What's Your Favorite Fighting Series/Title From Arc System Works?

What's Your Favorite Fighting Series/Title From Arc System Works?

• BlazBlue (Series)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Fist Of The North Star / Hokuto No Ken

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Guilty Gear (Series)

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Persona 4: Arena

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
What's your favorite fighting series/title from Arc System Works?

• BlazBlue (series)
• Fist Of The North Star / Hokuto No Ken
• Guilty Gear (series)
• Persona 4: Arena

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Gear all the way. I used to play #Reload in tournaments.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Sol Bad Guy player over here. Also Potemkin, Ky, Zanuff and the greatest boss ever besides Geese...Justice.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Axl and Millia were always my favorites. A buddy of mine played a killer Zappa and somehow had all of his modes mastered which made him a pain in the ass to play against.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Fist of the North Star is the only one I've put time into, so I'll go with that. Fucking awesome game.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Guilty Gear for sure. I can't wait for Xrd.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I really liked the first BlazBlue game, but I'd have to go with Guilty Gear since I've put a lot of hours into GG, GGX, and GGX2.

Disclaimer: I've never played Fist of the North Star, although I'd love to give it a shot.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
FOTN. Hard Corps Uprising is also the best Contra game released in 20yrs.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
The problem with all those games is Marvel Vs Capcom 2 nukes them into the ground so hardcore that there is literally no point in playing any one of them ever for any reason. Sorry guys, just being honest.

spoonz

Quiz Detective
^^ lolwut?

My choices in order are

1. Guilty Gear
2. Persona
3. Blazblue

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Guilty Gear, all the way. When I bought a PS2, I purchased Guilty Gear X2 with it. So many hours wasted on that game.

Well, not wasted, throughly enjoyed. Chipp Zanuff & Jam are my favs.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
^^ You fly around, throw a bunch of junk, and do big combos. They're fake marvels, they always have been. You're aware of this. They have some cool Last Blade bites, and acknowledge some rockin' heavy metal bands like Meliah Rage, Venom and Slayer (I think) but at the core is the game play and they all lack. Love the soundtracks though. My Isuka Soundtrack CD is a prized treasure on my rack.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
guilty gear. great fighter with an awesome sound track! guilty gear is pretty good too.

spoonz

Quiz Detective
I can understand that they share some similarities but to call them fake marvels is a bit reaching.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
FOTN, but only because there wasn't a "None" choice available.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Is there an instant kill feature in the Marvel games?

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
^^ You fly around, throw a bunch of junk, and do big combos. They're fake marvels, they always have been. You're aware of this. They have some cool Last Blade bites, and acknowledge some rockin' heavy metal bands like Meliah Rage, Venom and Slayer (I think) but at the core is the game play and they all lack. Love the soundtracks though. My Isuka Soundtrack CD is a prized treasure on my rack.

Your comparison here is a bit too generalized for me, alec. That's like saying Garou: Mark Of The Wolves is a "fake" Street Fighter III: Third Strike because they both share certain similarities. Arc System Works may borrow certain parts from Capcom and SNK; but, I'd say they still have legitimate series/titles in their own right. :)

Fist of the North Star is the only one I've put time into, so I'll go with that. Fucking awesome game.

I love this game...love, love, L•O•V•E this game. "You wa shock!" :cool:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Guilty Gear is the most balanced of them.

That game has everything.

I would prefer Hokkuto no Ken, but it is too much broken because of Toki.
Those 3 figure combos also seems to be really exaggerated.
Hokkuto sceams badass from every pixel/note, but GG takes it.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I could go on, but really I'm sorry for shitting in your thread guys. If it's any consolation, I've always called MVC3 a "fake-ass Guilty Gear," it's funny how the tables have turned. Enjoy Xrd everybody!

spoonz

Quiz Detective
In my country had a fairly decent scene for HNK until people started learning dribbles. That just sent the stars into disarray and the scene died completely.

Has anyone tried the new Persona as yet? How different is it from the regular P4 Arena?

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Guilty gear, but only by default. Over time I've found their games harder and harder to just pick up and play. You can't have friends over to just dick around in blazblue.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I think Guilty Gear series is the most complete and balanced but i love Hokuto no ken franchise's even i love Ken's Rage series, i have played it on PS3