Which do you prefer? Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix or The OG CPS2 version?

Which do you prefer? Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix or The OG CPS2 Version?

• Total voters

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I prefer the Original CPS2 version of this game. I don't like the most of the tweaks to the backgrounds, the new character models are "meh" (imo). The AI seems to be more challenging in the OG CPS2 version (imo).

That being said, I do like the fact that they gave Guile back his CPS1 voice, and Ryu's new fake fireball; but I still prefer to play the original version easy.

What's yall opinion?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I prefer the original as well. I can't stand the way the HD game looks. The background characters in particular are drawn HORRIBLY. I mean, they look awful. Holy fuck, I can imagine staff from Capcom Japan looking at that and weeping. Right up until the game was released (and well after it had been confirmed as being an actual game) I was completely sure that all the screenshots we were seeing were photoshop fakes from some high school kid prankster. I couldn't in my wildest nightmares believe they were actual pictures of the real game.

And hi res sprites with no added frames of animation looks idiotic anyway.

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
OG all the way. HD remix just does not look right to me

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
And hi res sprites with no added frames of animation looks idiotic anyway.

I glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I was saying while playing, if they redid the sprites in hi-res, they should've added more frames of animation so the characters would move as smooth as they looked.

All the hi-res paint job did was make the animation look jerky/less smooth/worse than the original.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
everybody should feel offended by that question

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
OG for me

Game looks so helter-skelter in motion... such inconsistent art. You can totally tell that one guy did the Honda and Blanka sprites, while someone else did Akuma and others, for example.

If it was OG sprites with the game changes, then maybe I would play it a lot more. Played it once then ran to SFIV.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I prefer the original as well. I can't stand the way the HD game looks. The background characters in particular are drawn HORRIBLY. I mean, they look awful. Holy fuck, I can imagine staff from Capcom Japan looking at that and weeping.

The game was never released in Japan.

That may explain a lot.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
OG, i wanted to like HD remix, but damn, those sprites look ugly, it looks like a flash game, i used to play it on ps3, but i prefer playing OG ST on GGPO, or 2df.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Where is the option for the HD version of SF: The Movie?

It's all in my head, and it kicks ass!

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
OG all the way.

The HD Remix is so bad that it lowers my opinion of those that think it looks good.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I was saying while playing, if they redid the sprites in hi-res, they should've added more frames of animation so the characters would move as smooth as they looked.

All the hi-res paint job did was make the animation look jerky/less smooth/worse than the original.

I totally Agree, I think thats what killed the hd remix. If the animations flowed alot smoother, the game would have looked so much better. The OG animations were so much better.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
I think HD remix looks like ass, and the tweaks are stupid. Chun li's hopping bird kick makes me laugh every time I see it.

The new art is terrible, chun's got nasty emo eye makeup, blanka looks terrible, and the background characters look like they were pulled from bad animes.

honestly, a really bad package.

SSFIIX is such a beautiful game, they should have just had capcom (not back bone) tweak it a little.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
You guys are making me happy that I haven't purchased HD Remix yet.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
HD Remix plays just fine. The only thing I've seen people complain about is the graphics. I'd rather have the original ST sprites too but for a game this fun I don't really care how it looks.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I kind of regret buying the HD Remix, though I don't hate it as much as everyone else.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I like the old one better, but barely. I think the older one' characters look a lot better, but the new one's backgrounds are much cooler. I simply hate the art on the HD characters. Some are okay, but most suck.

I do really love some of the changes in the new one, however. But also hate some of them as well (chickenwing combo is now history).

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I must be the only person who likes the sprites for HD remix.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I must be the only person who likes the sprites for HD remix.

I like them all with the exception of Cammy. They foobarred that one big time.

Overall I really like the game. It makes the game alot more balanced and I havent had that much fun with it in years.

I do think it could have been done better but overall I enjoy it.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
I like 'em both.

icon14.gif