Which one of the Capcom & Marvel "Vs." Games did you like the LEAST?

Which one of the Capcom/Marvel "Vs." games do you like the least?

• Total voters

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Recently, all I've been playing is the Capcom & Marvel "Vs." series of games.
All these games are incredibly fun. I know that most (including myself) think that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is the best. I'm curious to see which one you enjoyed the least.
For me it's Marvel vs Capcom 1, I like the fact that they added Venom and Strider to the series, but the backgrounds suck IMO compared to the other games in the series. I think they are cheesy, and cartoony. I also don't like the fact that they removed Ken, and Akuma, and instead, combined all their moves into Ryu. I still enjoy the game. It's just, when I play MvC1, I'm constantly wishing the backgrounds were as good as the ones in XMEN vs SF, & Marvel Super Heroes vs SF.

So, here's my opinion: MvC2 > XMEN vs SF > MSH vs SF > MvC1

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Hmm... for those type of games, I'd judge them more on gameplay, as the backgrounds and music in all 4 were just window dressing for the gameplay system. Because of that, this is my order:

MVC2 > MVC > XvsSF >> MvsSF

For these reasons:
MVC2 - cast resulted in years worth of good matches before people realized how broken top tier was
MVC - every character had good combos, strikers complemented the gameplay without dominating it like MVC2
XvsSF - good start to the versus genre, but at mid-to-high levels you need know your character's infinite, or else don't bother showing up
MvsSF - the most boring cast and gameplay of the 4 games. Capcom overcompensated for XvsSF and made the combos too limited.

You can rate MVC over MVC2 in cases where the soundtrack music hasn't been replaced with a reburned disc using custom music. ;)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
MVC2.

it's been a very, very long time since I've played it; all I can remember is finding it flat-out boring.

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
MVC1 > XMVSF > MSHVSF > MVC2

MVC2 is just a button mash-athon and it sucks because of that

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Where's the "all of them suck" option?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I always wanted to put MvC2 into an old Street Fighter dedicated cab that had the punch pads. That would really make the game interesting.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
MVC2.

it's been a very, very long time since I've played it; all I can remember is finding it flat-out boring.

MVC2 is more of a relaxation game, when you just come in do a few aircombo's and not care about the world or anything.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
AppleiDog said:
MVC2 is more of a relaxation game, when you just come in do a few aircombo's and not care about the world or anything.
Yeah, like I said it's been years, maybe 2002, so I'm not sure how I'd like it now.

Would probably still hate it, though!

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I think MVC1 was my favorite one.

I liked MVC2 but the music and backgrounds were crap.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i like mvc1 and 2 the best. but theyre totally different. the only reason i would rate xmen or marvel vs sf as the worst is because i just like mvc better.

i cant decide which though. its the roster, i just cant remember whos in what.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I went with MvC2. Though the character selection was wide, I missed having the 3 punch/ 3 kick setup...just low and high punch/kick failed. To me, it didn't hve the feel of the original three. Speaking of which, my favorite is MvC (music, dual team attacks) and MvSF is a close second, especially when the machine yells out the hyper combo attack on the finish. Besides, Evil Sakura, U.S. Agent and Shadow are great hidden characters.

Xian Xi said:
I always wanted to put MvC2 into an old Street Fighter dedicated cab that had the punch pads. That would really make the game interesting.

Probably wouldn't work all too well since there's only 2 button strengths while the other two switches players and sets out double teams. The other 3 wouldn't be too bad except for tags and double teams, then it would definitely be a challenge to coordinate.

not sonic said:
i like mvc1 and 2 the best. but theyre totally different. the only reason i would rate xmen or marvel vs sf as the worst is because i just like mvc better.

i cant decide which though. its the roster, i just cant remember whos in what.
XSF roster:
Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Rogue
Gambit
Magneto
Juggernaut
Sabretooth
Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Charlie
Dhalsim
Zangief
M. Bison
Cammy
Akuma

MvSF roster:
Blackheart
Captain America
Cyclops
Hulk
Omega Red
Shuma-Gorath
Spider-Man
Wolverine
U.S. Agent (hidden)
Mephisto (hidden)
Armored Spider-Man (hidden)
Akuma
Chun-Li
Dan
Dhalsim
Ken
M. Bison
Ryu
Sakura
Zangief
Mech-Zangief (hidden)
Dark Sakura (hidden)
Shadow (hidden)
Norimaro (Japanese Board)

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
U.S. Agent (hidden)
Mephisto (hidden)
Mech-Zangief (hidden)
Dark Sakura (hidden)
Shadow (hidden)
are just palette and move swaps of course, and IIRC Shadow is Charlie?

MvC2 is so broken, Sentinel and Cable are far too overpowered and the music and the backgrounds suck.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Doctor Shroom said:
U.S. Agent (hidden)
Mephisto (hidden)
Mech-Zangief (hidden)
Dark Sakura (hidden)
Shadow (hidden)
are just palette and move swaps of course, and IIRC Shadow is Charlie?
Yes, Charlie is Shadow and has his moves. The others are palette swaps mainly though Dark Sakura can fire her fireballs straight and do Akuma's level 3 Shun Goku Satsu.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MVC2 was fun at first 'cause you had some nice dream teams and what not, but after a while it's just so broken and unbalanced that I only play it when other folks want to play it.

I like the other 3 almost evenly, but XvS has to take the cake just for the sake of being the first and the fond memories I have from playing it back in the day like a junkie.

On another note; I love Marvel Superheroes the most out of all them marvel games.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
MvsC2 is the best, MSH vs SF was the worst. X-men vs. Street Fighter gets props for starting the whole thing, and being pretty damn cool.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
DangerousK said:
Maybe if you've been abusing crystal meth it is.

You neo geo people crack me up. Cling to an idea to the grave. Face it, MvsC2 gets comp play to this very day. Why? Because it is balls to the wall fast and bad ass.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
The one I like the least is MvC1 It just didn't do it for me. I found it boring. Onslaught as a boss was cool but I wanted different characters.

p.s. MvC2 is not a button masher. Shit like Triangle Jumping Combos and Tempest combos aren't easy at all.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
You neo geo people crack me up. Cling to an idea to the grave. Face it, MvsC2 gets comp play to this very day. Why? Because it is balls to the wall fast and bad ass.

Terrible, terrible game.

Shit sprites, shit backgrounds, shit music, too many useless characters, lack of character balance, etc.

Yes I would say it is a great game...

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Even though it seems to be the black sheep of the series, I've always had a soft spot for Marvel vs. SF, the game always had this weird vibe to me with Cyber Akuma and all the other weird characters in it. X-men vs. SF was great too, the first import game I ever bought. I remember when I first read that it was coming to the Saturn in Gamefan, I nearly shit my pants. I felt a certain smug geek superiority over my friend, who had the shitty PS1 version.

I never really got into the Marvel vs. Capcom games. They are cool, but I prefer something a bit more...focused I guess you could say. Strider was fucking sweet in the first one though.

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
MvC2 is winning as the least liked?!! I'm shocked, I thought that was the most popular of the 4.