get them on contract.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah but that costs money and besides you can't complain about it then.

you can complain about people trying to spend their time and energy doing shit that they could cheaply pay others to do for them

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i dont mess with the litter boxes, so I'm going to go with that.
Really, it's all the little upkeep items.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hanging up laundry to dry outside in the middle of freezing winter with your fingers turning blue. But I agree lawnmowering a dogshit-covered yard is definitely in the conversation for worst chore.

Our upstairs neighbour lets his dogs run around in the garden and of course they leave lots of landmines behind. Not so much a prob when they've dried out but fresh ones lead to all sorts of funny patterns on the mower, my legs and the lawn around it. Oh how I friggin' hate it. Complaining doesn't really help, after a week or two it's back to piles of shit everywhere.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Our upstairs neighbour lets his dogs run around in the garden and of course they leave lots of landmines behind. Not so much a prob when they've dried out but fresh ones lead to all sorts of funny patterns on the mower, my legs and the lawn around it. Oh how I friggin' hate it. Complaining doesn't really help, after a week or two it's back to piles of shit everywhere.

They've really cracked down on dog poop in the US. If it isn't your lawn, then pick it up. You might get shot if you dont.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
They've really cracked down on dog poop in the US. If it isn't your lawn, then pick it up. You might get shot if you dont.

Well, my upstairs neighbour Alex also is my boss and landlord.

Makes things extra complicated.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
We just cleaned our siding on our own using this bleach-smelling spray connected to a hose. It ruins old clothes. Hire someone. It's not worth it.

Stripping and re-staining a deck is the worst. If I could start over now, I'd get one of those fancy new plastic decks that doesn't need staining.

I don't really mind mowing the lawn because my lawn isn't that big. Instead of going for a walk or other exercise that day, I just mow once every week. It's easy compared to the huge lawn my parents had in the country growing up.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
We just cleaned our siding on our own using this bleach-smelling spray connected to a hose. It ruins old clothes. Hire someone. It's not worth it.

Did the hose have autofire on it or did you have to manually squeeze the trigger for every spray?

Last edited: