Where to source Japanese arcade parts?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Anyone have a good lead? I was going to order some AMP connectors, sticks and buttons from akishop.jp until I found out the minimum shipping for 2oz. of parts is $200+. I had like $165 in random parts in my cart, went to check out and it was going to be another $350 in shipping, fuck that!

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I get my arcade (Sanwa/Seimitsu) parts from arcadeshock.com and focusattack.com. For the AMP connectors, mouser or digikey carries most sizes.

OmegaMan

n00b
I get my arcade (Sanwa/Seimitsu) parts from arcadeshock.com and focusattack.com. For the AMP connectors, mouser or digikey carries most sizes.
I'm looking to secure those (I believe they are AMP) connectors for my Impress MAME cabinet, and looking on Mouser but not sure exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know how I can identify the 2x2 terminal connectors that are used to connect the mono/stereo audio in the Qsound amp? Thanks.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
There is a wealth of information about pins and housings on the Arcade Otaku wiki pages.

Check digikey 1st, if they are out its probable you will have to deal with lead times.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Good info in here guys, thanks. I'm surprised places like arcade shock that have the buttons and sticks don't stick the common size amp plugs. They were used in most of the 90s candy cabs and seem common as dirt in Japan but rare commodities in the rest of the world.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Good info in here guys, thanks. I'm surprised places like arcade shock that have the buttons and sticks don't stick the common size amp plugs. They were used in most of the 90s candy cabs and seem common as dirt in Japan but rare commodities in the rest of the world.
I have two Blasts and two Astros, so I keep a stock of the various AMP connectors to fix harnesses or build control panels. Just make a big purchase from Mouser and you will be set for a while. They are relatively cheap. Don’t go cheap on the crimper though.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Digikey and arcadepartsandrepair for the CRT connectors and some other oddball ones.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I bought a Hozan P-706 crimper, not very expensive but recommend for the job of crimping AMP UP pins. Also found everything but the 15p male connector on mouser, they're currently out of stock. I haven't seen male and female pin extractors mentioned anywhere, anyone have a part number for those?