What's wrong with my JammaGenesis??

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I bought a JammaGenesis around 2 years ago. At the time I had a NAC and it worked nearly perfectly...Got rid of that cab, and got a BC.

On the BC the JammaGenesis worked, but the picture was really dark. I had someone else test it on their E2(in May of this year) and they said it worked just fine and was the same quality as other JammaGenesis' they had seen.

I just got an E2 and it doesn't work at all on there. I can kind of see the picture but it's not stable at all. No sound, but I can tell the buttons are registering. The picture scrolls and is barely recognizable. I tried adjusting the sync on the chassis (I think that's the HH15 pot) and that changed the picture but nothing that would stop it from rolling and all the static. The only modification that was done to my cab was adding in a ground plug to the powercord.

So I highly doubt there's anything wrong my jammagenesis, and I'd love to play it on my cab but have no clue how I could go about fixing it or what could potentially be wrong. Regular Jamma pcbs display just fine and play perfectly with no problems.. Any help would be appreciated..Thanks!!

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Check the +5v level, it might be too high for the jammagenesis.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Check the +5v level, it might be too high for the jammagenesis.

I tried adjusting the +5v to various levels (much lower, in between, and even higher than it was) and nothing made a difference. Each time I adjusted the power I reset the game and it didn't seem to matter...The picture is actually probably worse than I described. It just scrolls lines of garbled graphics. Nothing is recognizable. Granted, I know really nothing on the tech end of things, but could the new grounding plug be causing this at all? It's the only thing that isn't stock on the cab.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's probably a grounding issue with the harness, I remember someone saying that his E2 had only 1 ground on the harness actually connected to ground. All grounds on the harness should be connected to ground including the video ground.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It's probably a grounding issue with the harness, I remember someone saying that his E2 had only 1 ground on the harness actually connected to ground. All grounds on the harness should be connected to ground including the video ground.

For someone with no real tech knowledge (myself), would connecting an additional ground to the harness be a difficult thing to do? Also, how could I check my harness to see if it has the proper amount of ground connections (at least to rule out this issue)?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For someone with no real tech knowledge (myself), would connecting an additional ground to the harness be a difficult thing to do? Also, how could I check my harness to see if it has the proper amount of ground connections (at least to rule out this issue)?

If you have a multimeter you can check the harness easily. Put it on continuity checker/diode test and put one probe in the harness without anything plugged into it and the other probe on the ground from the PSU, not earth, ground. If it shows it's connected then move on to the next ground in the harness.

The thing too is that when people make these things like superguns and jammawhatever systems they sometimes forget to join all the grounds on the jamma fingerboard. People sometimes assume that your cab should have all the grounds connected together and if they aren't then you run into problems.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
take a picture where the video is pulled from. also any other items added LM1881 circuit? Is this a model 1 jamma genesis?