When you want to get some news, where do you go and why??

Robert

20 Year Member
With the huge amount of websites dedicated to news all over the world, I wanted to know which one you choose when you want to know what is happening in your country or in the world itself.

I usually go to www.lemonde.fr since it has a nice front page with a clear overview of all the different kind of info (general, business, sport, culture,etc..) and I really like their reader rated article system.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
All the major news sites, including msn, cnn, fox, etc.

But since I'm here a lot more than I'm at any of those, I usually find out about the major stuff here.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I go over to Michael Moore's house and listen to his insane ideology

later, he ate a box of donuts, then he made fun of me on the camera because he's smarter than me

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I dont get any news...but from the Unrelated forum. I have no idea whats going on in the world.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I get all my news from the BBC. They seem to have the very best coverage of whats going on in the world. If I want to know whats going on in Canada then I go to the CBC website.

slerch666

updyke,
I go to BBC World News.

Why do I go there? Because when I want news unpolluted (necessarily) by US politics, that's where I go. They may be "biased" towards one side in their coverage of UK news, but the US news, which is what I go for, isn't littered with left or right thinking, or if it is they do a better job concealing it, unlike Faux News and CNN.

aria

Former Moderator
NYT, BBC, LAT, Yahoo News (for AP/Reuters feeds), and, if I want to see what the masses are being shoveled, CNN.com.

Mostly I use the net for sports news.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
BBC

I use Google News as well, usually i check out their headlines and read 2 or 3 articles from a variety of sources in attempt to get the big picture.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
I go to the Drudge Report, then to the Huffington Post, then I take the average of the two and I usually get the truth.

Seriously though, I usually just read the Washington Post, best newspaper in the world in my opinion.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm one of those cynics that believes:

In between all the lies, there some truth, so if you take a little bit of that and a little bit of this, you get something that somewhat resembles what might have happened. Sometimes you can read what's going on and deduce some of the bullshit and use common sense to get a good picture.

In other words, if you read about a particular event from a liberal source, conservative source, and a supposed non-partisan source, you'll get an idea of what's really going on.

That's what I believe at the end of the day.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
cnn.com

I don't even read newspapers anymore. filled with biased bullshit.

Qcf+lp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It also shows why most of these last days churches are no good.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Qcf+lp said:
www.sherryshriner.com Why? because this site opened my eyes to what is really going on.
Qcf+lp said:
It also shows why most of these last days churches are no good.

willynilly3th.gif

melchia

Franco's Trainer
New York Times and Dallas Morning News (websites/not papers)...If something actually peaks my interest, I'll research it a bit further by checking cnn, bbc, and a few others, but I usually make an effort to get to the source documentation.

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
I reset my audioscrobbler stats, it would from time to time submit a track like 8 times when I had only listened to it once. I think this was due to the fact that:

a.) I'm on dialup

b.) I'm using a hacked plugin (audioscrobbler isn't compatible with win98, I think)

So once I quit being a cheap piece of crap I will either:

a.) get broad band

b.) upgrade/buy a new PC

roker said:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Unrelated.

I too would have to go with unrelated.

There was a time when Bobak, CAR25, bokmeow, Loopz, and Galfordo provided all the news that was news to be reported.

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Where dead tree press is concerned, I typically pick up a Philadelphia Daily News and a Metro on the way into work. Online, I usually check out some of the wires through Yahoo News.